2019 Pittsburgh Steelers

Crusaders

I still have a hope of Tomlin being shown the door but it's not looking good.

For the draft, they need to look at defense, specifically ILB, OLB, CB, and FS.

The entire starting offense will be back next season and there's really not much to add unless they think highly of a RB. For depth, I'd like for them to snag Terry McLaurin to replace DHB.

Depth at RB is needed. Look at recent history when Bell was getting hurt late, and Conner this year, and the team starts to struggle a bit.

They have one last gasp next year. I am glad they missed the playoffs as getting in may have enabled the same behavior from coaches, players and the organization as this team wasn't going to win it all.

If they can stay healthy, and the circus leaves town, and they take each week seriously then yeah, they have a chance next year.

When they had Deangelo Williams there wasn't such a drop-off. They probably will replace Ridley with another veteran, but I think Conner and Samuels will be fine. However, if they like a RB in the draft, I wouldn't complain if they drafted him as neither of them are anything special.

The same problems the team has now are the same problems they've had for nearly a decade now. Nothing will change without a coaching change.

When they had Deangelo Williams there wasn't such a drop-off. They probably will replace Ridley with another veteran, but I think Conner and Samuels will be fine. However, if they like a RB in the draft, I wouldn't complain if they drafted him as neither of them are anything special.

The same problems the team has now are the same problems they've had for nearly a decade now. Nothing will change without a coaching change.

Some tout that MT I well liked in the locker room,he is a players coach etc etc etc.

Of course they are going to like him as he lets them run the asylum. This team has too much talent but too little discipline to be a champion

i'm not sure where the all the hate on the running game came from, considering that Lev Bell left them hung out to dry. Conner and Samuels were pretty darn good. i don't know what the rushing offense ranked but i feel like, before Conner was injured, was doing great. adding a veteran RB that doesn't have fumble issues is really all they need, and then draft another one late (after the 4th round). the O-line is solid so the running game should only get better.

i don't know if Butler is going to be shown the door but i'd be fine with that. we know Tomlin isn't going anywhere (although i'd be fine if the powers that be made that move. there's enough HC openings that Tomlin would not be unemployed for long)

this season was simply a culmination of bad coaching, timely turnovers by Ben (and plenty of others), bad special teams, etc. several plays come to mind that really define this season (in no particular order and i'm going from memory)

1. Conner fumbling in 4th quarter vs the Browns
2. Grimble fumbling out of the endzone vs. the Broncos
3. Boswell missed FG to tie the game vs the Raiders
4. Chargers gift TD on a play that should have been a false start
5. Haden's two PI penalties vs the Saints

i'm sure there are plenty of others.

either way, this season was one of the most disappointing in memory, considering the talent on this team.

i'm not sure where the all the hate on the running game came from, considering that Lev Bell left them hung out to dry. Conner and Samuels were pretty darn good. i don't know what the rushing offense ranked but i feel like, before Conner was injured, was doing great. adding a veteran RB that doesn't have fumble issues is really all they need, and then draft another one late (after the 4th round). the O-line is solid so the running game should only get better.

i don't know if Butler is going to be shown the door but i'd be fine with that. we know Tomlin isn't going anywhere (although i'd be fine if the powers that be made that move. there's enough HC openings that Tomlin would not be unemployed for long)

this season was simply a culmination of bad coaching, timely turnovers by Ben (and plenty of others), bad special teams, etc. several plays come to mind that really define this season (in no particular order and i'm going from memory)

1. Conner fumbling in 4th quarter vs the Browns
2. Grimble fumbling out of the endzone vs. the Broncos
3. Boswell missed FG to tie the game vs the Raiders
4. Chargers gift TD on a play that should have been a false start
5. Haden's two PI penalties vs the Saints

i'm sure there are plenty of others.

either way, this season was one of the most disappointing in memory, considering the talent on this team.
All I see is excuses. You are no better than a browns fan.

Penalties don't lose you games.
A missed FG to a team you should be throttling doesn't lose you games.
One fumble out of the EZ against a sub .500 tea doesn't lose you games.
One fumble against the Browns (pre BM) does not lose you games.

If you want to be a browns fan and give excuses and garbage like that, then become a browns fan. "IF ONLY _________ (didn't)did happen we woulda won" is the unofficial browns motto

All I see is excuses. You are no better than a browns fan.

Penalties don't lose you games.
A missed FG to a team you should be throttling doesn't lose you games.
One fumble out of the EZ against a sub .500 tea doesn't lose you games.
One fumble against the Browns (pre BM) does not lose you games.

If you want to be a browns fan and give excuses and garbage like that, then become a browns fan. "IF ONLY _________ (didn't)did happen we woulda won" is the unofficial browns motto

these aren't EXCUSES. they are FACTS. all of those plays happened and all of them contributed to where the Steelers are right now - NOT IN THE PLAYOFFS.

and there were plenty more, as i said, that i missed.

this team was below average in a lot of things and simply didn't do enough to win the games that they should have and everyone is to blame - coaches, players, etc.

they just weren't that good of a football team this year. that's a fact.

You come off as a browns fan when you talk like that.

Just saying.

Coaching staff will be back, maybe a tweak or so, but they need to do a great job in the draft and fix the discipline issue.

Maybe missing out on the playoffs truly is the remedy they need to make a great push for the SB next year.

You come off as a browns fan when you talk like that.

Just saying.

Coaching staff will be back, maybe a tweak or so, but they need to do a great job in the draft and fix the discipline issue.

Maybe missing out on the playoffs truly is the remedy they need to make a great push for the SB next year.

Can a coaching staff that allowed the undisciplined culture to develop fix the issue?

No, you're right. They're excuses meant to deflect responsibility away from where it belongs: the coaches.

They will not sniff a SB as long as this staff is in place. We're officially in Marvin Lewis purgatory.

Can a coaching staff that allowed the undisciplined culture to develop fix the issue?

I think they can since the players are adults and missing the playoffs this year, and how it was been a circus, should concern them as well.

I think missing the playoffs helps them in 2019/20. Sneaking in would keep on enabling the situation.

I believe it can be salvaged with the addition of some more talent on the club.

In making those "excuses/reasons" it sounds so much like browns fans over the years in losses in thinking if they just had fixed that one thing, or that one play was what did them in, just was always laughable because no one knows what the cause-and-effect would be.

It is a way to compartmentalize and give a false sense of belief that it truly was just one play and it gives false hope.

This team isn't that far away. They have a great QB, 2 great WR's, a solid OL, some good TE's and if they can plug some holes and come out ready to play no matter what then this team has a shot.

They have the AFC EAST and NFC West next year along with the Colts and Chargers.

Schedule looks very....solid with only the Bills as an "easy" home game and they go to San Fran, Arizona out west where they don't play well.

Team better be strapped and ready to go becauase if they don't it very well could be a 4-12 team but if they are ready.....11 wins is doable

If they would go something like 4-12, it might get Tomlin fired but Roethlisberger would probably retire. Like I said: purgatory.

If they would go something like 4-12, it might get Tomlin fired but Roethlisberger would probably retire. Like I said: purgatory.

Looking at next year's schedule has me less optimistic than I was a half hour ago.

Garappolo will be back and playing out west is always an issue. Arizona should be easy but again, on the road out west and they haven't done well there.

Hell, I take back my optimism and enter Jim Mora's PLAYOFFS rant.

NFL Network is reporting that Antonio Brown skipped the team walkthrough Saturday and left the Pittsburgh Steelers’ game Sunday against Cincinnati at halftime when he learned he would not be playing. Accoring to the report,
Brown did not practice the entire week leading up to the Steelers’ regular-season finale against the Bengals. It was reported that Brown and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a “little bit of a disgreement” during the Wednesday walkthrough, which occurred prior to the first practice of the week.

Nice. This may work out as well as the Bell situation.

If they can get a 2nd for AB, I'd take it. JuJu and Washington seem pretty good. Need to get rid of the locker room cancers.

Lots of interest in Mike Munchak and deservedly so. Losing him would hurt quite a bit. The OL under him has been very good.

NFL Network is reporting that Antonio Brown skipped the team walkthrough Saturday and left the Pittsburgh Steelers’ game Sunday against Cincinnati at halftime when he learned he would not be playing. Accoring to the report,
Brown did not practice the entire week leading up to the Steelers’ regular-season finale against the Bengals. It was reported that Brown and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger had a “little bit of a disgreement” during the Wednesday walkthrough, which occurred prior to the first practice of the week.

Nice. This may work out as well as the Bell situation.
When I read that yesterday I switched gears and now believe MT has to go.

He has created a culture without discipline, and his coverup and allowing this to get to this spot is unacceptable.

What is it with WRs and being primadonna's?

Anyone hear Ryan Clark's comments about AB? Very scathing. Long story short, he blasts AB as someone teammates cannot count on. He skips appearances he promised to attend, is routinely late on on his schedule, wont follow through with events that he had already agreed to.

If you can find the audio, check it out

20 MILLION dollar cap hit if he is traded.
They will work their things out. AB has to realize if he would get traded, it isnt going to be to anyone who is very good.

How can you keep AB around without hurting the team chemistry? Assuming he's moved along, how do you win after losing your best two players in a year?

Damn, the Steelers have been stable for so long. Maybe they were just overdue for some turmoil.

How can you keep AB around without hurting the team chemistry? Assuming he's moved along, how do you win after losing your best two players in a year?

Damn, the Steelers have been stable for so long. Maybe they were just overdue for some turmoil.

Time.

Time will heal this wound.

And the realization if AB really wants a SB it can happen with Pitt because where they would trade him wouldn't be sniffing one for awhile.

Maybe AB and LB will end up in Cleveland with Bilicheck.

Time.

And the realization if AB really wants a SB it can happen with Pitt because where they would trade him wouldn't be sniffing one for awhile.

I don't think AB cares about a SB as much as Roethlisberger does.

For as much as I can't stand him, and the fact he's a meathead, he does seem to be one of the more level headed ones out of that group, that includes Tomlin.

Roethlisberger's biggest issue is that he has a habit of publicly throwing teammates under the bus. Many times it's probably warranted but you keep that crap in house. That, along with their internal MVP vote, is probably what got AB all salty.

Time.

I'd think it would heal if it was a one time thing, but it has become a festering wound. He pulled the garbage all year. Compound that with his ego and JuJu's development and it gets eve worse. In the end, I don't think there's any way of getting him back in the stable. He'll be even worse when he sees Bell get $18 to $20 million per year elsewhere.

I don't think AB cares about a SB as much as Roethlisberger does.

For as much as I can't stand him, and the fact he's a meathead, he does seem to be one of the more level headed ones out of that group, that includes Tomlin.

Roethlisberger's biggest issue is that he has a habit of publicly throwing teammates under the bus. Many times it's probably warranted but you keep that crap in house. That, along with their internal MVP vote, is probably what got AB all salty.

AB has won it in the past, but yeah I think he needed to look in the mirror to see why he didnt get it. Talented as hell, but not a good teammate.

About BR publicly calling out AB at times. I got on good regard that BR had, in the past, kept things in house and it didnt work, but one time when it slipped out and it got public AB got the point. Maybe that is the only way it gets through AB's thick skull, who knows.

Check out Ryan Clarks comments on AB< seems like he is a piss poor team mate off the field

I'd think it would heal if it was a one time thing, but it has become a festering wound. He pulled the garbage all year. Compound that with his ego and JuJu's development and it gets eve worse. In the end, I don't think there's any way of getting him back in the stable. He'll be even worse when he sees Bell get $18 to $20 million per year elsewhere.

We need Lev Bell to not get that sort of money. If he does, it will only enable AB behavior

I don't think he or Bell realize they won't be as productive on other teams. I don't think they are quite system players, but I don't see them as dominant in other settings. Those are a couple of egos that got out of control.

On the other hand, I like JuJu. Just seems like a happy kid who plays hard and his teammates apparently like him. The clips of him trick or treating in his actual Steelers uni are hilarious.

I don't think he or Bell realize they won't be as productive on other teams. I don't think they are quite system players, but I don't see them as dominant in other settings. Those are a couple of egos that got out of control.

On the other hand, I like JuJu. Just seems like a happy kid who plays hard and his teammates apparently like him. The clips of him trick or treating in his actual Steelers uni are hilarious.

I've taken for making this comment previously but I think JuJu could end up better. Dude has OBJ-like freaky athleticism.

And it sounds like AB wants traded to the Niners.

BR looked lost Sunday against the Bengals with out Brown. I think it would be a big lost for the Steelers if they lose Brown. WR's in the NFL are more important than running backs.

The cap hit situation makes trading AB a bit tricky. I doubt we see it unless they can swing a very specific deal that wouldn't leave them with $20m in dead money.