2019 La Salle Lancers

and LaSalle did something tonight that no other team could do, Beat Tom Bolden by 20+ points. Very impressed tonight
Was West overrated or was La Salle underrated? West was exposed tonight as a middle of the road GMC team while Bolden was exposed as a coach whose best coaching days may be behind him. We need DMR and the Pope to tell us how bad Mason will beat us.

Was West overrated or was La Salle underrated? West was exposed tonight as a middle of the road GMC team while Bolden was exposed as a coach whose best coaching days may be behind him. We need DMR and the Pope to tell us how bad Mason will beat us.

McLaughlin was able to put a capable offense out there unlike last year

Well don’t worry Da Pope will pick Mason to win but really in his heart wants LS TO WIN
And so it goes

PS La Salle could’ve won by one maybe two more touchdowns had it not been for holding calls

Look back at the game that the lancers played Colerain in Oxford with Coach Moore
and you’ll see where they beat them by more than 20 in that game also

Some interesting tidbits here. Zach Branam ran 5 yds for the first LS touchdown then passed a 42 yarder to G'Bran Payne for the second TD. G'Bran Payne caught a 42 yard pass for a touchdown, then ran in a touchdown from the 15. LS dominated in the scoring yet had only one more first down than West 12-11. West had the ball for 24:04 to LS 23:56. LS was penalized eight times for 60 yards while West only had five for 25 yards.

A lot of that time of possession can be attributed the the very nice and well scripted 8-minute opening drive for Lakota West. Coming away with no points there was a soul crusher. I was concerned La Salle wouldn’t be able to stop the run, but the defense adjusted nicely.

I’m hugely impressed with the QB and Payne. I have concern about the size of the lines and the guys going both ways, especially Porter. BUT, it was really great to see Cam without turf toe this year busting that 69-yard TD. Great kid deserves a great year.

If the QB comes along they will compete for a deep(ish) playoff run. By far my biggest concern is how small both sides of the ball are in the trenches.

This team is just as talented as the b2b2b state champions in their skill positions. A solid 5-6 P5 prospects between RB, receivers, and DBs. Their o and d lines will eventually hold them back from that skill position potential though.

Agreed. We’ll learn more the next few weeks, but I enjoyed what I saw last night. That catch by Hubbard with two guys interfering with him was great and Payne May be my new favorite.

Agreed. We’ll learn more the next few weeks, but I enjoyed what I saw last night. That catch by Hubbard with two guys interfering with him was great and Payne May be my new favorite.

OK on the Mason they lose Mason lost 34 to 7. question is Did Mason lose their star running back in scrimmages or is he playing.

Look back at the game that the lancers played Colerain in Oxford with Coach Moore
and you’ll see where they beat them by more than 20 in that game also

It was close but actually Coach Moore only beat Coach Bolden by 19, 40-21 in 2014. http://gcls.gclsports.com/fbGameStats.aspx?gameid=190944
Here is something to give West fans some hope. After losing to La Salle in 2014 in the opener, Bolden still made the playoffs at 7-3 beating a 9-1 Darby team in the first round. http://www.joeeitel.com/hsfoot/teams.jsp?year=2014&teamID=396

Last edited:
LET'S TALK ABOUT THE UPCOMING GAME WITH MASON.............THE PAST IS HISTORY....WHAT ABOUT THEIR RUNNING GAME, DEFENSE, ETC

It sounds like Mason is in rebuild mode. Hopefully LS is prepared, goes in and takes care of business and comes out injury free.

One thing I'm wondering about is the condition of Hubbard. Hoping that was just a leg cramp last week.

Also, I really like the stadium up there, so I'm heading up Friday with friends. I'd like to see a series with Mason continue.

One thing I'm wondering about is the condition of Hubbard. Hoping that was just a leg cramp last week

Haven't heard anything public but my son said he tore his acl