2019 Pittsburgh Steelers

And many heap praise on him and avoid scrutinizing him because he’s black. But I don’t care about that. My issues with him have nothing to do with his skin color
Was not pointing at you about that, just in general. As someone who has been to alot of games, former season ticket holder and a long time fan I know many who take his race into account in a negative way. Does it go the other way, maybe to some

Let's not forget this...2-4 with our third QB, losing a HOF QB, a generational wr and RB and a few dead misses and a frqnxhise like Cleveland whom has SB aspirations and are looking like a dumpster fire, as to kill them to be tied wirh us ha.

I’ve never meet a Steeler fan who disliked him because he’s black. Who do you hang out with? If anything he comes across as a very nice approachable guy.

The area I live in is infested with Steeler fans and I've often heard the phrase "token hire" when referring to Tomlin.

The area I live in is infested with Steeler fans and I've often heard the phrase "token hire" when referring to Tomlin.
I have heard many, many times at games and from Steelers fans. I can only think of one guy I know who feels that way but ya hear it alot over the years when he makes dumb decisions or is lackadaisical on discipline.

Ok, 12 posts since the game and not 1 mention of the game. And since the recent topic has been about MT, let me hear y'all. Rooney rule, token hire, usually come up after a loss. The Steelers had a victory where 5 of the 6 'experts' on NBC said the chargers were gonna win. Injuries abound, 3rd string rb and qb, and won on the road. Well, Heinz field west. No praise for MT? Or is he only to blame for losses and the coordinators get the glory for a win? Rivers ineffective for 3 quarters, Joey Bosa turned into a ghost and Chargers running game non existant.
But hey, I'm just a Mike Tomlin apologist because we share the same hue ( no pun intended Browns fans)

Both teams playing with a lot of injuries. Weird game. Not going to seesaw with wins and losses. A mediocre coach is what he is.

Steelers did what they needed to do. They seemed well prepared And ready to play. I’ve got nothing against Tomlin but would like to see this every week. I think they have looked ready to
Play in every game sans Patriots there has been a lot to overcome (including turnovers and red zone issues) which are mostly on the players.

Cru, Thanks for answering my question.
Some facts about Mike Tomlin:
1. Won Super Bowl at age 36 - Might of had some of Cowher's staff and personnel but still hard to coach players older than you and be respected by older staff at the same time and win a Super Bowl! That's a skill.
2. He's over .500 for his career in postseason - 8-7
3. 64% career winning percentage - Name all the active coaches not named Bill Belicheck that has a higher winning percentage.
4. He's been at Pittsburgh 13 years 11 winning seasons other 2 seasons 8-8.
5. 2 Super Bowl appearances - The second appearance was with HIS personnel with HIS mentality.
6. Never finished last in AFC North - TRADITIONALLY(not 2019) one of the toughest divisions in the NFL.
7. .500+ career record in first 10 years 127-70 overall.

I think he's done a great job in his 13 years managing that lockerroom even with Antonio Brown. He contained him as well and as long as he could. He(Brown) didn't just become a lunatic.
Tomlin is very professional on and off the field, very accountable, doesn't make excuses, extremely articulate and well spoken, and appears to be as an impressionable a person you want to meet.
He would be first in line in anyone's organization to be Head Coach.
I respect your opinion but I also think your extremely prejudice of him. What more could any coach with that resume do? That's just his accomplishments in Pittsburgh.

1. Won Super Bowl at age 36 - Might of had some of Cowher's staff and personnel but still hard to coach players older than you and be respected by older staff at the same time and win a Super Bowl! That's a skill.
3. 64% career winning percentage - Name all the active coaches not named Bill Belicheck that has a higher winning percentage.
5. 2 Super Bowl appearances - The second appearance was with HIS personnel with HIS mentality.
6. Never finished last in AFC North - TRADITIONALLY(not 2019) one of the toughest divisions in the NFL.

I think he's done a great job in his 13 years managing that lockerroom even with Antonio Brown. He contained him as well and as long as he could. He(Brown) didn't just become a lunatic.
Tomlin is very professional on and off the field, very accountable, doesn't make excuses, extremely articulate and well spoken, and appears to be as an impressionable a person you want to meet.
I respect your opinion but I also think your extremely prejudice of him. What more could any coach with that resume do? That's just his accomplishments in Pittsburgh.
Agree with much of it, but not about AB.

I believe MT let the AB thing fester on and allowed it, and you know what you say, if you permit it, you endorse it, and by the time MT wanted to reign in AB it was too late.

I have always supported him, been called a MT apologist, and no coach will ever satisfy all.
Many would say 'he needs to be more like Cowher' when it came to yelling, discipline, etc, but if you look at it I think MTs career has been better than Cowher, or close to it.
Living through the Cowher years he had his detractors as well in that he couldn't win the big game. With that said, if you tell me the next steelers coach will go to 2 SB's, win 1, and have that record in the next 13 years I am all for it.

I do think though it MAY be time for a change. A lot really does hinge on how this team reacts. Two wins by smoke and mirrors and the defense is playing well.
This team finishes .500 or better, he deserves to stick around.

All this ignores the fact he’s not a good coach and his success is due to walking into an ideal situation. Anyone with half a football mind can win in the right situation. Brian Billick and John Gruden of all people have won playoff games and the Super Bowl. It’s not a mark in and of itself of a great HC.

He hasn’t done anything noteworthy since the Cowher-era staff and players left other than create a legacy of turmoil and underachieving. Get off his sack

I believe MT let the AB thing fester on and allowed it, and you know what you say, if you permit it, you endorse it, and by the time MT wanted to reign in AB it was too late.

I have always supported him, been called a MT apologist, and no coach will ever satisfy all.
Many would say 'he needs to be more like Cowher' when it came to yelling, discipline, etc, but if you look at it I think MTs career has been better than Cowher, or close to it.
Living through the Cowher years he had his detractors as well in that he couldn't win the big game. With that said, if you tell me the next steelers coach will go to 2 SB's, win 1, and have that record in the next 13 years I am all for it.

I do think though it MAY be time for a change. A lot really does hinge on how this team reacts. Two wins by smoke and mirrors and the defense is playing well.
Fair Enough!

All this ignores the fact he’s not a good coach and his success is due to walking into an ideal situation. Anyone with half a football mind can win in the right situation. Brian Billick and John Gruden of all people have won playoff games and the Super Bowl. It’s not a mark in and of itself of a great HC.

He hasn’t done anything noteworthy since the Cowher-era staff and players left other than create a legacy of turmoil and underachieving. Get off his sack

"NEVER ARGUE WITH A FOOL"

MOMMA

Tomlin would be scooped up in about 10 minutes should the Steelers ever let him go. I’m sure most Browns fans would like to have him right now. That’s not a statement about his coaching ability it’s just reality.

Yeah, that's the thing that always baffles me. People act like Cowher had this great resume. But he and MT resumes are pretty even. And don't forget when Pittsburgh missed the playoffs 3 years in a row people were heated he kept his job. But he proved the Rooneys right in keeping him. The Steelers have had 3 head coaches in the past half century. This isnt the Redskins or Raiders who change coaches like the Cavs change uniforms. The Rooneys stay the course. Unless the bottom falls out, MT will be back in '20.

Tomlin would be scooped up in about 10 minutes should the Steelers ever let him go. I’m sure most Browns fans would like to have him right now. That’s not a statement about his coaching ability it’s just reality.

No but I would take John Harbaugh. I think Tomlin's vastly overrated and is the product of the roster he fell into when Cowher left. Reminds me of Mike Hargrove when he was the manager of the Indians. Can win on autopilot.

But I do agree with your comments about him being scooped up in 10 minutes.

Been to a couple of MNF Steelers/Bengals in Cincy, but went to my first MNF game in Pittsburgh against the Phins. Seats I get from time to time ruins going to games sitting any place else.

46 yard line.
Home side.
First row of the club seats.
View is amazing, as good or even better than TV as I have a more panaramik view.

Rudolf, terrible early on. Missing guys..awful.

Don't look now, but they are above the browns! But it will only last for a week until we are back even, and 2 weeks until we are below them again.

Been to a couple of MNF Steelers/Bengals in Cincy, but went to my first MNF game in Pittsburgh against the Phins. Seats I get from time to time ruins going to games sitting any place else.

46 yard line.
Home side.
View is amazing, as good or even better than TV as I have a more panaramik view.

Don't look now, but they are above the browns! But it will only last for a week until we are back even, and 2 weeks until we are below them again.
Great seats, never been that close. I think the Steelers split the next two. Browns do also.

46 yard line.
Home side.

If there is one thing about the Browns that they are consistent in, is that they are inconsistent. They have the talent to beat any team by multiple scores, and the sloppiness to lose to anyone by multiple scores. This offensive challenged Steeler team wont beat themselves. Usually wins the turnover margin and avoids dumb penalties. They're lind of like the Bills of 2019. Zero guarantees among these two clubs in the next two weeks

Great seats, never been that close. I think the Steelers split the next two. Browns do also.
Dude. Like in the movie Rudy when his dad describes the view when he gets into the stadium, it is just amazing. I have had them a couple of times before but the first I got to bring my wife and it is just.......well it ruins any other seats! Main reason I got out of my season tickets from the upper deck!.

Colts are playing much better so that is likely a loss.

I don't know of Rudolph just got up to speed after bein hurt and missing a week but early on he was just terrible. The difference early was Miami had an NFL caliber QB, and Steelers didn't. He just wasn't placing the ball where it needed to be and to whom.

Browns schedule sets up nicely for them and the ONLY way they don't make the playoffs is if they implode

Dude. Like in the movie Rudy when his dad describes the view when he gets into the stadium, it is just amazing. I have had them a couple of times before but the first I got to bring my wife and it is just.......well it ruins any other seats! Main reason I got out of my season tickets from the upper deck!.

Colts are playing much better so that is likely a loss.

I don't know of Rudolph just got up to speed after bein hurt and missing a week but early on he was just terrible. The difference early was Miami had an NFL caliber QB, and Steelers didn't. He just wasn't placing the ball where it needed to be and to whom.

Browns schedule sets up nicely for them and the ONLY way they don't make the playoffs is if they implode
I agree Rudolph didn’t look comfortable. He was holding the ball way too long but then maybe no was open , separation seems to be a problem. He did a bit better 2nd half but overall a C-. I just have a feeling they beat the Colts in a close one.
Browns schedule is favorable but I don’t see it. There is something amiss with that team. Coaching, chemistry whatever.

Well that was fortunate. I only got to see the last 12 minutes but that PI call on 3rd 16 was Bs so the gods came thru will the Vinateri miss. Offense has to get better. Not sure it will.

Some bad calls all game-both ways. They got #53 Leonard from Indy with some very questionable PF calls- one at the end of the half putting Pittsburgh in FG range. I cringed when Tomlin threw the red flag TWICE in the late 4th quarter. If Adam hits that FG we need those TOs. Basically this was 2 mediocre teams playing a mediocre game. Someone had to win.

Some bad calls all game-both ways. They got #53 Leonard from Indy with some very questionable PF calls- one at the end of the half putting Pittsburgh in FG range. I cringed when Tomlin threw the red flag TWICE in the late 4th quarter. If Adam hits that FG we need those TOs. Basically this was 2 mediocre teams playing a mediocre game. Someone had to win.
You’re right except Indy was the AFC #2 Seed coming in. I’m not sure how much losing the starter hurt the Colts I don’t know that he would have thrown more than the 3 td passes Hoyer did. I’ll take it one game at a time but I expect the Steelers to finish somewhere around 8-8. If they improve by a game or two maybe fall into a WC. Stranger things have happened. I think this defense can be pretty good.

Yeah, Indy may have been a #2 seed, but all their games have been one possession difference. I'm sure if you broke their games down they could anywhere from undefeated to winless. When it's all said and done I expect Indy to be middle of the pack. Which ain't bad since Luck retired at the 11th hour.
I agree the Steelers D can be pretty decent. Fitzpatrick has really been a playmaker in the secondary. Probably the first one since Polamalu. The media is focusing on Ben out for the season, but the D has had their fair share of serious injuries