2019 St. Ignatius Wildcats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The current senior and junior classes had struggles in JV and frosh football. The current sophomores are just bowling over people and have never lost a game going back to Freshman year and the Freshman far have looked good. These younger kids will be a great squad when they get up to

The current junior and senior classes on varsity now did not have the talent potential that the current JV and frosh teams have now. The sophomore class is loaded. If you’ve followed the kids their whole way through the program, you would know.

Pretty sure the current seniors were a wrecking crew as frosh and JVs. The current juniors struggled more than any class in recent memory.

Man I'd love to have 11 titles and be in a drought of 8 years for a title. Winning in multiple sports every year. Just beat us in baseball. Win more team titles in a year or 2 than some public's have all time. You guys are spoiled

I'd like to win at least one title before we fall off. Cuz public's aren't gonna be good as long as privates

Yep, but expecting to beat a Canadian team does not fall into that category.

Cardz tried to tell a few of your uninformed posters that this isn't a typical team from Canada. We talked about this watching the game we had with Clarkson Both lines were huge and they weren't fat kids. They have some players there. Old Dominion recruit at qb. Some other nice players

That team is better than half of our GCC league teams. Or at least 3 of them. Not at all like a non Glenville Senate team . Played us tough for a half. We scored 28 but there was resistance unlike Medina and Elyria who both sucked

Athletic Director Rory Fitzpatrick doesn't receive enough criticism for his scheduling.

Compare that with the job that Athletic Director Kevin Hickman is doing at St. Edward.

Cardz tried to tell a few of your uninformed posters that this isn't a typical team from Canada. We talked about this watching the game we had with Clarkson Both lines were huge and they weren't fat kids. They have some players there. Old Dominion recruit at qb. Some other nice players

That team is better than half of our GCC league teams. Or at least 3 of them. Not at all like a non Glenville Senate team . Played us tough for a half. We scored 28 but there was resistance unlike Medina and Elyria who both sucked
Great, and they did have some players. However there is no excuse for the way the Ignatius defense played, especially in the Hail Mary.

I think you made your point about Ignatius fans being spoiled but nothing anyone says will convince me Ignatius should have lost to a Canadian team.

Athletic Director Rory Fitzpatrick doesn't receive enough criticism for his scheduling.

Compare that with the job that Athletic Director Kevin Hickman is doing at St. Edward.
I would assume he is scheduling the schools who returns his calls. I know a few years back they sent out inquiries to every D1 school with the same open dates and zero were returned.

Pretty sure the current seniors were a wrecking crew as frosh and JVs. The current juniors struggled more than any class in recent memory.
Junior class is very weak. Senior class did not struggle as bad but has still never beaten Mentor and was 1-1 against Ed’s. The sophomore class is 2-0 against Mentor, Hoban, and it’ll be an interesting JV holy war, as Eds has a loaded sophomore class too. Frosh class has steamrolled everyone so far, minus Walsh, but they were not playing starters in that game from what I heard.

Colin. Remember last year when suggested that Ignatius would be better off canceling a game against.....who was it???
Maybe they shoulda canceled this one.

It was that school from Columbus, and yes I remember. I did think it was a bad idea. Did you wring your hands before you typed out that question? Was it fun waiting a year to post it? Bet it was for you.

Ferguson always comes out when Ignatius loses, or to post about the admissions standards at St Edward.

It was that school from Columbus, and yes I remember. I did think it was a bad idea. Did you wring your hands before you typed out that question? Was it fun waiting a year to post it? Bet it was for you.

Ferguson always comes out when Ignatius loses, or to post about the admissions standards at St Edward.

Yeah, I have noticed that too. One of those guys that has made an effort to stay connected to the programs, through Yappi, when he really has no reason to. I would expect him to have a lot of free time on his hands to be able to keep up with other programs.

You can probably picture that type of person he is, who spends so much time on the internet.

Rumor has it Daugstrup is out with with another torn ACL.... The D1 offers he’s gotten are unbelievable. Played a couple games as a sophomore, has natural TE size but has never delivered on the field as a threat other than a blocking TE on the rare occasion he’s healthy. Will be a total bust as D1 college player. Wondering if offers hold up given he will have missed virtually all of junior and senior seasons with 2 different ACL injuries. If kids can decommit, wondering if schools can pull offers due to too many injuries. Oh, and Rutgers, his only B10 offer so far, fired their head coach today..... LOL. This season is a dumpster fire. Way too many individuals on this team and no sense of team and “next man up” when called to duty.
What a classless post.

You're a coward and a loser

Colin, how is this classless? Do you have facts that support Daugstrup’s offers other than his god given size? I’d love to see them because from everything I’ve seen, and I’ve been watching, nothing on the field justifies the offers he’s received.
Why do you care? Is your kid not getting recruited?

You sound like a jealous fool. Hope you feel good predicting a 17 year old kid will be a bust in college.

I’ve deleted my previous posts because clearly Mr Colin Cat takes exception with my posts and he is connected to the school. I’m merely an objective observer from the outside trying to make objective observations about a program that is struggling and not living up to expectations. It’s a storied program that had a helluva run totaling 11 State Championships and many successful D1 recruits and a handful of NFL players. Unfortunately, the program has not had success recently as it had during it’s hay day. Emotions on this thread are real and obviously people still are passionate about their program. May they find a way to get back on track and restore the glory of the program. No idea what that answer is but best of luck to you all of you Wildcat lovers.

The current senior and junior classes had struggles in JV and frosh football. The current sophomores are just bowling over people and have never lost a game going back to Freshman year and the Freshman far have looked good. These younger kids will be a great squad when they get up to

The current junior and senior classes on varsity now did not have the talent potential that the current JV and frosh teams have now. The sophomore class is loaded. If you’ve followed the kids their whole way through the program, you would know.
My point being that once these phenomenal frosh and jayvees are coached by the same coaches running the same predictable and ridiculous plays week after week they will have the same result

I’ve deleted my previous posts because clearly Mr Colin Cat takes exception with my posts and he is connected to the school. I’m merely an objective observer from the outside trying to make objective observations about a program that is struggling and not living up to expectations. It’s a storied program that had a helluva run totaling 11 State Championships and many successful D1 recruits and a handful of NFL players. Unfortunately, the program has not had success recently as it had during it’s hay day. Emotions on this thread are real and obviously people still are passionate about their program. May they find a way to get back on track and restore the glory of the program. No idea what that answer is but best of luck to you all of you Wildcat lovers.

It is good you deleted that post. "Objective observers" don't call out students for not deserving scholarship offers they EARNED. The kid got injured and you were piling on. This isn't the NFL, and even if it was - how fair is to criticize an athlete for tearing an ACL?

Ignatius is coming off the worst loss in the Kyle era - even if I don't believe Football North is near the worst team that has beaten them in 30 years. It is entirely about the sigma of the Canadian school. If not for that comeback win over Hoban, this season would feel like a complete dumpster fire. But they did win, possibly beating the top team in Ohio. This group could go one of two directions. As a Mentor fan hoping for the least resistance, I personally hope to not see Ignatius in November.

That's a terrible take. Few people could do that job. Fitzpatrick makes hundreds, if not thousands, of phone calls every winter to schedule teams. Public schools in Ohio won't even call him back. It's not an easy job, believe me.

That's a terrible take. Few people could do that job. Fitzpatrick makes hundreds, if not thousands, of phone calls every winter to schedule teams. Public schools in Ohio won't even call him back. It's not an easy job, believe me.
Eds has the same problem. The public schools won’t schedule them

Freshmen and JV doing well doesn't mean the Varsity will be successful.
While that is true, at the same time, it is all but certain that classes who struggle in Frosh and JV have a miserable time at varsity. The classes that come to mind are the classes of 2011 and 2016 who missed the playoffs entirely during their senior years in 2010 and 2015. Unfortunately, there is a very weak junior class behind the current senior class. All I’m saying is this, the current sophomore and frosh classes appear to be loaded on talent, much more so than I have seen since at the younger levels since the late 2000s. That’s something to look forward to over the next couple years as they come up to varsity. I expect a lot of the sophomores to get a ton of playing time and experience next year on varsity with the below average junior class. A championship is never guaranteed, but I do think they’ll have a good squad in 2021. Quite frankly, it’s all I have to look forward to because this year has already been a major disappointment and next year will be rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.