2019 State Tournament

CC Track Fan

Jake Foster is swimming the IM and Breast while Carson is swimming Back and 200. Ansel Froass transferred from St. X to join them. Good chance they will set four individual state records and 2 relay records but is it enough to challenge St. X for state title?

I don't think so but it will be the closest state meet in a number of years.

Watched these guys at the conference meet. The problem will be depth. X will just have so many swimmers qualified and pointing in the state meet. But Sycamore may come in 2nd.

Jake Foster is swimming the IM and Breast while Carson is swimming Back and 200. Ansel Froass transferred from St. X to join them. Good chance they will set four individual state records and 2 relay records but is it enough to challenge St. X for state title?

I don't think so but it will be the closest state meet in a number of years.

Wondering how Froass is eligible since he swam an official meet with X, even though it was an intrasquad meet.

We will get a good feel for things at the district meet this weekend. I find that X generally wins the state by how many swimmers it qualifies at districts

Last edited:
Sycamore sure has some elite individual talent this year!

Relays should be incredible, possibly break some of X’s State records.

State title talk may be fun but it’s silly. X is far deeper than Sycamore. If your best swimmers could swim every event you’d be the champs (same with the GMC title vs Mason).

Looking forward to see what the Manta Ray stars can accomplish at this state meet!

Records have already been broken or tied.

Carson just short of his 200 record by .30 then set the back record in 46.93.
Jake set IM record of 1:45.95 then followed it up with record in breast of 54.20.

They began the day matching St. X. medley relay record.

Swimmeet has projections based on district time.

1 Cincinnati St. Xavier 309.0
2 Cincinnati Sycamore 244.0
3 North Canton Hoover 150.0
4 Toledo St. Francis de Sales 141.0
5 Brecksville-Broadview Heights 120.0

St.X would need to swim bad and get a relay DQ's because Sycamore can not scoring much more than this since most of points coming from 1st place district times.

Across the board, that was one of the fastest district meets that I have seen. Not just the Fosters, but a lot of other guys did very, very well.