2019 Mr Football?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
Haven't heard much discussion this year unless I'm missing the thread. Who do you believe will win Mr Football this year?

Which RB or QB has the gaudiest stats? Nobody is really jumping out right now, maybe a good two way player then like Hoban's Trayanum?

I'd agree with Prater from Wyoming is the favorite..

Angelo Grose from Mansfield Sr. should get some run. He's committed to Michigan St and has his team in week 13 for the first time ever.

Carrico from Ironton because he's good and committed to OSU. Might be a "next year" award for him. Not sure his stats are the gaudiest.

Ethan Wright from Manchester and Marquael Parks from Orrville have the gaudy stats. Both over 2000 yds rushing, standouts on D and both nearing 40 TD's. Only issue with them is that they're in the same conference and from the same district (NE Inland).

From what I know about the voting, each district has a nominee for Mr. Ohio. If you're not the nominee out of your district, you can't win Mr. Football.

I'd agree with Prater from Wyoming is the favorite.

Angelo Grose from Mansfield Sr. should get some run. He's committed to Michigan St and has his team in week 13 for the first time ever.

Carrico from Ironton because he's good and committed to OSU. Might be a "next year" award for him. Not sure his stats are the gaudiest.

Ethan Wright from Manchester and Marquael Parks from Orrville have the gaudy stats. Both over 2000 yds rushing, standouts on D and both nearing 40 TD's. Only issue with them is that they're in the same conference and from the same district (NE Inland).

From what I know about the voting, each district has a nominee for Mr. Ohio. If you're not the nominee out of your district, you can't win Mr. Football.
Let's put it this way, if Prater was committed to OSU the award would already be engraved with his name on it.

Depends. Are they going for the best "story" or the best football player? Cade Stover selection last year was a good story. He got a scholarship to Ohio State, but you cannot tell me that the best player in the state was on a D3 team that was .500 (16-16) for his last 3 years there.

To me it's got to be Prater. 3 year starter and he'll likely go into this year's title game with a record of 39-1. He #s aren't fantastic, but his teams just don't lose.

What division is Wyoming ..how'd they finish ..and what are Praters stats..

That answers 1 of them

A D 4 player no matter how good the stats are...sorry no not a better player than KIPP traynum miyan....etc ...ad nauseum

Last edited:
Time to go back to a small school?

West Jefferson's Gabe Jones is 35th in the nation in rushing and 1st in the state of Ohio.

217 carries, 2319 yards, 10.7 YPC, 34 TDs
20 rec, 441 yards, 6 TDs
8 KO Ret, 208 yards, 1 TD (26.0 ypr)
3 Punt Ret, 116 yds, 1 TD (38.7 ypr)
35 tackles, 2 sacks, 2 INT
36.8 yards per punt (he's the punter)

What division is Wyoming ..how'd they finish ..and what are Praters stats..

That answers 1 of them

A D 4 player no matter how good the stats are...sorry no not a better player than KIPP traynum miyan....etc ...ad nauseum

Get a grip, it's not a team award. Prater is playing in the Under Armour ALL AMERICAN game and he's the #1 ranked QB in the state. Don't be so narrow.. Check out his offer list..

Time to go back to a small school?

West Jefferson's Gabe Jones is 35th in the nation in rushing and 1st in the state of Ohio.

...Of the teams who report to MaxPreps. In Ohio that's around 100 schools (around 14% of football schools in Ohio).

Say that Bloom-Carroll does the unthinkable and beats Licking Valley. Would Otto Kuhns enter the conversation?

Perry’s QB?

Depends. Are they going for the best "story" or the best football player? Cade Stover selection last year was a good story. He got a scholarship to Ohio State, but you cannot tell me that the best player in the state was on a D3 team that was .500 (16-16) for his last 3 years there.

To me it's got to be Prater. 3 year starter and he'll likely go into this year's title game with a record of 39-1. He #s aren't fantastic, but his teams just don't lose.

I'm confused what a teams record has anything to do with the best football player in the state. It's for the best player, not the best program.

Mr. Football ----- Jack Sawyer---- Pickerington North H.S. #1 recruit in the state, # 1 DE in the nation, had to play qb as well this season. Committed to Ohio State after his sophomore year. BTW --- he was also all state second team in basketball last year D-1. If you've never heard of Jack--- take a minute and check him out. Kid is a beast !!!!

Evan Prater's season stats are on that link. While very good, the passing numbers in particular don't jump off the page. The kid's just a really good player though and I think would be expected to be Cincinnati's starting QB after Ridder graduates.