2019 Pittsburgh Steelers

and if we don't snap the ball over our QB's head on the first drive for a DEF score then maybe we win by 10. but if "if's and but's were candy and nuts"

i love the "poor play calling". i saw one, which was calling play action in your own endzone, that was a bad call. otherwise they moved the ball pretty well. turning it over doesn't help at all. but go ahead and sit home on your couch and keep thinking you know exactly what play to call, when to call it, and you could get this team to execute it perfectly every time, because that's basically the type of fan you are - 20/20 hindsight, monday morning quarterback from your couch - you have all the answers....................after a play doesn't work.

and you distort the facts with your stats on Gurley. he had a 22 yd run. take that away and he's 11 for 51 at a 4.6 yd avg. that's not shredding the defense. Steelers have shown that you can't just line up and run at them at will. they are only giving up 3.9 yards per carry for the season.

like i said, doesn't matter what the Steelers do. we could win the Super Bowl with this team this season and you would still want Tomlin fired. it's absurd.

How in your mind does are those two things analogous? A coach being fixated on his QB to the detriment of his team's success is not at all the same as a bad play.

Yes, poor play-calling. The play-action in the end-zone was just one - and it came straight from Tomlin. Another, and it also doubles as poor time management, was an entire sequence right before the half that needlessly gave the Rams another opportunity to score. Dumb. Coaching.

Why do you get to eliminate one run? Do you watch the NFL? RBs typically have a bunch of 1-4yard carries interspersed with a few big carries. If That's how it goes. It's almost never just a constant stream of 6-7 yard runs. And 4.6 yards per carry at 25 carries is what, genius? 115 yards. That's a pretty solid day in the NFL. If the Gurley himself had 115 yards, the Rams probably win that game. But going by how he actually ran, he would had likely hit 150.

This team could have gone 4-12 and you'd be in here talking about what a great job he did without Ben.

You're a joke. A moron who can't think.

Last edited:
How in your mind does are those two things analogous? A coach being fixated on his QB to the detriment of his team's success is not at all the same as a bad play.

Yes, poor play-calling. The play-action in the end-zone was just one - and it came straight from Tomlin. Another, and it also doubles as poor time management, was an entire sequence right before the half that needlessly gave the Rams another opportunity to score. Dumb. Coaching.

Why do you get to eliminate one run? Do you watch the NFL? RBs typically have a bunch of 1-4yard carries interspersed with a few big carries. If That's how it goes. It's almost never just a constant stream of 6-7 yard runs. And 4.6 yards per carry at 25 carries is what, genius? 115 yards. That's a pretty solid day in the NFL. If the Gurley himself had 115 yards, the Rams probably win that game. But going by how he actually ran, he would had likely hit 150.

This team could have gone 4-12 and you'd be in here talking about what a great job he did without Ben.

You're a joke. A moron who can't think.

ummmm, wrong.

double wrong.

strike 3. you're out.

but thanks for playing.

Yep, that play action for the safety was outright STUPID!! But what about the 4th and short from your side of the field? What's everybody's take on that play calling?

Yep, that play action for the safety was outright STUPID!! But what about the 4th and short from your side of the field? What's everybody's take on that play calling?
Since they got a first down, Great call!

Sometimes ya gotta go with the ballsy calls

most of the time, probably about 95% of the people watching the game base whether the call was a "good call or not" on the RESULT of the play. if the team converts, then it's "GREAT CALL!!!", but if they don't, they're usually like "that was so dumb. why'd you go for that? just punt it away and trust your defense."

that last part always seems to come up more often than not. most announcers always talk about "punt it away and trust your defense." does any coach actually TRUST their offense? how about that? can a coach trust his offense to get one yard or even LESS than a yard? i think so.

it's a double standard but Tomlin trusted his offense to get that yard, made a call that he felt was right, and his team EXECUTED it.

most of the time, probably about 95% of the people watching the game base whether the call was a "good call or not" on the RESULT of the play. if the team converts, then it's "GREAT CALL!!!", but if they don't, they're usually like "that was so dumb. why'd you go for that? just punt it away and trust your defense."

that last part always seems to come up more often than not. most announcers always talk about "punt it away and trust your defense." does any coach actually TRUST their offense? how about that? can a coach trust his offense to get one yard or even LESS than a yard? i think so.

it's a double standard but Tomlin trusted his offense to get that yard, made a call that he felt was right, and his team EXECUTED it.
I concur.
Successful = genius call
Not so much = terrible call.

In all sports I have been to utter, oftentimes, great call, bad result or terrible call, good result.
It happens.
Sometimes you go on a gut feeling. Hell, I intentionally walked a kid in a HS tournament game with the tying runner at first because I had the feeling/was more worried the bttter would hit a 2B or better to tie the game than the next batter would get a hit or we would make an error. Dumb move, but worked.

Tomilins call was ballsy. Don't get it, then it is confirmation bias to those who already hate him to want him fired.

not really sure what to say about the game as the Steelers offense was terrible. losing your starting RB and two starting wideouts to a shoulder and two concussions certainly doesn't help. Rudolph was terrible.

defense played well but couldn't get to Baker as they only had one sack and didn't create a turnover.

the end of the game.......wow.

not sure what the league will do on this but i have a feeling Garrett has played his last game this season and Pouncey most likely out a game or two.

probably some hefty fines for some others.

Was it a mistake to bring Connor back for this one ? What was the nature of the injury ? Sometimes a week or two of extra rest doesn't necessarily help, but should he have returned ?

not really sure what to say about the game as the Steelers offense was terrible. losing your starting RB and two starting wideouts to a shoulder and two concussions certainly doesn't help. Rudolph was terrible.

defense played well but couldn't get to Baker as they only had one sack and didn't create a turnover.

the end of the game.......wow.

not sure what the league will do on this but i have a feeling Garrett has played his last game this season and Pouncey most likely out a game or two.

probably some hefty fines for some others.

With everybody in black and yellow frustrated as hell, ugly attitudes all around and the outcome decided, was the last 8 seconds worth it ? Villanueva won't have to hold every play next time, with Garrett out, so I guess Tomlin's a hero ?

Pouncy gets a rest for the Bungles. Shouldn't matter much more than Chase Young missing Maryland and Rutgers for tOSU.

I love how most all your guys with a mic in their face are acting like Garrett was completely unprovoked. What a trash culture of riverrats over there.

Was it a mistake to bring Connor back for this one ? What was the nature of the injury ? Sometimes a week or two of extra rest doesn't necessarily help, but should he have returned ?
I am thinking he was less than truthful to team physicians during the recovery process and thought h could suck it up and play.

i
With everybody in black and yellow frustrated as hell, ugly attitudes all around and the outcome decided, was the last 8 seconds worth it ? Villanueva won't have to hold every play next time, with Garrett out, so I guess Tomlin's a hero ?

Pouncy gets a rest for the Bungles. Shouldn't matter much more than Chase Young missing Maryland and Rutgers for tOSU.

I love how most all your guys with a mic in their face are acting like Garrett was completely unprovoked. What a trash culture of riverrats over there.

i love how a large portion of Browns fans want to rationalize/justify what Garrett did by using the "Rudolph started it" argument. it's ridiculous.

if situation is reversed and this happened to Baker by someone on the Steelers, all Browns fans would be singing the exact same tune, so please stop with the "Rudolph provoked him/started it/is to blame" takes. they hold no water.

Garrett didn't need to do ANYTHING after he got up off of Rudolph. he could've stopped right there. he didn't. everything that happened after that is all on him. his choices. and they were pretty bad.

maybe we will see him next season. maybe we won't.

i

i love how a large portion of Browns fans want to rationalize/justify what Garrett did by using the "Rudolph started it" argument. it's ridiculous.

if situation is reversed and this happened to Baker by someone on the Steelers, all Browns fans would be singing the exact same tune, so please stop with the "Rudolph provoked him/started it/is to blame" takes. they hold no water.

Garrett didn't need to do ANYTHING after he got up off of Rudolph. he could've stopped right there. he didn't. everything that happened after that is all on him. his choices. and they were pretty bad.

maybe we will see him next season. maybe we won't.

gettyimages-1182431280.jpg

RFBIKJNCRBDVDACEG5EPKLQCIQ.jpg

1573799131_10076921+2brawl111519.JPG

Remember when Ju - Ju Smith knocked out Burfict in a game and stood over Burfict, than the following week him and his team mates celebrated after a td. doing an act of Burfict getting knocked out. Karma can be hell sometimes huh Ju - Ju .

JuJu's hit on Burfict was completely legal. It's not his fault Burfict wasn't looking right at him.

Interesting you mention karma since that came after Burfict's blow to the head of AB.

He probably wouldn't have gotten fined/suspended if he didn't stand over him. I don't think anyone disputes that was a bad look

Remember when Ju - Ju Smith knocked out Burfict in a game and stood over Burfict, than the following week him and his team mates celebrated after a td. doing an act of Burfict getting knocked out. Karma can be hell sometimes huh Ju - Ju .
Yeah. I was there. Fantastic hit and one the NFL ad ESPN used to promote

You believe your snapshots prove your point. However the 1st picture Myles is on top of Mason. Why? The hit wasn't late, but you no longer drive the qb to the ground. As was posted on the Browns side, Schobert pulled up. The 2nd picture shows Myles already with the helmet, so I'm not sure what was incriminating on that photo. The 3rd? Yep, stupid of Mason to charge a guy on the field with no helmet, but you don't swing said helmet at the man. I posted on the Browns side what my prediction would be and so far it's on point. Garrett through for the year, Pouncey out 3 games and Rudolph fined.

I am thinking he was less than truthful to team physicians during the recovery process and thought h could suck it up and play.

This was a topic on local radio the day of the game. Not that the Steelers have anyone that would likely supplant Connor as the starter, as he's by far their best back, but the local sports talk guys were wondering if he was coming back too soon to avoid potentially losing his job. When asked about his health I think Connor said something to the effect of "everybody's dinged up, at different levels....just gotta play through pain the rest of the way." It was the same shoulder he re-injured, correct?

This was a topic on local radio the day of the game. Not that the Steelers have anyone that would likely supplant Connor as the starter, as he's by far their best back, but the local sports talk guys were wondering if he was coming back too soon to avoid potentially losing his job. When asked about his health I think Connor said something to the effect of "everybody's dinged up, at different levels....just gotta play through pain the rest of the way." It was the same shoulder he re-injured, correct?
Missing that game would not hurt his PT moving forward. There is no one on the roster who can take it. With that said, with all he has overcome I could see him feeling that way and coming back too soon.

Conner is not better than Jaylen Samuels. But it doesn’t really matter when the OL isn’t creating running lanes

Missing that game would not hurt his PT moving forward. There is no one on the roster who can take it. With that said, with all he has overcome I could see him feeling that way and coming back too soon.

I didn't think it would either as he seems like kind of a "tough guy", in a positive way.

Conner is not better than Jaylen Samuels. But it doesn’t really matter when the OL isn’t creating running lanes

I don't get the first part. From what I've seen of Samuels, not impressed. I also think Connor is more of a JAG and pretty easily replaceable but Pittsburgh hasn't had that bell cow since the drama queen (Lev Bell) decided to take his ball and go home.

As far as the O-Line goes, do they have a suitable backup to fill in for Pouncey. I actually like Villanueva and he's got to be breathing a sign of relief that he doesn't have to block "Whack-A-Mole" in two weeks.