2019 MVL Projections

is Xenia good enough to win a game in the playoffs? Right now it looks like they could end up playing desalles In the first round if they lose tomorrow night.

Hard to tell. Troy isn’t very good this year and they lost to Xenia on a last minute fg. I know Troy will likely lose in the first round. Really pulling for Xenia though. Hope they can get a win.

Walnut ridge must play no one or the region is tough as hell because they’re 9-0 and sitting at #8

Congrats to Greenville on the win tonight and on a winning season that was a long time coming.

You might have received a gift on that go ahead TD though. Ball hit the ground apparently. ;)

Congrats to Greenville on the win tonight and on a winning season that was a long time coming.

You might have received a gift on that go ahead TD though. Ball hit the ground apparently. ;)
It was a good catch. But again Sidney with bone head play calling at the end. We get the ball around the 42yd line with 1:40 and 2 timeouts and go incomplete pass, dumb trick play that ends up being a chuck and pray and then 2 more incomplete passes.
Good job to Greenville on the win

Tipp 41 Butler 3.
This is sad considering how bad Tipp was this year. I cannot fathom how far Butler has fallen off.

MVL Site shows the score Tipp 41 Butler 32 .... is that wrong?

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 5
MVL Site shows the score Tipp 41 Butler 32 .... is that wrong?

ROFLMAO as if Vandalia could score 32 points in a game. There offence scored just 36 points TOTAL in the last SIX WEEKS of the season against a mixed bag of average to bad defenses. Can someone please explain to me how in tarnation an offence just falls off the map like Vandalia's did? How does a team put up 57 and 41 points in back to back weeks and then go on to only score 36 points over the next six weeks? Can't blame youth because they started out young and I would think each week those guys should progress and get more seasoned. Sure look like the program is at rock bottom to me. Community supports stinks to high heaven to. Sat up in the top row last night and freezed my keaster off. Looking around there were maybe 200-300 people in the stand for Vandalia. PATHETIC!

ROFLMAO as if Vandalia could score 32 points in a game. There offence scored just 36 points TOTAL in the last SIX WEEKS of the season against a mixed bag of average to bad defenses. Can someone please explain to me how in tarnation an offence just falls off the map like Vandalia's did? How does a team put up 57 and 41 points in back to back weeks and then go on to only score 36 points over the next six weeks? Can't blame youth because they started out young and I would think each week those guys should progress and get more seasoned. Sure look like the program is at rock bottom to me. Community supports stinks to high heaven to. Sat up in the top row last night and freezed my keaster off. Looking around there were maybe 200-300 people in the stand for Vandalia. PATHETIC!

I'd say the crowd is as reflection on the temperatures and lack of interest in watching a bad team play. Don't have the answers that you are seeking. I to am dumbfounded on why things have gotten so bad for this team. I think it's youth and injuries that are a big part. Also coming in you didn't really have a great group like you have over the last 5 years. Those teams really undereachieved when you think about the talent they had. Back to this year though you also had a lot of guys playing out of position and learning on the fly. These are freshman and sophomores too that you are asking to do this. They should be better next year but still probably looking at 4-6 or 5-5.

Is Butler gonna fire Puckett? If so who will want that job?
I’m not sure of any new names? Some of the old recycled names could be of interest? Jay Minton? Maybe Steve Chanel if his legal troubles have been cleared up? Derge would probably be a good hire. He knows the area, probably lives and works close by? Good chance to prove the Tipp community wrong by going to a division opponent? The Meeks guy has his name attached to every job opportunity for the last several years. That old Bethel coach (Clodfeather?) finally got out, so he probably wouldn’t be interested? I’m sure other names will pop up?

I’m not sure of any new names? Some of the old recycled names could be of interest? Jay Minton? Maybe Steve Chanel if his legal troubles have been cleared up? Derge would probably be a good hire. He knows the area, probably lives and works close by? Good chance to prove the Tipp community wrong by going to a division opponent? The Meeks guy has his name attached to every job opportunity for the last several years. That old Bethel coach (Clodfeather?) finally got out, so he probably wouldn’t be interested? I’m sure other names will pop up?
Did Butler fire Puckett or did he quit? We've not heard anything from within, but I don't think my son is playing next year. He's going to concentrate on another sport. Can't take it anymore.

If Butler wants a new coach they should do everything they can to get Shane Carter from Northwestern. He is a players coach but is also no nonsense. He will get them whipped into shape

Derge would be a good hire but I don't think he needs to prove anything. I think the stats this year already proved him. Going away from the Wing T, Tipp traded 950 yards of rushing for 290 more yards of passing. That also kept their defense on the field much longer which certainly didn't help the D. Tipp finished last in the MVL in defense, 7th in Passing Offense, and 6th in Overall Offense. Second level in all facets of the game except for kicking, which no doubt helped them in some games due to field position & FGs. They averaged 65 yards less Offense and gave up 58 yards more on defense. That is a 123 yard per game swing to the negative. That is a huge change to the negative.

Last edited:
Derge would be a good hire but I don't think he needs to prove anything. I think the stats this year already proved him. Going away from the Wing T, Tipp traded 950 yards of rushing for 290 more yards of passing. That also kept their defense on the field much longer which certainly didn't help the D. Tipp finished last in the MVL in defense, 7th in Passing Offense, and 6th in Overall Offense. Second level in all facets of the game except for kicking, which no doubt helped them in some games due to field position & FGs. They averaged 65 yards less Offense and gave up 58 yards more on defense. That is a 123 yard per game swing to the negative. That is a huge change to the negative.

Correct, and there are a lot more stats I am sure that could be looked at historically (past 15-20 years) that would say this was one of the worst seasons Tipp has had in a LONG time production wise. Statistically, the ONLY thing they improved on this year over the last 2 was total passing yards... which is what "they" wanted... more passing...

Passing
Att/Comp/Yds/TD

2017: 23-70, 378yds, 3 TD
2018: 36-70, 553yds, 6 TD
2019: 72-144, 845yds, 3 TD

However, when you look at that stat, completion percentage was actually lower by 1% this year over last and produced 3 fewer passing TD's. I guess spread them out and chuck it around really did nothing but hurt them. Some of it is system BUT most of it is Tipp playing bigger, faster, stronger in the GWOC/MVL rather than the CBC... Wing T is what Tipp NEEDS to compete with their current opponents to stay close... just not what they (parents and community) WANT... Burgbacher will go back to it eventually... guaranteed.

Derge to Butler is very unlikely, but not out of the question in the future... The Wing-T at Butler would put them in the running for MVL every year, not even a question. They have the athletes to compete on both sides of the ball and with the discipline and control the Wing T brings, they would dominate TOP every game and likely score 25-30+ outside of a barn-burner or two with Troy and Xenia.

Derge (FB), Betten (BBK), Dues (BB) and Shumaker (AD) together would be a great step toward overall culture change at Butler and would ultimately unite the entire athletic department as well given their character and the impact those men and their programs can have on a community. If football can serve their athletes like baseball does and Betten can maintain what Wyrick had going in that tradition... boys athletics as a whole at Butler can be a force.

Correct, and there are a lot more stats I am sure that could be looked at historically (past 15-20 years) that would say this was one of the worst seasons Tipp has had in a LONG time production wise. Statistically, the ONLY thing they improved on this year over the last 2 was total passing yards... which is what "they" wanted... more passing...

Passing
Att/Comp/Yds/TD

2017: 23-70, 378yds, 3 TD
2018: 36-70, 553yds, 6 TD
2019: 72-144, 845yds, 3 TD

However, when you look at that stat, completion percentage was actually lower by 1% this year over last and produced 3 fewer passing TD's. I guess spread them out and chuck it around really did nothing but hurt them. Some of it is system BUT most of it is Tipp playing bigger, faster, stronger in the GWOC/MVL rather than the CBC... Wing T is what Tipp NEEDS to compete with their current opponents to stay close... just not what they (parents and community) WANT... Burgbacher will go back to it eventually... guaranteed.

Derge to Butler is very unlikely, but not out of the question in the future... The Wing-T at Butler would put them in the running for MVL every year, not even a question. They have the athletes to compete on both sides of the ball and with the discipline and control the Wing T brings, they would dominate TOP every game and likely score 25-30+ outside of a barn-burner or two with Troy and Xenia.

Derge (FB), Betten (BBK), Dues (BB) and Shumaker (AD) together would be a great step toward overall culture change at Butler and would ultimately unite the entire athletic department as well given their character and the impact those men and their programs can have on a community. If football can serve their athletes like baseball does and Betten can maintain what Wyrick had going in that tradition... boys athletics as a whole at Butler can be a force.
This is so so so so so true...I love the direction Butler COULD be headed. The question is, will Shumaker be WILLING to sack up and DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE!

Someone tel me why Zach Smith woulnt be a FANTASTICC hire for Butler - he has all the boneafydes of a hall of fame coach in waiting. Acording to his twitter bio he is a flag football coach rite now. He could be gad for pennies on the dollar after hhe was drugged thru the mud by the FAKE NEWS media.

Someone tel me why Zach Smith woulnt be a FANTASTICC hire for Butler - he has all the boneafydes of a hall of fame coach in waiting. Acording to his twitter bio he is a flag football coach rite now. He could be gad for pennies on the dollar after hhe was drugged thru the mud by the FAKE NEWS media.

You can't be serious...

Derge to Butler isn’t gonna happen. That should have been made clear when he decided to stay at Tipp even though he had offers to coach at Trotwood, UD and others. I do believe that Tipp should have stuck with the wing-t, but of course Tipp is gonna have a transition between offenses. These kids have been running the Wing-t since 7th grade. I would argue that besides Troy, Xenia and maybe Piqua, the competition is not that much different between the CBC and the MVL. Hell Shawnee beat Tipp worse than anybody besides Xenia. The problem at Tipp is that the talent has all but disappeared the last 2/3 years. That should change though as Tipp is starting to grow exponentially. Right now there are 3 housing developments that are being built and 2 more in the works that are projected to bring 240 new homes to Tipp in the next 6 years.

Derge to Butler isn’t gonna happen. That should have been made clear when he decided to stay at Tipp even though he had offers to coach at Trotwood, UD and others. I do believe that Tipp should have stuck with the wing-t, but of course Tipp is gonna have a transition between offenses. These kids have been running the Wing-t since 7th grade. I would argue that besides Troy, Xenia and maybe Piqua, the competition is not that much different between the CBC and the MVL. Hell Shawnee beat Tipp worse than anybody besides Xenia. The problem at Tipp is that the talent has all but disappeared the last 2/3 years. That should change though as Tipp is starting to grow exponentially. Right now there are 3 housing developments that are being built and 2 more in the works that are projected to bring 240 new homes to Tipp in the next 6 years.
Would Tipps 2015 team have won the league this year?

Maybe Butler just wasn't going to be very good from the outset? There may indeed be coaching problems or attitude issues, or something else entirely. But I've noticed than even when they post something like a 6-4 season, a lot of you think they underachieved. I admire the passion. Heck, I wish we had it in Greenville. But maybe mediocre win totals lately have been the ceiling. It's hard to expect 8 or 9 win seasons out of 5 win talent. All of our schools have ups and downs.

Someone needs to take a math course!!! Adding 240 new homes over six years is no where near exponential growth!!!! That’s modest growth at most. Even if each home has 2 kids, that’s only 480 new students that could be spread over 13 school ages.

All but 11 of those homes are expected to be built by the end of 2020. Over 200 homes in 2 years for a small town like Tipp is huge. It could increase the population by almost 10 percent. Tipp also had over 40 new homes built behind Meyer Distribution last year. They expect 20-30 to be finished before the end of 2019. I don’t see that many homes being built in VANDALIA or Troy. 480 new students over 13 grade levels is still 37 kids per grade. Or 148 in the high school which would put Tipp near D2 if not in D2