2019 State Cup

CDA and Ohio Galaxies won their flights in U16,17, 18, and 19. CUP Gold showed well in those age groups as well.

Looks like CUP/CDA is still dominant at the state level.

CUP and the TOOLS at OP etc is a little QUIET??? A bit butt hurt by chance?

Butt hurt over what? Looks like CUP (CDA) did well to in the State Cup. Cincinnati United / DA was the Champ or finalists in every division except one.

State Cup Results Champion----------------- Finalist
Girls Under 11 TFA Elite---------------------- CUP 08 North 1
Girls Under 12 CUP North 2007 1 --------- CUP 07G South
Girls Under 13 CUP 06 SOUTH ------------ TFA Elite 06
Girls Under 14 CUP 05 Gold --------------- KHA Red 05
Girls Under 15 CDA Premier 04 ----------- CUP 04 Gold
Girls Under 16 Ohio Galaxies FC 03 Elite-- CDA Premier 03
Girls Under 17 Ohio Galaxies FC 02 Elite - CUP 02 Gold
Girls Under 18 TFA Elite G01--------------- CDA Premier 01
Girls Under 19 CDA Premier 00 ---------- Ohio Galaxies FC 00 Elite

Looks like every age group U11-U19?

QUOTE=coachg;7314347]Butt hurt over what? Looks like CUP (CDA) did well to in the State Cup. Cincinnati United / DA was the Champ or finalists in every division except one.

State Cup Results Champion----------------- Finalist
Girls Under 11 TFA Elite---------------------- CUP 08 North 1
Girls Under 12 CUP North 2007 1 --------- CUP 07G South
Girls Under 13 CUP 06 SOUTH ------------ TFA Elite 06
Girls Under 14 CUP 05 Gold --------------- KHA Red 05
Girls Under 15 CDA Premier 04 ----------- CUP 04 Gold
Girls Under 16 Ohio Galaxies FC 03 Elite-- CDA Premier 03
Girls Under 17 Ohio Galaxies FC 02 Elite - CUP 02 Gold
Girls Under 18 TFA Elite G01--------------- CDA Premier 01
Girls Under 19 CDA Premier 00 ---------- Ohio Galaxies FC 00 Elite[/QUOTE]

Wow !
Let's not forget boys and girls the two best ECNL clubs in the State do not play State cup.
The last Time OP and OE played they totally dominated the Girls age groups.

Wow !
Let's not forget boys and girls the two best ECNL clubs in the State do not play State cup.

I think they did very well in 2011 in the girls brackets but I didn’t see “domination” in the list of historical winners. CUP, KHA ( Classic Hammer),OP, and Ohio Elite have all had their runs.

Wow !

Jesus give it up! Does every thread have to turn into OE vs. CUP for you? Until CDA plays OE ECNL this argument is just based on opinions and often those are biased by sour grapes, which is obviously the case for you.

Wow !

Ancient history. Kinda reminds me of a Michigan fan talking about the last time they beat OSU..

ECNL teams would wipe the slate clean if they played SC. End of story. Meanwhile the exodus continues at CUP. ROTFLMAO

I love the saying "Put up or shut up!". We can talk all day long about who would win but it doesn't matter unless its proven on the field. As for an exodus.. LOL LOL LOL LOL I hear it every year and as many that leave CUP also leave OE for CUP. Think about it if 3 OE go to CUP and CUP takes them I bet the 3 CUP let go will go to OE. Its a numbers game.

CUP Gold 03 (U-16) took the eventual winners (Ohio Galaxies) to OT in the Semis. Not bad for the 3rd team in the club.

Ohio galaxies got a lot to be proud of. Cincinnati United showed some class in the last matchup. Real good people every time we see them.

Rough day for CUP and CDA at regionals. No winners, and the one CUP team lost 2-8. I think the only OH-S team to post a win was a younger TFA group.

Remember when you could not walk around Frisco without seeing a CUP uniform from some age group. Ah the good ol’ day’s.

And not as single CUP and CDA girls team advances to the semi finals. Who was it again that said they were destroying the brand. Hmmmm Let me think.....

And not as single CUP and CDA girls team advances to the semi finals. Who was it again that said they were destroying the brand. Hmmmm Let me think.....

Other than the OP boys U19, I don't think any other team representing Ohio South did well at all. Curious if Ohio South thinks that's a problem, or if it is even their problem to solve. Either way, with the amount of talent in Southern Ohio it is a crying shame to see the lack of success beyond State Cup. Has not always been that way, and has not always been CUP. Ohio South could easily have teams regularly competing for Nationals (USYSA or US Club) with the talent in the area. Love to know what others think the issue is, and what if anything could be done about it, or if it even matters.

You forgot the third head of the monster - the CREAM -$$$$$. Egos politics and money. The State, Reg and National Cup over the years have lost their luster, I think mainly due to all of the championships at every turn for ECNL, NPL etc. Plus all of these showcases and national events that the various leagues hold in tourist spots. Vegas, San Diego, Phoenix, Palm Coast on and on. It is hard to beat that with State Cup games in Huber Heights vs. local yokel teams with a couple beast players booming the ball. ODP has also been killed by these other opportunities, as well as mismanaged.

Why not just ditch the whole process and use OS State league competition to determine who goes to Regional? Play all teams 2X and winner goes on. Or if you must have it, top 4 play a 1-4, 2-3 semi then a final, one weekend only the weekend prior to Memorial Day. I think it would help ease the ref problems doing it that way, but just a thought.