2019 MVL Projections

No he wont. There athletes are not going to be there. His chalk is also not some magical elite stuff that will win games just on that.

I think that is the key. And I am not sure its limited to Tipp. We have multiple schools in the "dip" programs these size go through. I will say this again, if we have a bunch of teams that are on the average - below average spectrum, that will make for some exciting games.

Now back to Tipp. They should never get blasted by Shawnee. A lose is fine, but to get blasted? Derge would never.......... nevermind. Was anyone at the game to get eyes on and see if that score was a fair indicator of the state of the programs?
You are the worst. Did you kid not get playing time at Tipp? You are always so negative. According to you this conference is "average".

Fairborn had an exciting spread offense also over the last several years but went 8-22 during that time period. West Carrollton also had an exciting spread offense last year with the 2nd best passing offense in the 20 team GWOC under Rick Robertson as OC, but went 2-8. You can throw Centerville in there also. I think I'll take a clock controlling, field position, ball control offense with a two deep bend but don't break defensive alignment at the high school level of play. Limit the big play & make the opponent march the length of the field without making mistakes that stop themselves. Most teams will stop themselves if you win the field position battle.

Yup. Currently Tipp cannot and will not "out athlete" anyone on their schedule for the foreseeable future.

Now back to Tipp. They should never get blasted by Shawnee. A lose is fine, but to get blasted? Derge would never.......... nevermind. Was anyone at the game to get eyes on and see if that score was a fair indicator of the state of the programs?

Nope. 111-14 in the past 3 years...
Gave up <200 TOTAL yds in 2018 v. 500+ TOTAL yds in 2019

Exciting to watch I should say. In terms of what they have athlete wise they would be wise to run a clock controlling offense that they did in the past. No disputing that at all. Sounds like the administration wanted more passing and now they have it. Shawnee defense was bad. Most MVL defenses will be picking that QB off left and right.

Yup. 10/29 passing...

Seems like your starting to join my side of the fence and realize how good the coaches are can only go so far, its all about the athletes. Are you concerned at all about the blow out? Or just growing pains of a new program? I picked Tipp to win this one rather easily. Had no knowledge of Shawnee though.

Nope. Growing pains... but I would also take a wild guess that MB will slowly start gravitating back to the wing-t as the years go on... because that is the only way Tipp will stay competitive...

You are the worst. Did you kid not get playing time at Tipp? You are always so negative. According to you this conference is "average".

Agree, I do consider myself the worst. My kid did not play at Tipp. Agree, I am negative. Yes, this conference is average.

Of all your Mr. Mom posts, this is by far your best. Your trending up. Butler is thankful to have you.

Jackets lose another close one. Coach Doenges is going to stick with his Defensive Coordinator until he gets canned. How do you run a 3-4 with smallish Defensive Lineman who can't occupy 2 blockers which means you can’t keep the OL off you’re backers which means the opposing offense is guaranteed 4 yards a rush. Anyone who has any halfway decent rushing attack would be outta their mind to even worry about throwing the ball. Sidney’s sophomore class is loaded, much of their varsity team this year comes from their sophomore class. I’m afraid Doenges are gonna waste the talent in this class and not perform to their ability because he’s letting his Defensive coordinator run the defense into the ground.

Tipp is down this year like Butler. Both teams will struggle and will probably be lucky to win 4 games. Based on what I saw Tipp is the better of the two which ain't saying much.

I disagree. I thought Vandalia was down but admittedly last night was my first time seeing them this year. Believe it or not they could have and probably should have beaten a really good Troy. This team will be fine and might even finish 8-2 or 7-3 mark my words. Vandalia matches up a whole heck of alot better with every remaining team on the schedule. They will be 2-2 going into Piqua game which will be a big one.

I disagree. I thought Vandalia was down but admittedly last night was my first time seeing them this year. Believe it or not they could have and probably should have beaten a really good Troy. This team will be fine and might even finish 8-2 or 7-3 mark my words. Vandalia matches up a whole heck of alot better with every remaining team on the schedule. They will be 2-2 going into Piqua game which will be a big one.

Coulda shoulda woulda. Only you would say a team should have won a game on Troy's home turf when a game was decided by 21 points.

Coulda shoulda woulda. Only you would say a team should have won a game on Troy's home turf when a game was decided by 21 points.
Enjoy being the big fish pal reality is going to hit like a ton of bricks. New coaching staff is a joke and Troy will be lucky to be a one and done most years in the playoffs.

Wasn't at the Harrison game but was at the Springboro scrimmage and they did look much better against Troy. Miscues and turnovers doomed them against the Trojans, but fixable things. Butler had a chance to be up 14-0 with two trips inside the 10, but came away empty handed - that and allowing two quick scores at the end of the half spelled the difference. They showed flashes against a team that had probably 50 more kids and 50+ pounds per man on the lines - but not much room for error against those odds. No doubt that Harrison and Troy were the two biggest (at least physically) challenges on the schedule. The Aviators have a ton of youth playing right now, so the future is looking up and I don't see why they shouldn't have a legitimate shot in every game going forward. That being said, there are quality opponents looming so while 8-2 should be the goal it's certainly not a given. Just have to play, learn from the mistakes and continue to grow as players and as a team.

Shawnee did blast Tipp and the score was closer than it should’ve. Shawnee could’ve put up 56-60 points. Tipp hung around for awhile. they could not stop the running game, and shawnee went 9-9 passing. not impressed with Tipp at all. Shawnee had better athletes.

Surprisingly, Tipp is up 20-7 at the end of the third. Ben Sauls just broke the school record for longest field goal with a 55 yard kick. Pretty impressive.

Troy got absolutely destroyed tonight by Turpin. The worst they have played in a long long time. Turpin was the better team no doubt about it, however the shouldn’t have lost by 40 something. Troy fumbles the ball in the red zone multiple times. I think 4 kick off fumbles. Sad outcome tonight.

Troy got absolutely destroyed tonight by Turpin. The worst they have played in a long long time. Turpin was the better team no doubt about it, however the shouldn’t have lost by 40 something. Troy fumbles the ball in the red zone multiple times. I think 4 kick off fumbles. Sad outcome tonight.
Would’ve never happened if the burgbachers were there. Smh

Final score Tipp 20 Fairborn 7
Fairborn outgained Tipp offensively & had more first downs & time of possession but just couldn't get it in the end zone whenever they got in the red zone except for the drive before the half. Their QB was one completion away from tying the school record going 26 for 38 for 264 yards with 0 int's & a Td. Sauls is the real deal for Tipp. That 55 yard field goal would have been good from over 60 yards out & I think he booted every kickoff out of the end zone. Boston College is getting a good one.

Fairborn outgained Tipp offensively & had more first downs & time of possession but just couldn't get it in the end zone whenever they got in the red zone except for the drive before the half. Their QB was one completion away from tying the school record going 26 for 38 for 264 yards with 0 int's & a Td. Sauls is the real deal for Tipp. That 55 yard field goal would have been good from over 60 yards out & I think he booted every kickoff out of the end zone. Boston College is getting a good one.
Problem is, Fairborn had 3 rushing yards. And your right, I remember seeing him kick kickoffs through the uprights when he was a sophomore

I'm a little closer to putting Greenville in the middle of the pack now. Despite last night's loss, I'm seeing some nice stuff on defense. The offense not as much, but hopefully that will come. I'm quite frankly tired of being lumped in with the West Carrolltons and Stebbins of the world. There's really no reason to not think the program is moving forward.

Problem is, Fairborn had 3 rushing yards. And your right, I remember seeing him kick kickoffs through the uprights when he was a sophomore
"Sacks" - Doesn't matter if you have 0 or 400 rush yards if you win, or if you don't get in once your in the red zone, which is what happened at least twice. Tipp was 2 deep all second half playing bend but don't break then switched to cover 1 and cover 0 mixing in blitzes inside the red zone. That was good strategy and worked. Without Sauls that was a 1 possession game 7-14. Not many high school kickers in the whole country are going to make them from mid field and beyond which is what he did.

Last edited:
I'm a little closer to putting Greenville in the middle of the pack now. Despite last night's loss, I'm seeing some nice stuff on defense. The offense not as much, but hopefully that will come. I'm quite frankly tired of being lumped in with the West Carrolltons and Stebbins of the world. There's really no reason to not think the program is moving forward.
Greenville gave CJ a fight. It was a one possession game until the 4th quarter when CJ wore them down and got most of their yardage. Until then it was a close game. Beyke is a good passer & scrambler and is second in the MVL to Fairborns Secrest in passing. Should make for a good game Friday between the two.

What are everyone's thoughts at the halfway point? To me, it's a few average teams and then some really bad teams.
My rankings would be as follows:

1. Troy (until proven otherwise, we'll see when they play Xenia 10/25)
2. Xenia
3. Piqua
4. Butler
5. Tipp
6. Greenville
7. Fairborn
8. Sidney- What's going on here?
9. Stebbins
10. West Carrollton

What are everyone's thoughts at the halfway point? To me, it's a few average teams and then some really bad teams.
My rankings would be as follows:

1. Troy (until proven otherwise, we'll see when they play Xenia 10/25)
2. Xenia
3. Piqua
4. Butler
5. Tipp
6. Greenville
7. Fairborn
8. Sidney- What's going on here?
9. Stebbins
10. West Carrollton
I think that looks good and aligns to how most had it pre season. I think you could rank 3-6 in any order. No real difference there.

I do think the gap from Troy and Xenia to the 3-6 is not as wide as I thought. I think Xenia is vulenerable. Troy a little less but not a lock.

While I moan the overall quality of the teams, the quality of games are excellent. In two years this league will be excellent.

Whats going on with the green surfers? Whats lead to the improvements? Spike in talent coupled or could this be a sustained thing?

Whats going on with the green surfers? Whats lead to the improvements? Spike in talent coupled or could this be a sustained thing?
The senior group was the first group in a while to come along and really get some wins at the pee wee and Jr high levels before that group at the Jr high level the 4 years before they got there Greenville was combined 3-61 when they got there they went 4-4 and 5-3. In pee wee had like 50 wins to less than 10 loses. I know it changes but this group is really talented.

After losing to Piqua Butler can pretty much call it a season. That was a MUST WIN game with Xenia coming up Friday and that being a guaranteed loss. Now best they can hope for a 6-4 and that isn't going to get anyone in the playoffs. What a let down. Never understood how you can play a team that is not a passing threat at all know they are going to do nothing but run and still not be able to stop the run. SMDH.