2019 GCL Coed

Preach it Petro!
You give up 35 points at home in the 1st half at home you deserve to lose. Most especially when ,going in , you are a 2 TD favorite..There has NEVER been anything polite about a Chaminade-Alter game and hopefully never will be. Nobody wins a pissing contest among parochial schools about who outwits whom in regards to recruiting allegations. Point blank CJ offers the best opportunity in the city of Dayton for kids who want an education and a chance to compete athletically. The Marianists should be applauded for holding place in town when it would have been far easier to roll north of town and build out a new campus. By the same token Alter defies the "soft" suburban stereotype a lot of people assume is the school's DNA. A whole lot of gym banners suggest otherwise..So they go at it again next week. The coaches have leaks to patch

You give up 35 points at home in the 1st half at home you deserve to lose. Most especially when ,going in , you are a 2 TD favorite..There has NEVER been anything polite about a Chaminade-Alter game and hopefully never will be. Nobody wins a pissing contest among parochial schools about who outwits whom in regards to recruiting allegations. Point blank CJ offers the best opportunity in the city of Dayton for kids who want an education and a chance to compete athletically. The Marianists should be applauded for holding place in town when it would have been far easier to roll north of town and build out a new campus. By the same token Alter defies the "soft" suburban stereotype a lot of people assume is the school's DNA. A whole lot of gym banners suggest otherwise..So they go at it again next week. The coaches have leaks to patch
Amen.

Alter fans talking about class when the knights warm up every year during stretches by going 1..2..3..4..5..kill..c..j..

Hilarious.

They've been doing that for a long time for every opponent because they do an achilles stretch... if you're offended by that, get a life. It's not a literal meaning. And CJ players were the ones yapping in their pregame at the 50 yard line while the Alter kids were running through their warm ups. Alter wanted the game more and if CJ kids want to make bold statements on social media, they should back it up. It's a two way street.

Stop crying Knight, I was down in the end zone and it was going both ways all game. Some former Youth Eagle football players now playing for Alter were running their mouths all night. Especially when up big at half.
Minor tried to go CJ as a Frosh, but his parents couldn't do it, finally Ed Choice scholarships were available to riverside families and it made it easier. Quincy played in the youth program since 3rd grade, The Henry brothers, both transferred from Meadowvale because their mom wanted them and could get them an actual education. CJ doesn't recruit, the facilities they built helped, but they don't. Every year we lose a ton of kids from the youth program because they just cant get in CJ, and like someone else mentioned we have lost some pretty big transfers also.
Trotwood fans better not be talking about Transfers either, one of the most active recruiting schools around next to Wayne.

As far as the game went, Alter punched CJ right in the mouth to start , and CJ helped them with terrible decisions late in the half that led to two big TD's (kicking to McDonald and leaving 50 seconds and the ball at midfield for Alter)
2nd half was a whole different story as CJ woke up, but down 28 was too much. Alter is good now that they are healthy. But Alter should never talk class. Nor transfers.

There's a legitimate complaint when it's on film of CJ kids twisting ankles and stomping on players. So I'm not whining. That's a fact. In general, kids always chirp, rivalry game or not. Not shaking hands with coaches is immature.

I can agree with you that CJ has had it's share of lost transfers such as Harrison, and that kids can't get into CJ academically. The same is at Alter. There was a stud feeder basketball player who was dunking in 8th grade on teams left and right but failed the placement test and didn't get accepted.

You CJ and Alter guys are really starting to grind my gears. Sound like a bunch of babies. Suck it up. I know your emotions are on 10 bc of the playoff rematch that awaits but for the love of God, quit complaining.

I’m keeping this short and simple. CJ knows they can beat Alter, just need to suck it up and clean some things up. Alter needs to know that the job is not finished and they need to keep the energy from the 1st game.

They've been doing that for a long time for every opponent because they do an achilles stretch... if you're offended by that, get a life. It's not a literal meaning. And CJ players were the ones yapping in their pregame at the 50 yard line while the Alter kids were running through their warm ups. Alter wanted the game more and if CJ kids want to make bold statements on social media, they should back it up. It's a two way street.
I always wonder how grown men know about kids talking smack on social media? Do you follow these kids or are you one of them? I hope you have a son or something telling you this...

Uh-oh...........Heard someone is looking for head coach again.
What is the point of that post? Why not just say Fenwick? You want to be first post on news, then post the whole news.
I’ll start the first rumor, Steve Chanell. His “xtra circulars” would go over well there. Just kidding. Wonder if McGlaughlins brother or even Majors could be swayed away from Lasalle for a head coaching oppurtunity

What is the point of that post? Why not just say Fenwick? You want to be first post on news, then post the whole news.
I’ll start the first rumor, Steve Chanell. His “xtra circulars” would go over well there. Just kidding. Wonder if McGlaughlins brother or even Majors could be swayed away from Lasalle for a head coaching oppurtunity
The same parents that fired Kreke for not being “transformational” would lose their ever loving minds if Chanel was their football coach. We would definitely need a “hard knocks” style tv show documenting that season. ??

The return of Freddie Cranford?

The same parents that fired Kreke for not being “transformational” would lose their ever loving minds if Chanel was their football coach. We would definitely need a “hard knocks” style tv show documenting that season. ??
Hard Knocks/Real Housewives. That would be the greatest

Return of Cranford would actually probably be a good fit. Maybe Snively will come back

I may be biased, but Fenwick’s Logan Miller deserves consideration for DPoY He is only a junior, but this is his second straight 100 tackle season!
He is a good player, but in my opinion not worthy of the award. Very cocky, shouldn’t strut around the field after a tackle.

I always wonder how grown men know about kids talking smack on social media? Do you follow these kids or are you one of them? I hope you have a son or something telling you this...

I'm pretty sure most parents have daughters and sons that share a text, tweet, or snapchat post about something to them whether it's prom drama, sports related, or a party on the weekend. In this day and age, it seems that more parents now have snapchats and twitter accounts vs just staying on facebook

I'm kind of nervous for Alter's defense this week now. My son told me that one of their starting DBs #24 is out with a concussion (also gave up 3 TDs to #4 on CJ), and another DB got suspended for fighting in the bathroom of the new arts wing.

Hard to beat the same team twice in a year and almost impossible to do it two weeks in a row. Smart money is on CJ.... at least by double digits.

Badin's defense doesn't get the credit they deserve. Have only allowed double figures in points once since the week 2 loss to Talawanda and that was a late Carroll TD.

Badin 17 Ross 7

CJ 28 Alter 14

I'm not sold on the return of Alter yet. Maybe they have righted the ship, but still in my mind is a 12pt loss to a bad Fenwick team, and the loss to Carroll.

Would love to see a Badin-Alter rematch in the playoffs. I think it would be a closer game this time around.

Heard that Branden McDonald is out for Alter. He still hasn't recovered from an injury he got from CJ twisting his ankle last week. I know two DB's are out (one got a concussion and other one is gone for fighting), and also heard that a WR failed a drug test today. I think CJ will win this game now because Alter has 4 crucial players out. I want my Knights to win but this seems like a big loss for tomorrow night.

Fighting, failing drug tests, threatening to kill opposing players. Dayton’s and GCL coeds version of the1980’s the “U”?

But the bigger rumor is Moxen Tweeter and Billy Bob Apparently went to the strip club last night and got really drunk just so happens one of their teachers was a stripper if she happens to turn them in they won’t be playing

Heard that Branden McDonald is out for Alter. He still hasn't recovered from an injury he got from CJ twisting his ankle last week. I know two DB's are out (one got a concussion and other one is gone for fighting), and also heard that a WR failed a drug test today. I think CJ will win this game now because Alter has 4 crucial players out. I want my Knights to win but this seems like a big loss for tomorrow night.

Can anyone confirm ??