2019 MVL Projections

The real issue Is all the talent they do have And never maximize their potential. These guys have wasted more players than any school in the area by far.
The real issue Is all the talent they do have And never maximize their potential. These guys have wasted more players than any school in the area by far.

This is an area I have a big problem with. They've done a good job of running the ball, but they just can't seem to get the passing game going. They have a sophomore WR who has Div.1 talent, albeit as a sophomore, but they can't seem to get the ball to him. He has around 2.5 receptions and 30 yards a game. They've done a nice job running the ball over the last few years, but haven't been able to throw the ball successfully. this year and the defense has been improved this season, but they're totally one dimensional offensively. There Sophomore class has as much talent as any team in the conference, I want to see that talent maximized and I don't believe this coaching staff can do that.

Fairborn 39-0 over Butler? Yikes! Is Butler that bad?

Fairborn is much better than their record shows. Could easily be 5-2 or even 6-1 rather than 3-4. Butler only lost by a TD to Piqua and held Xenia to 244 yards. The Skyhawks also got three starters back that did not play in their close loss to Sidney last week. They are also young ... only 4 seniors starting. With that said they finish with a tough schedule that includes both Troy & Xenia.

Last edited:
Fairborn may be better than their record shows; I don't dispute that. But nearly 40 points better than Butler? I don't buy that. This says more about them than it does about Fairborn.

It was worse than the score indicates. Skyhawks JV team fumbled the ball away going in for a score & they also missed a short FG earlier. Butler had 52 yards total offense. Gage Barron who missed the Sidney game had a 42 yard Punt Return for a TD, a 44 yard Interception return, a fumble recovery, a 62 yard pass reception, and held Butlers leading receiver Ryan Wilson to 0 receptions.

Last edited:
Looks like Greenville could be in for an 8-2 season and playoff birth, were they will unfortunately probably be slaughtered in the insane region 12.

Butler has scored 7 points TOTAL over the last three weeks. This is the same offense that was averaging nearly 30 points a game coming into that stretch. What has happened? Watching last night I was amazed by the offensive lines inability to block at all. Butler could not run or pass because the line was getting pushed back and run over the second the ball was snapped. They just don’t have the kids and that is the sad truth. There are a few stars out there but just not enough.

Looks like Greenville could be in for an 8-2 season and playoff birth, were they will unfortunately probably be slaughtered in the insane region 12.
The proverbial rain on the parade. Greenville hasn't made the playoffs since 1996. They still might not, but let us enjoy it. It's a nice run. If memory serves, in 1991 they went 1-9 and turned around and made the playoffs in 92 at 7-3.

The proverbial rain on the parade. Greenville hasn't made the playoffs since 1996. They still might not, but let us enjoy it. It's a nice run. If memory serves, in 1991 they went 1-9 and turned around and made the playoffs in 92 at 7-3.
Obviously an 8-2 season is huge and good to see from Greenville. But have you seen the teams in Region 12? It may be the toughest region in the state with Alter, CJ, Trotwood, St. Mary’s, Badin, Wapak, Ross, Mt. Healthy, Fenwick and Franklin

Obviously an 8-2 season is huge and good to see from Greenville. But have you seen the teams in Region 12? It may be the toughest region in the state with Alter, CJ, Trotwood, St. Mary’s, Badin, Wapak, Ross, Mt. Healthy, Fenwick and Franklin
seems like they played the likely opponent, CJ, pretty tough earlier this year

seems like they played the likely opponent, CJ, pretty tough earlier this year

They lost by three scores though. I’m not going to hate. Greenville hasn’t made the playoffs in a long time, the season isn’t over but it has already been a great season for them. We’re just saying it isn’t very likely that they’ll make it out of the first round unless they get a lucky draw and play Franklin first round. The other 6 teams that make the playoffs are all going to be very good teams. I just hope Cincinnati Hughes doesn’t steal a playoff spot from a team that is much better.

The toughness of the region isn't lost on me. Shoot, there's three more games, and most likely they need to win all three. For all intents and purposes, the playoffs for Greenville started last week against Tipp. Win out and get in, but lose one along they way, and all bets are off.

They lost by three scores though. I’m not going to hate. Greenville hasn’t made the playoffs in a long time, the season isn’t over but it has already been a great season for them. We’re just saying it isn’t very likely that they’ll make it out of the first round unless they get a lucky draw and play Franklin first round. The other 6 teams that make the playoffs are all going to be very good teams. I just hope Cincinnati Hughes doesn’t steal a playoff spot from a team that is much better.
Long time, as in my junior year way back in 1996. You'd have thought we'd have snuck in at some point since then.

Last edited:
It was worse than the score indicates. Skyhawks JV team fumbled the ball away going in for a score & they also missed a short FG earlier. Butler had 52 yards total offense. Gage Barron who missed the Sidney game had a 42 yard Punt Return for a TD, a 44 yard Interception return, a fumble recovery, a 62 yard pass reception, and held Butlers leading receiver Ryan Wilson to 0 receptions.
52 yards? Jesus. No matter the opponent that is downright a butt kicking. 52 yards is unfathomable. I did not know that was possible. Butler at least moved the ball some vs. Xenia.

52 yards? Jesus. No matter the opponent that is downright a butt kicking. 52 yards is unfathomable. I did not know that was possible. Butler at least moved the ball some vs. Xenia.
I feel like there has to be some quit in that stat line. I would think Butler could manage more yards than that against even Hoban with some effort.

The answer is no. But how many would feel that Puckett is “hot seat” candidate worthy after this? I mean after the last couple weeks of serious let downs and the overall expectation...y’all can look down to Jr High numbers all you want, this could be more than a bad day at the office. We’ve all had them and are nearly inexplainable...but this. You didn’t even show up.

The answer is no. But how many would feel that Puckett is “hot seat” candidate worthy after this? I mean after the last couple weeks of serious let downs and the overall expectation...y’all can look down to Jr High numbers all you want, this could be more than a bad day at the office. We’ve all had them and are nearly inexplainable...but this. You didn’t even show up.
I l
If there is any hot seat right now on the HC for Vandalia-Butler Football, I would have lost all faith in the community I lived, played for and graduated from. There is no hot seat good lord. The only hot seat is the of the non-sport playing , internet junk heads the community is full of now.

I l
If there is any hot seat right now on the HC for Vandalia-Butler Football, I would have lost all faith in the community I lived, played for and graduated from. There is no hot seat good lord. The only hot seat is the of the non-sport playing , internet junk heads the community is full of now.
Unfortunately that is not an issue that only Butler is experiencing. I would say more so is the issue of the kids who have played football or other sports and is athletic but has decided that being a stoner and not having to commit your entire summer is more fun for them.

I l
I appreciate your passion, unfortunately the hot seat is a real thing. If you start losing to teams you’re not supposed to lose to and consistently put together poor performances… You get what I’m saying. Not that Butler is currently in this situation, but how long does Puckett stick around for below average production? Talent here and there around Butler, injuries played a factor, but last year had injuries too. Gotta salvage your season these last few weeks.

Lord, just pluck Fairborn's coach. He obviously knows what is going on. Fairborn has been hot garbage for years. Not very talented this year either, but quietly been an okay team this year that seems to be improving by the week. Or snag a coordinator if one is ready. Those guys have done a remarkable job. I despise them being a Tecumseh alum, but for as bad as they've been I can't imagine they inherited anything but a horrendous team and culture. Every week I have waited for a blow out and they consistently seem to be in good enough spots to win games. I know we are overreacting. Hell, I am too with Fairborn, but coming off a pretty hard loss to come out and wax a decent program speaks that this guy just might get it.

I appreciate your passion, unfortunately the hot seat is a real thing. If you start losing to teams you’re not supposed to lose to and consistently put together poor performances… You get what I’m saying. Not that Butler is currently in this situation, but how long does Puckett stick around for below average production? Talent here and there around Butler, injuries played a factor, but last year had injuries too. Gotta salvage your season these last few weeks.

Injuries are part of the game & affect every team. I feel very confident that Fairborn would have won over Sidney if they had not been missing 3 starters (5 positions & a punt returner) due to two way players. Of course it affects those teams that carry a smaller roster like Butler & Fairborn more than it would others.

Lord, just pluck Fairborn's coach. He obviously knows what is going on. Fairborn has been hot garbage for years. Not very talented this year either, but quietly been an okay team this year that seems to be improving by the week. Or snag a coordinator if one is ready. Those guys have done a remarkable job. I despise them being a Tecumseh alum, but for as bad as they've been I can't imagine they inherited anything but a horrendous team and culture. Every week I have waited for a blow out and they consistently seem to be in good enough spots to win games. I know we are overreacting. Hell, I am too with Fairborn, but coming off a pretty hard loss to come out and wax a decent program speaks that this guy just might get it.

Kerns is a very good coach and has a very good staff. Fairborn is much better than their record reflects. The culture is changing with this staff & their kids just need to realize they are not losers anymore & can win. It is only a matter of mindset now. The Skyhawks are ranked 3rd in the 10 team MVL is Scoring Offense & 2nd in the MVL in Scoring Defense and Yards given up per game for all games. Their record could easily be 5-2 now or even 6-1. The mindset will happen. The Skyhawks are a young team with only 4 seniors contributing. As for talent, they may have the best two inside linebackers in the area in Hunter Warner & Cam Hamilton, both Juniors who have combined for 182 tackles in 7 games. Warner was Honorable Mention All State for D2 last year. Warner has also averaged 149 yards a game rushing over the last 4 games.

Last edited:
Kerns is a very good coach and has a very good staff. Fairborn is much better than their record reflects. The culture is changing & their kids just need to realize they are not losers anymore & can win. It is only a matter of mindset now. The Skyhawks are ranked 3rd in the 10 team MVL is Scoring Offense & 2nd in the MVL in Scoring Defense and Yards given up per game for all games. Their record could easily be 5-2 now or even 6-1. The mindset will happen.
Does he call the offense or defense? Or none?

Coach Kerns calls the Offense & Coach Michael Derry who coached linebackers at Tipp before this year calls the defense. Their in depth scouting program has made a big difference at Fairborn also.
Hmmm. Idk who that is. Tipp isn't a bad place to pluck coaches. Nice pull I suppose. What in depth scouting? What is that?