2019 GCL Coed

But the bigger rumor is Moxen Tweeter and Billy Bob Apparently went to the strip club last night and got really drunk just so happens one of their teachers was a stripper if she happens to turn them in they won’t be playing
You forgot about the star RB Brown. You're a racist just like Coach Kilmer. Can't even let a guy get TD. :cool:

No this is not confirmed. All players are eligible to play. I don't understand why our own fans are making rumors about the Alter Knights football team. Fans should be supportive and kept quiet, even if these accusations were true... a true fan would keep quiet. Thats sad
It is true about Moxen, Tweeter, and Billy Bob I'm telling you. As far as Brown, I was told to keep it quiet by L Harbor. He's planning on a coup just before game time and taking over coaching from Domitz, I mean Kilmer. As for Jefferson, he never found out about his Firebird. Thank goodness for TV repairmen.
But............heard E Flatch may not be playing tonight. His Dad Wilbur fell off the wagon last night and got in a fight that required stitches.

Would love to see a Badin-Alter rematch in the playoffs. I think it would be a closer game this time around.
You are getting your wish. We shall see how this one goes for the Knights. Can they overcome the 42-7 butt kicking that they received from Badin earlier this year ? If all players are healthy, and ready to go, it might be different this time. Then again, it could be another punch in the mouth for the boys from Kettering.

No this is not confirmed. All players are eligible to play. I don't understand why our own fans are making rumors about the Alter Knights football team. Fans should be supportive and kept quiet, even if these accusations were true... a true fan would keep quiet. Thats sad
[/QUOT
It is confirmed ---- he didn't play one snap. Truth is not a rumor.

You are getting your wish. We shall see how this one goes for the Knights. Can they overcome the 42-7 butt kicking that they received from Badin earlier this year ? If all players are healthy, and ready to go, it might be different this time. Then again, it could be another punch in the mouth for the boys from Kettering.
We will just have to wait and see then.

This is a big test to see if Badin can handle Trotwood's athleticism. No doubt in my mind that Badin will out coach and win or keep them competitive from start to finish. I'll take the GCL Rams vs the GWOC Rams 28-24

HAVERKAMP LEAVING FENWICK

Go to swohiosportsdaily.com for a full report on Dan Haverkamp's decision to leave Fenwick next month

An annual subscription is 16 cents a day, a monthly subscription is 33 cents a day, either way it's pennies a day for the best and most comprehensive high school sports coverage in SW Ohio, so consider subscribing and get started with this story today

Just looked at the GCL website at the All League team. Wow, talk about ”everybody gets a trophy”! This is crazy. 80 kids were listed. From six teams! CJ alone had 19 players listed. Not to pick on the Eagles, they did have a great year, but with 19 All League players you would think they would be the best team in Ohio.
Being named All League should be for the very best players only. Every school seemed over represented to me, not just CJ. It really cheapens the All League honor. The GCL needs to reconsider what this has become??

Any word from Falcon land on new head coach? Its been over a month since the public announcement and I would think the AD knew by the middle of the season that Haverkamp was leaving.

For the most part it has been quiet. Some mention of one internal candidate, but seems to be a consensus feeling among Fenwick people that he would be a less than ideal choice.

Close.....name is George and he is the defensive coordinator. Got the last name right. Good safe hire. More of a cheerleader type coach then X and O’s. If he surrounds himself with the right coaching staff they will be okay. Cupboard is bare the next couple of years, but should be able maintain the 5-5, 6-4 trend. Nice part if he is “the coach Moore” that posts on here a lot, could have some good entertainment while he is coaching. GCL coed will have its own coach Pflug.

Close.....name is George and he is the defensive coordinator. Got the last name right. Good safe hire. More of a cheerleader type coach then X and O’s. If he surrounds himself with the right coaching staff they will be okay. Cupboard is bare the next couple of years, but should be able maintain the 5-5, 6-4 trend. Nice part if he is “the coach Moore” that posts on here a lot, could have some good entertainment while he is coaching. GCL coed will have its own coach Pflug.

I would bet it is. He's always on twitter a lot too

our coach that transferred from Fenwick has nothing good to say about “the coach Moore”; which means I have nothing but respect for “the coach Moore”. Just my two cents

Safe hire? Fenwick been hurting since Joe stepped. They needed a big hire! I know of 2 coaches that interviewed that would have been great. One has 10 years head coach experience including D1 Hamilton.

Safe hire? Fenwick been hurting since Joe stepped. They needed a big hire! I know of 2 coaches that interviewed that would have been great. One has 10 years head coach experience including D1 Hamilton.
I think they desired to go with quantity (keeping someone for more than 1 year) vs quality. From the little bit I heard, the ex-Hamilton coach and Fenwick mutually agreed it would not have been good match. Until recently, has been mostly at public schools. I agree he would have been a great hire. If the other is the same individual I heard about, he wasn't offered because he was well outside Fenwick's price tag.
Some of the big "influencers" got the coach they wanted.

I think they desired to go with quantity (keeping someone for more than 1 year) vs quality. From the little bit I heard, the ex-Hamilton coach and Fenwick mutually agreed it would not have been good match. Until recently, has been mostly at public schools. I agree he would have been a great hire. If the other is the same individual I heard about, he wasn't offered because he was well outside Fenwick's price tag.

Fenwick parents control the football program too?

You talking about the OKI guy?

No hadn't heard anything related to that person. This was a former local coach now coaching in DII or DIII football. They way I understood it, he doesn't have the teaching credentials or the right credentials and I guess there is no open non teaching positions, so what they would pay for a football only position was not close for this individual to consider it.

Looks like McNick received approval from the Archdiocese to explore alternatives to the GCL.
With Bacon and Purcell’s status the way it is, no doubt the wise move. If those 2 abandon the GCL in all sports, the travel costs would just kill McNick. Probably does already with the schools in the GCL coed. Now for some fun for us all to speculate. Obviously some scenarios could never happen due to the private vs public “thing”. I know this one would never happen, but wouldn’t they be a good fit in the CHL. Similar size schools, not too rough on travel, etc.

With Bacon and Purcell’s status the way it is, no doubt the wise move. If those 2 abandon the GCL in all sports, the travel costs would just kill McNick. Probably does already with the schools in the GCL coed. Now for some fun for us all to speculate. Obviously some scenarios could never happen due to the private vs public “thing”. I know this one would never happen, but wouldn’t they be a good fit in the CHL. Similar size schools, not too rough on travel, etc.
Southern buckeye actually makes a lot of sense

CHL makes the most sense. They would give the Big 2 some competition in most sports, boys and girls. Is the Southern Buckeye the league with New Richmond , Goshen, Batavia etc?