2019 OHSAA Last Man Standing (Week 14)

Sykotyk

A turbulent week for the competition. No less than three incorrect picks have knocked out participants. And one participant didn't enter picks at all, and are also out.

First, HE74 picked Perry over Poland, NEOsportsfan09 picked Mogadore over Springfield, and PeterDragon picked Colerain over Elder. All three are out.

Secondly, Jaws31 failed to submit a pick at all. And therefore, are out.

Because of that, only one participant is going out on points, and it requires a tie-breaker.

theterribletowel picked two games. The worst pick was La Salle over Harrison by 21. Which was 16 off. The best pick was Kirtland by 22. They won by 25. Only 3 off.

YODA14 picked two games. The worst pick was also La Salle over Harrison by 21. Which was also off by 16. The best pick was Toledo Central Catholic over Olentangy, by 17. They won by 21. Off by 4.

And with that, YODA14 is eliminated on points.

The Lucky Duck of the Week award, of course, goes to theterribletowel.

On the far end of the spectrum, iwasthatguy had the best individual pick, getting the TCC-Olentangy game off by only 2 points. Which automatically secured him into the next round. Though his worst pick was only 7 points off and would've kept him in either way.

Code:
Result    Pick    Margin    
INC    INC    INC    HE74
INC    INC    INC    NEOsportsfan09
INC    INC    INC    PeterDragon
DNP    DNP    DNP    Jaws31
16    21    37    YODA14
-----------------------------
16    21    37    theterribletowel
15    20    35    TroyTrojan05
14    21    35    a_td
10    15    25    Qwertyqwerty
4    21    25    ReadyKnightsFan
2    23    21    iwasthatguy

We have only six participants heading into the semifinal round. With that, here's the rules:

No matter what, we're having at least three participants advance to the final round. So, in the event there's three incorrect picks, everyone that picks the winner in both of their games advance. If MORE THAN three pick wrong, we're going to tie-break the incorrect pickers by their second pick.

I'm also changing up the submission requirement.

You can make one pick by 7pm Friday for both games. You can make one pick by 7pm Saturday for just the Saturday games. OR, you can pick one game by 7pm Friday for a Friday game and then make your second pick by 7pm on Saturday for a Saturday. This will let you know what you need to do to have a chance to advance. It's up to you.

And remember, the 'best pick advances' still applies. So even if you get a game wrong, if your other pick is the best overall pick (or tied for best overall pick) of the weekend, you're into the finals no matter what.

Good luck everyone.

I want to thank Sykotyk for running this contest again. Last year was the first time I participated in it and I got through Week 10, before my pick of West Branch beating Salem was wrong. This year, I got through Week 13, and again, it was a school with their main color, green, that ended up being my kryptonite. Hopefully next season I can make it to Week 15. Or perhaps, I'll get unlucky and get eliminated after Week 1 :LOL: .

Again, thanks to Sykotyk for all the time to run this contest. Good luck to all remaining!

Wanted to say thanks as well. My first year participating and had a blast looking forward to this thread every week. Good luck everyone!

I want to thank Sykotyk for running this contest again. Last year was the first time I participated in it and I got through Week 10, before my pick of West Branch beating Salem was wrong. This year, I got through Week 13, and again, it was a school with their main color, green, that ended up being my kryptonite. Hopefully next season I can make it to Week 15. Or perhaps, I'll get unlucky and get eliminated after Week 1 :LOL: .

Again, thanks to Sykotyk for all the time to run this contest. Good luck to all remaining!

Wanted to say thanks as well. My first year participating and had a blast looking forward to this thread every week. Good luck everyone!

Thanks.

It's fun running it and am glad this current format is popular. Unlike the more traditional last Man Standing contests where you pick a team and can't pick them again, which i tried the first two years with some modifications, I really like the use of margins and am glad it's been well received the past two years.

I fully intend to run it again next year as well.