2019 St. Ignatius Wildcats

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first of many. While I was listening I never heard them mention Coach Kyle once. They probably didn't know the Ignatius coach was. These kids were admitted to Ignatius, so I assume they have brains in their heads. From today's broadcast, you never would have known that.
You should be ashamed of yourself. You're trashing high school kids for traveling 8 hours roundtrip to broadcast a game to your phone/computer for free? Do you realize that these are 16-18 year-old high school kids who aren't getting paid?

Congrats on being a 50-70 year-old guy who likes to make fun of high school kids.

It's crazy to think Ignatius has to play at Mentor, at Hoban, and at Dematha the next 3 weeks. How worn out will these kids be after that 3 game stretch?

And yet St Eds has a much more manageable schedule that includes EIGHT home games. I know they are essentially paying for at least a few of those home games, but still. How is it that the Eagles seem to have better fortunes in putting together the right schedule than St Ignatius does?

Could someone tell me how many band members there are this year? and the number of varsity football players. I think I saw a seismic shift in their respective numbers.

And yet St Eds has a much more manageable schedule that includes EIGHT home games. I know they are essentially paying for at least a few of those home games, but still. How is it that the Eagles seem to have better fortunes in putting together the right schedule than St Ignatius does?
Last season, St. Ignatius had a more manageable schedule than St. Edward. The Wildcats had seven home games, while the Eagles had just four. The two teams had three common, regular-season opponents: Mentor, Elder and Moeller. Ignatius played all three at home, while Ed’s was on the road for all three. And, St. Ignatius hosted St. Edward in the final regular-season game.

Saw SS Andrew Chime perform at Fordham's camp. Kid is a stud athlete. Hoping for a breakout year out of him.

freshman season opener - Wildkittens 26 Mentor 7

The running back Fofana (#26) is pretty impressive.
Also some familiar family names on the frosh roster - Haddad, Ruddy, Krebs. Looks like the next generation is arriving

Ed's frosh 0-2 after losing to Mentor 10-7 and Hoban 12-0. Maybe they didn't get all the talent. Next Thurs - Hoban comes to Wasmer.

Last edited:
It's crazy to think Ignatius has to play at Mentor, at Hoban, and at Dematha the next 3 weeks. How worn out will these kids be after that 3 game stretch?

From a travel standpoint to Maryland I agree. Travel is a non issue next 2 weeks, did same 2 years ago. Now, from a competition fatigue standpoint, not sure. It can go 1 of 2 ways. If 2-2 or better, could be a major boost for rest of way, and some huge experience points. Still not quite sure what to expect next 2 weeks. Tomorrow, have a pretty good idea

Can’t think of a more difficult three game stretch for any other team, quite possibly ever! ?

Restifo has to go. Question is, is he guaranteed to remain on as long as he wants to while Kyle is coaching?

I just see zero effort to not be predictable.

They catch on to Welsch and you dont try some misdirection?

Cmiel is a threat but isnt utilized truly on that side of the ball. Back to back weeks you see how he can break a screen for example, and you throw maybe 1 a week?

When you need to press the gas, you dont. When you need to go slow and try to shorten the game, you do the opposite.

I dont get it.

Moeller looks to be really bad, havent even scored points yet this year. Good news is that should be a win. Bad news is it wont bring points

I think this reiterates that this team has to win at least one of the next 2. Outside of the next 2, think looking at wins vsToronto, football north, moeller, rockledge. Ed's will be tossup I think. X is always a better chance when up north.

Having said all that, not sure there are enough threats on offense. And we cant couple that with predictable playcalling and not utilizing your 1 or 2 threats enough.

Also get some pass protection. And when time to throw, teach the kid to put some touch on throws. He is gunning the ball. And, at this rate, he has taken at least 3 possible knockout punches in 2 games.

How many targets have Cmiel and Daugstrup gotten through the first two games? Feels like < 5 combined - crazy for two D1 targets. I get that teams are doing everything possible to take away Cmiel, but Daugstrup hasn't gotten the same treatment.

Agree with the above comments on the passing game. I do think there are offensive threats, but are not being utilized. Cmiel, Daugstrup and Lang are not getting any throws. Fabe caught a number of passes in the Loyola game but was injured and DNP last night. Cmiel is getting double coverage but the middle and other side of the field were wide open. There were openings in the Mentor defensive backfield last night and the passes were either high and/or had too much velocity.

Health is a question mark. Hanna's status may be questionable after the final play last night. Watching what was taking place on the bench after the game, it did not look good. The return of WR Fabe and RB Simcak would help, but how close are they to returning? LB/RB McNamara is one of the team leaders, can be a playmaker on D and had a similar running style as Welsch (as evidenced 2 years ago as a sophomore in the playoffs), but he was on the sidelines for the first 2 games. He may be closest to returning

JV game this morning:

Ignatius 21
Mentor 14
final

Looks like Ignatius has back-to-back, very talented classes in the current classes of '22 and '23
QB Jaxon French and RB Ryan Waldron had big games

JV game this morning:

Ignatius 21
Mentor 14
final

Looks like Ignatius has back-to-back, very talented classes in the current classes of '22 and '23
QB Jaxon French and RB Ryan Waldron had big games
Wonder if French may be playing soon

The future is very bright for the Wildcats. Freshman and Sophomore classes are VERY strong, especially with the transfer of Jaxon French.

The varsity team has a ton of room to improve, and I believe they will on both sides of the ball. They did last year. Minus the second half last night, The offense has looked much better in the first 2 games of this season compared to how it did during the first two games of last season. Granted, they did not play Hoban in week 1, and that game next week will be a big test. The Defense was on the field way too much in the second half last night with all of the turnovers, but overall they are a solid group and they will be fine. A loss against Mentor in September means nothing as long as they take care of business the rest of the way. I predicted before the season that they’d probably go 7-3 with this schedule. I think 6-4 will be enough to get them a 7 or 8 seed. Once you get in the playoffs, we all know how hard it is to beat a team twice in one year. If they peak at the right time toward the end of the season, anything can happen. St. X and St. Ed’s have shown that. Just like Coach Kyle said “keep the faith”.

To the Mentor fans who frequent this thread, good luck the rest of the way, and see you in November. Mentor may have to survive two rematch games though against the Cats and the Eagles to deliver on that State Championship goal. It’ll be a fun fall.

Mentor with back to back wins over the Cleveland-parochial big boys. Does Mitch Trubisky have a little brother playing QB these days?

Mentor with back to back wins over the Cleveland-parochial big boys. Does Mitch Trubisky have a little brother playing QB these days?

Was WR, believe may have graduated. So, answer is no. Kipp is a better runner than Trubisky although the QB stable has been amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.