2019 La Salle Lancers

How will having an open date on September 20th impact your schedule? It sounds like Dunbar may be dropping all sports because they also had a shortened soccer game due to fighting. If you keep winning it shouldn't matter but it may impact what kind of seed you get at the end of the year. Any chance you can fill that week with a game, is your AD looking at possibilities?

How will having an open date on September 20th impact your schedule? It sounds like Dunbar may be dropping all sports because they also had a shortened soccer game due to fighting. If you keep winning it shouldn't matter but it may impact what kind of seed you get at the end of the year. Any chance you can fill that week with a game, is your AD looking at possibilities?

That's homecoming. Since last year's homecoming game was wiped out due to foolishly scheduling a Florida team that couldn't make it, I sure hope the same nonsense doesn't go down this year.

La Salle is going to win some games this year. Defensively, the only score given up in week one was a punt return by the highly touted Alex Afari of Lakota West in spite of the fact we lost our top three tacklers (linebackers Brody Ingle, Garrett Bledsoe and Jarred Uran) to graduation.

This year's DBs are 6-3, 210-pound junior Jaylen Johnson (Ohio State, Kentucky, Cincinnati offers), 6-foot, 200-pound junior Devonta Smith, 5-10 (UC, Kentucky, Minnesota), 200-pound junior Jaymar Hargove-Mundy (Toledo, Western Michigan offers), 5-11, 200-pound junior Iesa Jarmon (UC, Akron, Toledo offers) and 6-3, 205-pound senior Cole Hildebrand (Dayton, Valparaiso, Butler offers). Luke Thiemann, a 6-3, 227-pound senior linebacker also has offers from Colegate, Tiffin, Ohio Dominican and Robert Morris.

Source: Scott Springer for the Enquirer.

Last edited:
La Salle is going to wins some games this year. Defensively, the only score given up in week one was a punt return by the highly touted Alex Afari of Lakota West in spite of the fact we lost our top three tacklers (linebackers Brody Ingle, Garrett Bledsoe and Jarred Uran) to graduation.

The highly-touted DBs this year are 6-3, 210-pound junior Jaylen Johnson (Ohio State, Kentucky, Cincinnati offers), 6-foot, 200-pound junior Devonta Smith, 5-10 (UC, Kentucky, Minnesota), 200-pound junior Jaymar Hargove-Mundy (Toledo, Western Michigan offers), 5-11, 200-pound junior Iesa Jarmon (UC, Akron, Toledo offers) and 6-3, 205-pound senior Cole Hildebrand (Dayton, Valparaiso, Butler offers). Luke Thiemann, a 6-3, 227-pound senior linebacker also has offers from Colegate, Tiffin, Ohio Dominican and Robert Morris.

And all of them have at least a year of varsity under their belts. Hopefully that experience pays off and they can feed off last year's disappointing results.

I'd add that the new QB is a tremendous boost to the team and the offense looked especially loaded.

Here is a paraphrase of what Coach McLaughlin told the Enquirer's Scott Springer about his offense, We can spread you out and throw some passing in there to keep you off balance.. We can play seven or eight offensive linemen which is a directly related to what we did in the weight room in the off season. We're not going to get pushed around anymore like we did last year. Wow! Go Lancers!

The Yappi line on this game is La Salle -24½. That's a big line to cover. Of course, we beat West by 24, and I think West will have a better season than Mason.

There is an error in the guide. The Moeller game is listed as being at Loackland. It is at PRINCETON not Lockland

5 legit D1 recruits in the secondary??? Wow ok, they should be decent against the pass, lol.

The top 4 outta 5 of those are juniors as well. I see Devonte Smith as a 4 star top 250 guy, I think he's really underrated on the recruiting sites. Really hope UC is making him a priority.

Last edited:
The top 4 outta 5 of those are juniors as well. I see Devonte Smith as a 4 star top 250 guy, I think he's really underrated on the recruiting sites. Really hope UC is making him a priority.

Yeah, his pick 6 last week was great. Too bad it was called back on a mercy flag. Jaylen Johnson is fun to watch too and Hargrove-Mundy played quite well Week 1.

Let's see in week 1, Lancers score on a 5 yd. run, 42 yd. pass, 69 yd. run, and a 15 yd. run. 241 yds. rushing and 70 yds passing.
In week 2 Lancers score on 10yd. pass, 23 yd. pass, 44 yd. run, and 82 yd. run, 254 yds. rushing and 126 yds. passing.
Each week five star kicker made his one field goal attempt. He's going to be another weapon all year.

Lancers had a strong game against the comets. with a nice ground and air attack totaling 350 yards with Junior Quarterback Zach Brahnam accounting for almost 260 yards and 3 touchdown. Still a few things to clean up but expectations are high for lancernation

Man, the screen to Payne has resulted in a very nice TD run two weeks in a row. That kid is going to be a weapon all year.

Branham looks really good at QB. He makes really good decisions and throws a nice ball.

I'm still concerned about the lines ... the were some yards available through the middle for Mason. Anybody know if Blevins is the only one going both ways there?

I know it's early still with only 20% of the regular season in the books, but Zach Brahnam is completing over 70% (70.8%, 17-24) of his passes with no INTs. That to me is impressive. If you check what most Lancer QBs had as completion percentages in a season, it's usually under 60%.

My only concern is that Mason seem to have a couple of "reasonable" drives which ended up in missed FG. When we start playing other teams that are much better ( and we have not done that yet ) that may be a concern about the defensive line. but GO LANCERS!

Anybody considering a road trip to Buffalo?

Mason actually had more total yards than West. West had 164 total yds while Mason had 194 total yards, 107 passing and 87 rushing.

My only concern is that Mason seem to have a couple of "reasonable" drives which ended up in missed FG. When we start playing other teams that are much better ( and we have not done that yet ) that may be a concern about the defensive line. but GO LANCERS!

Anybody considering a road trip to Buffalo?

Agree about the Mason drives.

I have family up there just across the Niagara River on Grand Island, near Buffalo, but we have a camping trip that weekend. I'd be up there otherwise.

Max preps ranks them about 1000. La Salle ranks about 100

Hope they're a team LS can beat. The atmosphere will be crappy next week with an empty visitor's side. It would be nice to get one or two of those huge NKy schools up here. They'll at least bring some fans for their arse whooping.

Yes, all of those would be good opponents. Most would get rolled, but at least they're close enough to bring fans.