2019 La Salle Lancers

The kicking game could be crucial here. Jake Seibert needs to put kickoffs deep in the end zone with no returns. Carrington Valentine returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown against X. #1 Kevin Thibodeaux is a great kicker too for Moeller. In fact, he leads the GCLS in kickoff yardage at 59.7 with Jake close behind at 59.2 and 25 TBs

Last edited:
Another key is protecting our QB. Moeller LB #44 Joe Toepfer and DE #93 Chase Brown combined for four sacks of Matt Rueve last Friday..

I love watching Gi'Bran run. He is called a slasher back because of his ability to to cut and change direction and accelerate quickly.

Today should be great for football with temperatures in the 70s and not 90s today. We won't see the cramping up we've seen in previous games with the really hot weather we've been having.

I was surprised when I saw the big line on the this game - La Salle -14.5, but the Yappi faithful is picking the Lancers to cover that big spread by an almost 3-1 margin.

Lancers all time record against Moeller is 9-48. I'm predicting this is the year we get to double digit wins and send the Crusaders down to their 5th lost guaranteeing a non winning record for a once proud program.

Last edited:
From what I've seen out of Gi'Bran he has that ability. Jeremy just had something else to him that you can't explain, it's what makes special abilities into special players. Only time will tell if Gi'Bran has that in him.

Truth. Gi'Bran has the skill set and natural speed/ability. It remains to be seen if he has Larkin's intangibles, which were even more impressive than his ability. Jeremy was a once-in-a-generation Lancer.

Great game all around minus the stupid penalties. My opinion has gon a full 180° on McLaughlin from this time last year. Guess he just needs a QB that actually complete a pass.

Don't home teams assign the officials for the game? They had to be Moeller grads. The difference in penalties is staggering. La Salle was penalized 15 times for 157 yards while Moeller was penalized four times for 43 yards

Don't home teams assign the officials for the game? They had to be Moeller grads. The difference in penalties is staggering. La Salle was penalized 15 times for 157 yards while Moeller was penalized four times for 43 yards

The only bad calls I saw were the unsportsmanlike on 4 after an incomplete pass on 3rd down (extending a drive that ended in a TD) and a weak-arse late hit flag in the second half after the blocked FG.

The rest of it, LS needs to clean up before playing good teams. La Salle is running-clock-better than Moeller and should have won by 50.

Here are the L2 wins La Salle received from teams they beat in the first six weeks.
Lakota West got their fourth win.
Mason got their third win.
Mansfield got their third win.
Dunbar got their second win.
Moeller had a previous win from week three.

Last edited:

Lancers have played CC nine times and have an 8-1 record against them, last time they met was 2012 when a 4-6 LS team beat them 27-11

Last edited:
Hmmm. How then do you explain this post.
Watching him as he walked off the field after scoring a touchdown and extra point, either Winton Woods decided to save him as he walked off the field after scoring a touchdown and extra point, because he was limping pretty bad or that ankle is very sore and may Limit if not severely Curtail his playing time the next three games either way we’ll find out next week

Last edited:
Lancers will be facing another excellent kicker. #38 David Trey Gronotte has kicked five field goals and 37 extra points. Cov Cath has been a scoring machine scoring 309 points in seven games averaging 44 ppg. Can our defense slow them down?