2019 NFL Fantasy Football Talk

Let talk Fantasy Football
I play in a 10 team league out of Chicago group of Engineers and Architects, I've come in 2 and 3rd both years I crashed in the final four games.
Wow! This year presents some interesting problems. hold out, re-contract, trades, up coming star and sleepers.

Big question: First Pick this season What are you going with? QB / RB/ WR ???

Last edited:
Remember Okrent's (founder of rotisserie/fantasy sports) Law of fantasy sports......'there is nothing more interesting than your own fantasy team, and nothing less interesting than someone else's'

Remember Okrent's (founder of rotisserie/fantasy sports) Law of fantasy sports......'there is nothing more interesting than your own fantasy team, and nothing less interesting than someone else's'
Daniel Okrent Rotisserie of baseball which is not the America past time, it's baseball who really cares.
Fantasy football is the talk of ever water cooler meeting, company lunch, trucker stop, and military base. Sport fans take interest in others fantasy strategy.

Daniel Okrent Rotisserie of baseball which is not the America past time, it's baseball who really cares.
Fantasy football is the talk of ever water cooler meeting, company lunch, trucker stop, and military base. Sport fans take interest in others fantasy strategy.
No,. They don't. No one cares about someone else fantasy team.

If you can't answer the question and stay on topic...go back an sit on the pine pony.

Last edited:
It is crazy how popular fantasy football news has become. Even ESPN has shows dedicated to it.

I dont play fantasy but I would be high on Falcons players. They play like 12 or 13 games in a dome and 2 of the last 3 weeks are at San Fran and Tampa. Not a bad setup. I expect them to have a huge bounce back year bc of it and matt Ryan and company to put up great stats

Please explain.....

I'm in a simple 15 man roster play 9 ( QB, 2 WR, 2RB, Flex, TE, K, Def)
We have 10 teams ($150.00 each ) top three payout and draft night ,
He is probably referring to a PPR league vs non ppr leagues. Big difference in draft selections between the two

He is probably referring to a PPR league vs non ppr leagues. Big difference in draft selections between the two
Thanks very good point
I do the PPR type league...never played in another type. PPR point per reception for those new to Fantasy Football

Pickig To many player from one team is a problem come that bye week.

yes, thanks. i do a ppr and a touchdown only league, where you only get points for td and if rb/wr get hundred yards or qb throws for 300 then get bonus pts, and normal kicker pts.

jtk
()

This will be the 1st year in almost 30 years that I will not be involved in fantasy football in any way.

Regarding your question, I'm of the opinion that the top overall pick should be a RB and pretty much always has been, especially one that is seen as a bellcow and will receive multiple pass catching opportunities. I'd imagine Barkley or Kamara would be 1 and 2 and probably McAffrey and Elliot not far behind. Behind those 4, I think you could make a good case for a stud WR like Hopkins or Adams.

When talking QB, I always wait on QB. There is a ton of value at QB in the later rounds. I have never drafted a Rodgers or Brady in round 1 or 2 when solid players are available. Unless it's a Mahomes, who I fully expect to throw for 50+ TD's this year, in the 3rd round, I'd wait. A guys like Rivers is never expected to go before round 11-12 and he will give you every bit of 30-35 TD's. I just think that's better value than grabbing an elite TD tosser in the 1st couple rounds.

With RBs catching more passes in today’s NFL, I don’t know how you don’t take some combination of Barkley, Kamara, or Mcafarey in the first 3 picks. Mahomes is the only QB worth a 1st round pick.

Also, after the first 3-4 rounds, start drafting more based on a macro/team view. Draft WRs on bad teams and RBs on good teams. Christian Kirk is going to have a monster yr in AZ bc his team sucks. I think Murray will flop, but they’ll be playing behind in a lot of games, which means more targets for Kirk. I think Tyler Boyd is going to be a steal as well with the Bengals sucking and AJ Green missing a few games. Kenny Golladay of the Lions will also put up big numbers playing on a crappy team

There’s a lot of mid tier RBs after the top 5-7, so I want someone from a team most likely to win their Division. IMO, the most likely Division winners are NE and KC. KC is going to throw the ball a ton, so I think Michel or White from NE are solid mid to late round picks at RB. If I had to pick an NFC team, I’d go with the Eagles as the most likely to win their Division. Howard was expected to be the starter after the trade, but there’s reports Miles Sanders, rookie from Penn St, is getting a lot of 1st team reps. I think he has a lot of value, but it seems like he’s starting to shoot up Draft boards.

Last edited:
yes, thanks. i do a ppr and a touchdown only league, where you only get points for td and if rb/wr get hundred yards or qb throws for 300 then get bonus pts, and normal kicker pts.

jtk
()
Used to do league where it was only scoring. Rushing tds were 6 pts, receiving tds were split 3-3 between qb and wr.

With RBs catching more passes in today’s NFL, I don’t know how you don’t take some combination of Barkley, Kamara, or Mcafarey in the first 3 picks. Mahomes is the only QB worth a 1st round pick.
I wouldnt draft him 1st round but agreed he would be the only one I would consider. I usually pick up a Matt Stafford type QB and big on rbs/wrs

Great insight guys.... but the last two years (because of the draw in a 10 team league I was 6th to pick) hoping this will not happen this year.
Im thinking if I end up 6 and below Im picking a WR first... Deandre Hopkin, Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill and 1 and 2 round WR

We just drew our draft order today. I ended up with the 1st pick. I am not very happy about it.

First does have its good and bad points ... I think first or second does provide you with a top player but its a long time before your next pick

Good new.... this 2019 NFL Fantasy Football Talk should be of great help... Barkley, Kamara, or Mcafarey or going QB Mahomes 1st round pick????????

In normal PPR scoring formats there is no such things as a 1st round QB. For sure the first four picks are, in no particular order: Kamara, McCaffery, Saquon, Zeke. Then you move to the next tier that includes Leveon Bell, David Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, Julio jones, Michael Thoms, Davante Adams.

you have to load up on top RBs early rounds, because there are not enough to go around. After the elite WRs, there are lots of "good enough" WRs to fill in. In a 10 person league, if a QB goes before the 4th round, it is too early. Simple math, just look at your league scoring formats. The elite QBs will not outscore the so-so QBs by that many points per game.

In normal PPR scoring formats there is no such things as a 1st round QB. For sure the first four picks are, in no particular order: Kamara, McCaffery, Saquon, Zeke. Then you move to the next tier that includes Leveon Bell, David Johnson, Deandre Hopkins, Julio jones, Michael Thoms, Davante Adams.

you have to load up on top RBs early rounds, because there are not enough to go around. After the elite WRs, there are lots of "good enough" WRs to fill in. In a 10 person league, if a QB goes before the 4th round, it is too early. Simple math, just look at your league scoring formats. The elite QBs will not outscore the so-so QBs by that many points per game.

That’s why I’m not so sure getting one of the first 3 picks is all that bad. There’s only 3 RBs that are true studs w/o injury concerns. I’d have Elliot as a 4th, but I’m not drafting anyone that’s sitting out unless it’s some outrageous bargain like Elliot falling into the 2nd or 3rd round.

My league has .6 PPR and we can carry over for one year players taken in the 10th round or later. Mahomes is off the board as a carry over. I am carrying over Michel and Kerryon Johnson. I can't justify any of the receivers with the first pick. I like Barkley, but I am probably down to Kamara and McCaffrey with the hopes of getting decent receivers at 2.10 and 3.1.

I think I am in a league with idiots. I drafted 4th and Mahomes was still available. Got him and Brady at QB. Gurley and Gordon at RB....if Gordon ends is holdout. Not really strong at WR-Adam Theilein and Mike Williams as starters, will be checking the waiver wires!

I wasn't going to be in any leagues but a buddy called and said they needed to fill a spot, so I'm in for another year. That said, I went ahead and ranked my top 25 players as I see them in a .5 PPR league.

Barkley
Kamara
McCaffrey
Elliott - holdout doesn't scare me, I think it ends because Jerry wants him signed.
Hopkins
Adams
Thomas
T Hill
Connor
Bell - should be fresh and I think he will be a great addition for the young Darnold who I think has a a surprisingly good year.
Smith-Schuster
Mixon
D. Johnson - could and should probably be higher but I think Murray will be a bust and the Cardinals won't be very good.
Chubb
Beckham
Jones - thought about dropping further but I think his TD numbers will rebound.
Kelce - could be 1st round pick but so many weapons has me a bit doubtful he will have big numbers we are used to.
Gurley - touches will be down, no longer a 1st rounder, could possibly slip to round 3 in smaller leagues.
Fournette
Cook
K Allen
Ertz
Evans
K Johnson
Thielen - my pick to lead the league in catches, a must have at WR in a PPR leagues

Last edited:
I wasn't going to be in any leagues but a buddy called and said they needed to fill a spot, so I'm in for another year. That said, I went ahead and ranked my top 25 players as I see them in a .5 PPR league.

Barkley
Kamara
McCaffrey
Elliott - holdout doesn't scare me, I think it ends because Jerry wants him signed.
Hopkins
Adams
Thomas
T Hill
Connor
Bell - should be fresh and I think he will be a great addition for the young Darnold who I think has a a surprisingly good year.
Smith-Schuster
Mixon
D. Johnson - could and should probably be higher but I think Murray will be a bust and the Cardinals won't be very good.
Chubb
Beckham
Jones - thought about dropping further but I think his TD numbers will rebound.
Kelce - could be 1st round pick but so many weapons has me a bit doubtful he will have big numbers we are used to.
Gurley - touches will be down, no longer a 1st rounder, could possibly slip to round 3 in smaller leagues.
Fournette
Cook
K Allen
Ertz
Evans
K Johnson
Thielen - my pick to lead the league in catches, a must have at WR in a PPR leagues

I would be really worried about Elliot after the Cowboys extended Jaylon Smith. The pie is shrinking, both Prescott and Cooper want to get paid too. Personally, I take my chances and let Prescott walk. I think you could plug in any “Game Mgr” at QB with Elliot, Cooper, the OL and they win.

Last edited: