2019 Pittsburgh Steelers

Another ugly win. Defense is playing great. Minkah might be worth a first and a second. Steelers can’t sustain this without some help from their offense. MR not getting any better.

I am not a Steelers fan but damn, however they're doing it, I NEVER saw this run coming.

How good is Minkah Fitzpatrick?

Reverse jinx. He's been doing that for years, hoping that if he says one thing, the opposite will come true. Believe me, he believes Pittsburgh will win Thursday night regardless of his post.

Just like brian thinks players read his nonsense and he will motivate them.

No but I would take John Harbaugh. I think Tomlin's vastly overrated and is the product of the roster he fell into when Cowher left. Reminds me of Mike Hargrove when he was the manager of the Indians. Can win on autopilot.

But I do agree with your comments about him being scooped up in 10 minutes.
Yeah but Mike Hargrove never won a world series. Tomlin has won a Super Bowl.

I am not a Steelers fan but damn, however they're doing it, I NEVER saw this run coming.

How good is Minkah Fitzpatrick?

He was my guy. I thought we could trade down the #4 pick and get Minkah and another solid pick. Denzel is a great asset when he's been healthy, but I love Minkah's game and versatility. He could be a great nickel corner if needed, and maybe the closest thing to Ed Reed we'll see in the next decade.

If there is one thing about the Browns that they are consistent in, is that they are inconsistent. They have the talent to beat any team by multiple scores, and the sloppiness to lose to anyone by multiple scores. This offensive challenged Steeler team wont beat themselves. Usually wins the turnover margin and avoids dumb penalties. They're lind of like the Bills of 2019. Zero guarantees among these two clubs in the next two weeks
Isn't that the sign of a disciplined team? As it was said on this thread that his teams aren't disciplined,

Defense is carrying this team, obviously.

offense can't seem to get out of their own way at times, though, as i'll copy this tweet i read that basically summed it up:

between fumbles, dropped passes, an inability to run the ball and missed blocking assignments, the Steelers offense has certainly not made it easy on a young QB.

not saying Rudolph played great but when you have those type of mistakes, you just can't expect your defense to stop someone EVERY time. i mean, the snap over the head to start the game??? c'mon. just can't have that.

a quick look at the skill players that Rudolph relies on and maybe someone can do some research that I don't have time for, but besides McDonald, are there any skill players (WR/RB/TE) that Rudolph relies on who have been in the league more than 3 years? aren't they all on their 3rd year or younger?

Juju, D Johnson, JW, Samuels, Edmunds, that other rookie RB that just got called up, etc.

this offense is YOUNG. the future is bright. Rudolph will keep improving with game experience.

this team can squeak into the playoffs with a WC at 9-7 and with their defense, could upset someone.

and Minkah is the greatest first round pick they will have in a decade.

Nice to see the defense is playing well
Seems like awhkkr since the defense has been stout.

But the browns luck and season turned vs the bills

Nice to see the defense is playing well
Seems like awhkkr since the defense has been stout.

But the browns luck and season turned vs the bills
I know what you’re doing here but serious question ,do the Browns beat the Steelers twice?

Defense is carrying this team, obviously.

offense can't seem to get out of their own way at times, though, as i'll copy this tweet i read that basically summed it up:

between fumbles, dropped passes, an inability to run the ball and missed blocking assignments, the Steelers offense has certainly not made it easy on a young QB.

not saying Rudolph played great but when you have those type of mistakes, you just can't expect your defense to stop someone EVERY time. i mean, the snap over the head to start the game??? c'mon. just can't have that.

a quick look at the skill players that Rudolph relies on and maybe someone can do some research that I don't have time for, but besides McDonald, are there any skill players (WR/RB/TE) that Rudolph relies on who have been in the league more than 3 years? aren't they all on their 3rd year or younger?

Juju, D Johnson, JW, Samuels, Edmunds, that other rookie RB that just got called up, etc.

this offense is YOUNG. the future is bright. Rudolph will keep improving with game experience.

this team can squeak into the playoffs with a WC at 9-7 and with their defense, could upset someone.

and Minkah is the greatest first round pick they will have in a decade.
Agree the drops are unacceptable. Rudolph’s stats look a lot better without them.

I know what you’re doing here but serious question ,do the Browns beat the Steelers twice?

Highly unlikely. Pittsburgh is hot right now. Their defense is ferocious but I still think Rudolph is hot garbage. Cleveland might get this one coming up Thursday night but there's always the fear that they get "Freddie'd" There's no bigger rivalry in sports than Freddie Kitchens and the 1 yard line.

Highly unlikely. Pittsburgh is hot right now. Their defense is ferocious but I still think Rudolph is hot garbage. Cleveland might get this one coming up Thursday night but there's always the fear that they get "Freddie'd" There's no bigger rivalry in sports than Freddie Kitchens and the 1 yard line.

haha. that whole sequence of like 9 plays from the 1 yard line was brutal.

He was my guy. I thought we could trade down the #4 pick and get Minkah and another solid pick. Denzel is a great asset when he's been healthy, but I love Minkah's game and versatility. He could be a great nickel corner if needed, and maybe the closest thing to Ed Reed we'll see in the next decade.

I don't know what happened from the end of the season up to the draft, but I was shocked he slid to Miami at 11. The other guy I very much liked was Tremaine Edwards who slid down to 16.

Bballer05
I think they tried to go veteran by getting Donte Moncrief. But they dropped him like a bad sitcom and we have nothing but youngsters.

If two years ago you told any steelers fan that they would no longer have AB, Bell and BR was hurt week one and they were 5-4 they would have called you a jagoff.

MT has done a fine job this year.

MT has managed to slip and stumble into 5-4. This team is winning in spite of his stupidity. The game last night made that crystal clear

MT has managed to slip and stumble into 5-4. This team is winning in spite of his stupidity. The game last night made that crystal clear

because they won again? they are 5-4. the 4 losses have come against teams who have a combined record of 31-6. 3 of the 4 losses came by a combined 9 points, one in OT. and pretty much all of it without their HOF QB.

i realize that it just pains you to admit that Tomlin actually CAN coach. this season alone shows how much better he's actually getting. he's above .500 with a backup QB, a bunch of young skills players, and finally a defense that has taken him a few years to build up and coach into an elite defense.

can't wait until Tomlin wins us another Super Bowl (not this year), but i'm sure we will all come on here and read Cru saying "he did it in spite of........." or "he got lucky because........" or "well he just had really good players........."

there's no debating that Tomlin has done an outstanding job with this group and if he manages to get them to the playoffs it will be his best coaching job yet. that would seem to point to him actually getting BETTER as a coach, right?

nevermind. don't answer. there's no changing your mind on him. we could win back to back to back Super Bowl's and Cru would still want Tomlin fired.

Blah blah blah. Anyone watching that game Sunday could see clear as day the Steelers are not at all well coached. Poor discipline, poor game management, poor play calling, etc. - all the hallmarks of the Tomlin era - were there in spades.

He’s lucky McVay is obsessed with Goff. Gurley was getting 6 YPA yet only got 12 carries. Bump that up to 25 and he probably wins by 10.

Lot's of Buff video rolling in the Pittspuke D-line room.......

Blah blah blah. Anyone watching that game Sunday could see clear as day the Steelers are not at all well coached. Poor discipline, poor game management, poor play calling, etc. - all the hallmarks of the Tomlin era - were there in spades.

He’s lucky McVay is obsessed with Goff. Gurley was getting 6 YPA yet only got 12 carries. Bump that up to 25 and he probably wins by 10.

and if we don't snap the ball over our QB's head on the first drive for a DEF score then maybe we win by 10. but if "if's and but's were candy and nuts"

i love the "poor play calling". i saw one, which was calling play action in your own endzone, that was a bad call. otherwise they moved the ball pretty well. turning it over doesn't help at all. but go ahead and sit home on your couch and keep thinking you know exactly what play to call, when to call it, and you could get this team to execute it perfectly every time, because that's basically the type of fan you are - 20/20 hindsight, monday morning quarterback from your couch - you have all the answers....................after a play doesn't work.

and you distort the facts with your stats on Gurley. he had a 22 yd run. take that away and he's 11 for 51 at a 4.6 yd avg. that's not shredding the defense. Steelers have shown that you can't just line up and run at them at will. they are only giving up 3.9 yards per carry for the season.

like i said, doesn't matter what the Steelers do. we could win the Super Bowl with this team this season and you would still want Tomlin fired. it's absurd.

Who is going to be more challenged by the short week - Tomlin or Fat Fred ?
Tomlin has had a lot more experience dealing with short weeks then anyone except perhaps Belechik .
When you win the networks schedule and switch games to odd days and times.

I think that the steelers will be more challenged on the short week. Being a division game you can go back on your experience from last year.

Cleveland has a HUGE advantage in addition to their talent and what they can do from last year and the steelers have to somehow game plan against all those weapons.

On the other hand, The steelers offense is a shell of itself, losing so much of its talent from last year that the Cllevelllland Browwwns should be easily able to gameplan against that horrendous mess.