2019 Pittsburgh Steelers

Crusaders “facts” are he doesn’t think Tomlin manages games well or prepares his team. Lol.

Tomlin doesn't prepare his team well? wonder when the last time Cru spent a week at Steelers practices/positional meetings/etc leading up to a game to make this statement.

i'm gonna go out on a limb and guess...................NEVER.

Right. Let's compare Mike Tomlin, who is of a coaching skill akin to Freddie Kitchens, to Bill Belichick. Lol.

The facts of the Steelers schedule and Fitzpatrick remain. You don't get to ignore them just because you thought you had ammunition against the naysayers. Pointing to record just makes you look like some cheap drive-by analyst.

i'm fine comparing him to Belichick. at least Tomlin hasn't had to cheat to be successful.

your problem is this - it doesn't matter that he's actually beaten the teams they're SUPPOSED to beat this season because that's the exact same argument you've used against him in the past - that sometimes they play "down" to their competition and lose a game that they shouldn't. they're not doing that this year. and they have losses of 2 pts, 4 points, and 3 pts (in OT) to 3 of the best teams in the league. and they've done it with a DEPLETED offense. don't try and "pump up" this offense like it's the 2nd coming of the Rams and should be able to put up a whole bunch of points. you know that's not how the league works. losing Ben, Juju, Conner, Pouncey, etc have an effect and the Steelers D has stepped up and kept them in games knowing full well that the offense is basically a JV/practice squad offense. talented or not, rookies and practice squad guys don't just step into an offense as "awesome", no matter how "talented" you think they are.

i realize it's hard for you to give credit to Tomlin. you're simply unwilling to admit that he's one of the best coaches in the league. the fact that this team even has a CHANCE to make the playoffs is unreal.

Right. Let's compare Mike Tomlin, who is of a coaching skill akin to Freddie Kitchens, to Bill Belichick. Lol.

The facts of the Steelers schedule and Fitzpatrick remain. You don't get to ignore them just because you thought you had ammunition against the naysayers. Pointing to record just makes you look like some cheap drive-by analyst.
It’s definitely moronic to compare a coach with Tomlin’s w/l record to Kitchens than to Belichick. No surprised you jumped in with both feet on that one. Lol.

Now the criticism is Pittsburgh is only beating bad teams. But the criticism prior was Pittsburgh lost inexplicably to bad teams in the past. Which is it? Cant haven't both ways.
And there are a WHOLE lot more injuries than the aforementioned names. Sean Davis. Tuitt. Samuels and Snell have missed games. Practice squad guys like Whyte and Cain playing significant minutes. Modifying the stagnant offense by utilizing Samuel's in the wildcat at times. You say Minkah was 'gifted'. Do you think Tomlin has any input on acquisitions? Ill bet he has a voice at the table. Tomlin ain't Belicheck but he'll outcoached Freddy 8 days a week (which ain't saying much). If Freddy had this team their record would be -1 and 14
Yeah, the Bill's and Jets game will be toss ups. I think the Ravens will still be playing to clinch the 1 seed week 17. And if they do have it sewn up I dont see them sitting guys. Unless Lamar hamstring is still nagging. This is not some veteran team that needs rest and is playoff tested. The Ravens are a young bunch that Harbaugh will want to keep them sharp. The only team I can see resting will be New England if they have the 3 seed. Veteran group who can take work 17 off and will play the 6th seed next week.

No, the knock wasn’t that he always not to bad teams, the knock was he would frequently lose games he should win or have inexplicably close games with bottomfeeders while sporting one of the best rosters in the league.

Tomlin played Kitchens twice this season and both games it was a match of which coach could out-stupid the other. They’re practically the same coach. Same lack of discipline; same disorganized, wild play; same poor in-game decisions; same poor preparation.

Sean Davis blows and was replaced by Minkah Fitzpatrick.

Whyte and Cain are improvements. Conner and Switzer/Holten were really bad.

Tuitt and Roethlisberger are the major injuries, but every team suffers injuries. You don’t get a pass for it, especially when you have a ton of talent on the field.

The problems this year have been mostly coaching-related. An OL that somehow went from tops in the league to being unable to block anyone. Poor play-calling - like using the wildcat in 2019 or running play-action at their own 1 or inexplicable 4th down gambles, amongst many other. Poor time management, a mainstay of the Tomlin era. Weak personnel decisions, like using Ryan Switzer as the permanent returnman or not running with the hot RB, or sticking with Rudolph even though Duck was noticeably better.

People want to give Tomlin credit for things without really examining anything. It’s just a blanket glance and 10 cent analysis.

and amidst all those things, the Steelers are still 8-5. don't forget Juju being out, Pouncey missing 2 games (i think they won both of those. nothing to do with coaching, though, when you lose your starting pro-bowl center)

Wildcat actually was a huge reason that Steelers beat the Bengals the first time they played them, so using it at times has helped and actually worked.

you can nit-pick all you want at some of those other things because that's just in your nature - find ANY mistake that Tomlin makes in the heat of the moment and of course you would have made opposite decision from what he did and it would have worked every time.

doesn't change the fact that he has a team that lost it's HOF QB in the 2nd game, started 0-3, and is now 8-2 since that time and has them with a chance to make the playoffs. find me ONE other team who lost as much as the Steelers have lost this season, especially in regards to the offensive side, and is in the playoff hunt.

Lol, they’re 8-5 because Tomlin was still able to beat other NFL teams with a very short handed roster. That actually covers why.

Last edited:
and amidst all those things, the Steelers are still 8-5. don't forget Juju being out, Pouncey missing 2 games (i think they won both of those. nothing to do with coaching, though, when you lose your starting pro-bowl center)

Wildcat actually was a huge reason that Steelers beat the Bengals the first time they played them, so using it at times has helped and actually worked.

you can nit-pick all you want at some of those other things because that's just in your nature - find ANY mistake that Tomlin makes in the heat of the moment and of course you would have made opposite decision from what he did and it would have worked every time.

doesn't change the fact that he has a team that lost it's HOF QB in the 2nd game, started 0-3, and is now 8-2 since that time and has them with a chance to make the playoffs. find me ONE other team who lost as much as the Steelers have lost this season, especially in regards to the offensive side, and is in the playoff hunt.
He can’t argue this because he just doesn’t like Tomlin and refuses to change his opinion or give credit despite clear evidence of facts that this Steeler team has overachieved despite its depleted roster.

I didn't argue it? I addressed it multiple times ?

This line of reasoning is based on the assumption that the team lacked depth, and it is wrong. He doesn't have a depleted roster. The only guy missing from last season is Antonio Brown, and they added a lot of talent on defense.

The offense has plenty of weapons and the OL personnel is top notch, yet it looked like even when Ben was healthy.

They're 8-2 in their last 10 because they've played the league's worst teams.

People are simply fishing for reasons to praise Tomlin and will ignore everything to avoid admitting the truth: he's not that good.

Last edited:
I didn't argue it? I addressed it multiple times ?

This line of reasoning is based on the assumption that the team lacked depth, and it is wrong. He doesn't have a depleted roster. The only guy missing from last season is Antonio Brown, and they added a lot of talent on defense.

The offense has plenty of weapons and the OL personnel is top notch, yet it looked like even when Ben was healthy.

They're 8-2 in their last 10 because they've played the league's worst teams.

People are simply fishing for reasons to praise Tomlin and will ignore everything to avoid admitting the truth: he's not that good.
Seems like he’s been missing a lot more than Brown. Clearly. ?

Brown is the only significant player lost from lost season. Clearly. ?

The offense looked horrible with Roethlisberger, Conner, and JuJu all healthy, so I'm not buying anything about injuries being the problem for the offense. I'm sure you will because you're just here to troll and are also a moron, but that's the truth.

So, again. Tomlin does not have a depleted roster. The only way he's able to make a unit function is to have an absurd amount of talent out there to run around and make individual plays, because he can't scheme worth a damn.

Not many teams get.to 8-6 with is basically their 4th string QB, losing their all pro wr to idiocy and then their new top we to injury, a generational RB sits out and leaves and his replacement gets hurt..........

Fact is, for those who didn't like MT before they will give excuses for the success but would be all over his sac if they bombed.

I was never a MT apologist but in a season like this how can you not give him credit if you are of sound mind?

The offense has been terrible. Averaging about 17 points a game. It's not the reason they're winning. I give a lot of credit to Kevin Colbert for bringing in Joe Haden, Steven Nelson, and Minkah Fitzpatrick is make up for Tomlin's DB busts, and also moving up to get Devin Bush as a replacement for Shazier.

Last edited:

The offense looked horrible with Roethlisberger, Conner, and JuJu all healthy, so I'm not buying anything about injuries being the problem for the offense. I'm sure you will because you're just here to troll and are also a moron, but that's the truth.

So, again. Tomlin does not have a depleted roster. The only way he's able to make a unit function is to have an absurd amount of talent out there to run around and make individual plays, because he can't scheme worth a damn.

if this is the statement that you're going to use to base your argument off of, then there simply isn't any real reason to continue this debate, because you have no idea what you're talking about. i can't imagine someone being so irrational, ignorant, and close-minded to be able to actually use this as a basis for anything regarding the Steelers and Tomlin's ability to coach. it's just insane. it makes no sense.

i'm sorry, Cru, but you have lost it. seriously lost it.

Haha, okay. My mistake. Good grief.

The offense has been terrible. Averaging about 17 points a game. It's not the reason they're winning. I give a lot of credit to Kevin Colbert for bringing in Joe Haden, Steven Nelson, and Minkah Fitzpatrick is make up for Tomlin's DB busts, and also moving up to get Devin Bush as a replacement for Shazier.
I like how bad personnel decisions are attributed to Tomlin and positive ones are attributed to the GM. Brian-level. Lol.

I like how bad personnel decisions are attributed to Tomlin and positive ones are attributed to the GM. Brian-level. Lol.

i was going to point this out as well. he acts like any draft pick/trade that was a so-called "bust" was all on Tomlin's inability to evaluate/develop talent and any draft pick/trade that worked was ALL Colbert. it's laughable.

It’s pretty funny to watch someone irrationally rant and use his personal opinion as fact. Pretty similar to 14red dismissing all statistics and facts in favor of his “eyeball test”. It’s even better with crusaders because he gets belligerent like calling me a moron for suggesting the Steelers offensive roster has been depleted of talent, which it clearly has been by any measure.

It’s pretty funny to watch someone irrationally rant and use his personal opinion as fact. Pretty similar to 14red dismissing all statistics and facts in favor of his “eyeball test”. It’s even better with crusaders because he gets belligerent like calling me a moron for suggesting the Steelers offensive roster has been depleted of talent, which it clearly has been by any measure.

It hasn’t by any measure other than through a “Tomlin is a good coach“ lense

I call you a moron because you are. This is speaking from years of your trolling and lack of perceptiveness

if this is the statement that you're going to use to base your argument off of, then there simply isn't any real reason to continue this debate, because you have no idea what you're talking about. i can't imagine someone being so irrational, ignorant, and close-minded to be able to actually use this as a basis for anything regarding the Steelers and Tomlin's ability to coach. it's just insane. it makes no sense.

i'm sorry, Cru, but you have lost it. seriously lost it.

Do you have an actual argument or are you just going to throw a fit?

It hasn’t by any measure other than through a “Tomlin is a good coach“ lense

I call you a moron because you are. This is speaking from years of your trolling and lack of perceptiveness
Maybe I do lack perceptiveness, but not on this matter. It’s pretty clear you’re wrong.

not really sure how i "threw a fit" there. i was calmly typing, using rational thoughts, and didn't yell/cry/scream or throw one thing when i posted it.

and i think i proved my point while doing it.

but, oh well.

Ok, I think we've beaten the MT 'is he or isn't he' upside the head for awhile. How about the upcoming game
I think the Steelers and the bills are mirror images. Tough D, pedestrian O. Both somewhat surprisingly in playoff contention. I think the switch to 8pm start will put the Steelers over the top. They do well primetime at home. No prediction on scores, but I'd take the under, whatever it is

Ok, I think we've beaten the MT 'is he or isn't he' upside the head for awhile. How about the upcoming game
I think the Steelers and the bills are mirror images. Tough D, pedestrian O. Both somewhat surprisingly in playoff contention. I think the switch to 8pm start will put the Steelers over the top. They do well primetime at home. No prediction on scores, but I'd take the under, whatever it is

Yeah, I expect a close, low scoring game. Will probably look similar to the Rams game