2019 Preseason Games/Favorites

Cincy_Futbol

Post preseason tournament game observations and 2019 predictions below.

Most interesting story for me is whether SCD and Moeller can repeat their success from last year.

Feel sorry for the players at the Mason preseason classic this weekend. Going to be awfully warm - especially playing multiple games.

I am most interested in D2 Cincinnati. Really brutal. SCD probably still the class of the division but Indian Hill should be strong, McNick had a great run last year and CCD moves up. Also have Wyoming, although down from last year Adam Jones will have them in good form, along with Roger Bacon, CHCA and New Richmond. Out of that only 2 advance. That is a tough sectional!

D3 will come down to Seven Hills, Madeira and Mariemont for the spots. Don't see anyone outside of those 3 posing a challenge.

Mason, Moeller and St. X will be strong in DI but I think Milford will be the surprise team. Turpin down this year

Feel sorry for the players at the Mason preseason classic this weekend. Going to be awfully warm - especially playing multiple games.
It has been pretty hot for sure, but the misting tents, shade tents provided for each team on the sidelines, water breaks midway through halves, and water jug availability have really helped. The winds today had kicked up a bit and that has helped too. Many of the coaches I checked in used this opportunity to stress hydration and nutrition needs for players. I can't wait to be at the Warren County Sports Park next year. The sand-capped fields offer a cooler option than turf.

I am most interested in D2 Cincinnati. Really brutal. SCD probably still the class of the division but Indian Hill should be strong, McNick had a great run last year and CCD moves up. Also have Wyoming, although down from last year Adam Jones will have them in good form, along with Roger Bacon, CHCA and New Richmond. Out of that only 2 advance. That is a tough sectional!

D3 will come down to Seven Hills, Madeira and Mariemont for the spots. Don't see anyone outside of those 3 posing a challenge.

Mason, Moeller and St. X will be strong in DI but I think Milford will be the surprise team. Turpin down this year

D2 Cincy will be interesting. In my eyes it comes down to four teams: SCD, Indian Hill, Wyoming, and McNick. Indian Hill has the talent, SCD has the winning culture, Wyoming is the wild card with Jones & Reedy coaching. Will be fun to watch.

Went to the MPC last weekend. I walked away very impressed with three teams: Dayton Carroll, Milford, and Walnut Hills. Them along with Mason, St. X and Moeller will make for a Competitive D1 tournament.

Thanks, Cincy. I'm a Mason person very involved in the tournament. My son was on the Mason 2 team in that division. Walnut Hills/Carroll would have come down to pks had the Mason 1 vs. Carroll game ended at 3-1. Since it was 3-2 (late pk given), that allowed Walnut to win, based on goals against. So close! I loved the Carroll team. LOTS of field chatter, physical (but controlled), fast pace. They should do very well. Milford was a pleasant surprise. Moeller was missing a few players.

The girls side (I know I'm on the boy's forum...sorry) was really good too. The scheduler did a great job getting teams in the divisions with appropriate teams. Beavercreek won the top division, and Mount Notre Dame seemed to have three deep teams there.

Great coaches from teams that stopped by the main tent. Thank everyone for coming, bearing the heat, and giving us another great couple of weekends of soccer to watch!

Everyone stay healthy. August 1, 2, 3 will be here before we know it!

I thought I wrote this earlier but the magazine Top Drawer Soccer had named St. Ignatius as the preseason #1 in the country.