2019 NFL Fantasy Football Talk

I would be really worried about Elliot after the Cowboys extended Jaylon Smith. The pie is shrinking, both Prescott and Cooper want to get paid too. Personally, I take my chances and let Prescott walk. I think you could plug in any “Game Mgr” at QB with Elliot, Cooper, the OL and they win.

Jerry claims he's offered all three top 5 money. I think Zeke is the only one worthy of that. Dak and Cooper should take the money ASAP. I can think of 10 to 15 receivers off of the top of my head before Cooper and Dak is woefully average.

I would be really worried about Elliot after the Cowboys extended Jaylon Smith. The pie is shrinking, both Prescott and Cooper want to get paid too. Personally, I take my chances and let Prescott walk. I think you could plug in any “Game Mgr” at QB with Elliot, Cooper, the OL and they win.

I agree. I think we've seen the best of Prescott. I get the feeling this holdout with Elliott is just another "wait until camp is over" and then report and workout the next deal now that I'm in camp.

I did do the same with Bell last year and it burned me. I thought he'd report too. Fortunately, I grabbed Connor and he was a key part of my team.

Michael Thomas wr NO
I could be looking at James Conner, Le Bell ( risk) Joe Nixon or Todd Gurley maybe Chubb ..Running Backs
or maybe De Hokins, Davante Adams , Jukio Jones, Odell TYreek Hill and JuJU Smith
Why Michael Thomas?
What then just go recievers and or QB ????

T
Michael Thomas wr NO
I could be looking at James Conner, Le Bell ( risk) Joe Nixon or Todd Gurley maybe Chubb ..Running Backs
or maybe De Hokins, Davante Adams , Jukio Jones, Odell TYreek Hill and JuJU Smith
Why Michael Thomas?
What then just go recievers and or QB ????

Thomas bc he’s NO’s only big play WR, and they throw the ball a lot.

Drafting 7th (of 12) tonight in the first of my drafts. Hoping to land Gurley. Are there any WRs (or other RBs) I should consider if he is (surprisingly) gone at 7?

Drafting 7th (of 12) tonight in the first of my drafts. Hoping to land Gurley. Are there any WRs (or other RBs) I should consider if he is (surprisingly) gone at 7?

In another league I'm in ($40.00 buy in ) I was just informed that it now a 14 team league( never played in any league over 10) and I picking 5th.
I will be looking for Christian McCarathy, Dave Johnson, Da Hopkins or Michael Thomas

I'm staying away fro Gurley and Chubb, LeV Bell

I will be looking for (3) RB and (4) WR and in a 14 team league Im looking at 2 QB ....

In another league I'm in ($40.00 buy in ) I was just informed that it now a 14 team league( never played in any league over 10) and I picking 5th.
I will be looking for Christian McCarathy, Dave Johnson, Da Hopkins or Michael Thomas

I'm staying away fro Gurley and Chubb, LeV Bell

I will be looking for (3) RB and (4) WR and in a 14 team league Im looking at 2 QB ....

No way McCaffrey gets to you at 5. If you think Zeke will be back he's a worthwhile pick there.

Is that a 10 team league?
My ten team league is drafting Sept 2.

Yes, 10 team league. We can also carry over two players we drafted in the 10th round or later. That took Chubb, Conner and Mahomes off of the table impacting the 1st two rounds.

Picking my team now. I have the #1 slot and picked Barkley. Now have to wait until 24/25 for my next picks.

I have to go QB/WR for my next round. Thinking going both for WR and hoping to find a QB in a later round.

I'm hoping Gurley is healthy again. Kittle looks like he's tough to replace for points.

I saw something that talked about owners having Kelce, Ertz or Kittle winning a very high percentage of the leagues due to the point advantages of them over the remaining TE's. I took Ertz with the first pick of the 3rd in a 10 team league.

I might have gambled and won. I had the first pick and took the obvious choice, Saquan Barkley. When the snake came back to me, I took a risk and drafted Melvin Gordon. If reports are true, he's going to play out his rookie deal and end his holdout. I am just hoping he comes in very motivated to get that big contract when he enters free agency next year.

I might have gambled and won. I had the first pick and took the obvious choice, Saquan Barkley. When the snake came back to me, I took a risk and drafted Melvin Gordon. If reports are true, he's going to play out his rookie deal and end his holdout. I am just hoping he comes in very motivated to get that big contract when he enters free agency next year.

I did the same exact thing and was excited about it. Now that I hear you did it I am not so sure! LOL.

I went Barkley, Gordon, Ertz so I am hurting at receiver.

This if my complete team:

QB Drew Brees NO - QB
WR Kenny Golladay Det - WR
WR Tyler Lockett Sea - WR
RB Saquon Barkley NYG - RB
RB Todd Gurley II LAR - RB
TE George Kittle SF - TE
W/R/T Jordan Howard Phi - RB
K Greg Zuerlein LAR - K
DEF New England NE - DEF

BN Mitchell Trubisky Chi - QB
BN Marquise Brown Bal - WR
BN Tom Brady NE - QB
BN John Brown Buf - WR
BN Michael Gallup Dal - WR

Definitely thin at WR. Hoping one of them breaks out better than expected.

QB- Wilson
RB- Barkley
RB- K. Johnson
WR- Ridley
WR- Lockett
TE- Ertz
Flex- Michel
K- Gould

B- Melvin Gordon- RB
B- Brady- QB
B- Jeffery- WR
B- Sutton- WR
B- Campbell- WR
B- Harry- WR
B- Ballage- RB
B- Fant- TE

We can carry over 2 players picked in the 10th round or later (I carried over Johnson and Michel) so I always go heavy on rookies late.

QB - Jared Goff
RB- Saquon Barkley
RB - Melvin Gordon
WR- Adam Thielen
WR- Cooper Kupp
TE - Jared Cook
FL - James White
K - Harrison Butker
D/ST- Rams

B - RB - Justin Jackson
B - QB -Matthew Stafford
B - WR - James Washington
B - WR - Curtis Samuel
B - WR - Rashard Higgins
B - TE - Trey Burton

QB - Jared Goff
RB- Saquon Barkley
RB - Melvin Gordon
WR- Adam Thielen
WR- Cooper Kupp
TE - Jared Cook
FL - James White
K - Harrison Butker
D/ST- Rams

B - RB - Justin Jackson
B - QB -Matthew Stafford
B - WR - James Washington
B - WR - Curtis Samuel
B - WR - Rashard Higgins
B - TE - Trey Burton

Showing some confidence in Gordon's return. Hope you're right.

Rate how I did here. 12 team league.
PPR
TEs are huge, 1 pt for 5 yard receiving and 10 pt TDs
Rest normal scoring. This causes a lot of TEs used in flex.

Starters
QB-P. MaHomes
RB-C. Carson
RB-M. Ingram
WR-Ca. Ridley
WR-AJ Green
TE-T. Kelce
Flex-Evan Engram
K-B. Maher
D-Dallas

Bench
QB-K. Murray
RB-P. Barber
RB-R. Penny
WR-S. Watkins
WR-C. Samuel
WR- L. Fitzgerald
TE-E. Ebron

Rate how I did here. 12 team league.
PPR
TEs are huge, 1 pt for 5 yard receiving and 10 pt TDs
Rest normal scoring. This causes a lot of TEs used in flex.

Starters
QB-P. MaHomes
RB-C. Carson
RB-M. Ingram
WR-Ca. Ridley
WR-AJ Green
TE-T. Kelce
Flex-Evan Engram
K-B. Maher
D-Dallas

Bench
QB-K. Murray
RB-P. Barber
RB-R. Penny
WR-S. Watkins
WR-C. Samuel
WR- L. Fitzgerald
TE-E. Ebron

Wow, what's with the TE scoring? Commish have a fetish for tight ends? LOL. Kelce is the top TE and I really like Engram, especially with the lack of WR talent on the Giants. Unspectacular but steady RBs. WRs have potential for some big games. Not bad overall.

Wow, what's with the TE scoring? Commish have a fetish for tight ends? LOL. Kelce is the top TE and I really like Engram, especially with the lack of WR talent on the Giants. Unspectacular but steady RBs. WRs have potential for some big games. Not bad overall.
Our league has been together since 1995. We set up scoring so that the top players at each offensive position score about the same points. So a top TE is worth just as much as a top RB.

Our league has been together since 1995. We set up scoring so that the top players at each offensive position score about the same points. So a top TE is worth just as much as a top RB.

I get it now. Not a bad idea. I like that you did the research rather than just follow a common formula. When we went PPR, that's how we came to .66 per catch as that number seemed the best at the time to even things out.