2019 La Salle Lancers

Yeah, his pick 6 last week was great. Too bad it was called back on a mercy flag. Jaylen Johnson is fun to watch too and Hargrove-Mundy played quite well Week 1.
Those Mercy flags, those the Flags the Officials get the Special 2 Hr Training on? It’s held at Princeton also.

Those Mercy flags, those the Flags the Officials get the Special 2 Hr Training on? It’s held at Princeton also.

I think all the referee training takes place at Elder so they can totally introduce the Panthers bias. :)

(That said, the flag on the play I'm referencing was pretty silly.)

Was it a silly flag or mercy flag? What the difference between the 2?

I thought it was a silly call that would not have been made if the big play by D. Smith was crucial to the result of the game. Make sense? Just my opinion. I'm not trying to align myself with the DMR blowout-prevention theory.

I thought it was a silly call that would not have been made if the big play by D. Smith was crucial to the result of the game. Make sense? Just my opinion. I'm not trying to align myself with the DMR blowout-prevention theory.

Got ya. The blowout prevention theory is a circus that most probably don’t want to align with!

Their varsity roster shows 65 players. I wonder how many of them will make that 13 hour car trip from Mansfield, Massachusetts. At any rate here they are in upper body photos. https://www.flickr.com/photos/15332147@N03/sets/72157710489055482/
I would assume that almost all if not all of them will make the trip. They leave La Salle and then travel to South Bend where they are the Guests of Notre Dame football for their game against New Mexico. They travel back home on SundayYes whirlwind tour but anytime you get a free ticket to Notre Dame football game rarely do you ever say no

Scoring summary for Mansfield’s game last Friday, their first game of the year, a 31-10 win over Boston College High School

First quarter — Cincere Gill 29 yd. run (Michael DeBolt PAT),

Second quarter — Michael DeBolt 26 yd. FG.

Third quarter — Cincere Gill 64 yd. run (Michael DeBolt PAT).

Fourth quarter — Michael DeBolt 48 yd. pass from Jack Moussette (Michael DeBolt PAT),

— Michael Debolt 79 yd. run (Michael DeBolt PAT).

Mansfield's offense seems a lot like La Salle's. They had 264 yds rushing and 92 yards passing against Boston College High last Friday. Two guys to keep an eye on are RB Cincere Gill (#2) and WR Michael Debolt (#4). QB is #13 Jack Moussette who completed 6 of 12 passes with no interceptions.

Last edited:
Here is the pre-season report on the team from the Boston Globe.

Coach: Mike Redding (32nd season). Career: 252-86-4.

Last year’s record: 8-3

Strengths: Very deep, talented and experienced at skill positions.

Concerns: Depth.

Offense: Multiple

Playing surface: Artificial turf

Outlook: The Hornets return one of the talented teams in the Hockomock and Division 2 South. Senior Vinnie Holmes, a returning Globe All-Scholastic, is a two-way star in the backfield and at linebacker. Senior classmates Nick Marciano and Mike DeBolt will do the same. Mansfield is returning four of five starters on the offensive line and Redding believes this is one of the fastest groups of skill players he has had in his 32-year tenure. He does worry about size on the defensive line but is confident that the Hornets' speed and ball pursuit will make up for any shortcomings there. A tough schedule awaits for Mansfield.

Here is the pre-season report on the team from the Boston Globe.

Coach: Mike Redding (32nd season). Career: 252-86-4.

Last year’s record: 8-3

Strengths: Very deep, talented and experienced at skill positions.

Concerns: Depth.

Offense: Multiple

Playing surface: Artificial turf

Outlook: The Hornets return one of the talented teams in the Hockomock and Division 2 South. Senior Vinnie Holmes, a returning Globe All-Scholastic, is a two-way star in the backfield and at linebacker. Senior classmates Nick Marciano and Mike DeBolt will do the same. Mansfield is returning four of five starters on the offensive line and Redding believes this is one of the fastest groups of skill players he has had in his 32-year tenure. He does worry about size on the defensive line but is confident that the Hornets' speed and ball pursuit will make up for any shortcomings there. A tough schedule awaits for Mansfield.

They are very deep, but depth is a concern. The old coach didn't put much thought into his preview form for The Globe. :ROFLMAO:

I sent an email to Coach Mike Redding of Mansfield high school. Does anyone think he will answer? He was inducted in the Massachusetts Football Coaches Hall of Fame and is a legendary coach in that state with his record of 252-86-4

Wow! Mansfield is flying in to play the Lancers. So much for a 13 hour bus ride hindering their performance. After the Hornets play the Lancers, they fly to South Bend, Indiana where they will be guests of Brian Kelly and the University of Notre Dame on Saturday for the Notre Dame football game. Like Kelly, the coach of the Green Hornets is also Irish who has been to Ireland three times, first time to study Irish history, last time this summer to take his kids to become acquainted with their ancestors land.

Last edited: