2019 Eastern Buckeye Conference

Congrats to West Branch on a great win. The dukes say thank you, with Marlingtons win and your win it gave the Dukes the league title. Unfortunately many dont know this because the Alliance Ragview didn't feel the need to cover the game. No article !!! What a shame what a terrible newspaper. Mr. Cunningham 5 for 5 great day for your Warriors congrats.

Congrats to West Branch on a great win. The dukes say thank you, with Marlingtons win and your win it gave the Dukes the league title. Unfortunately many dont know this because the Alliance Ragview didn't feel the need to cover the game. No article !!! What a shame what a terrible newspaper. Mr. Cunningham 5 for 5 great day for your Warriors congrats.

Congrats to the Dukes. It was a 1 team race all year. Good things to come with such a young team.

Ok the tournament seeding is out, who's your team got and how do you think they will do?
As far as Marlington goes they open at home against Field. Now these 2 teams scrimmaged which isn't a great way to judge but Marlington had no problem. Now I'm not sure what was seen pitching wise. If Marlington plays up to there abilities they could be the dark horse to reach the district finals. Hoping Canton South does well. Unfortunately Louisville is I think the team to beat.

Ok the tournament seeding is out, who's your team got and how do you think they will do?
As far as Marlington goes they open at home against Field. Now these 2 teams scrimmaged which isn't a great way to judge but Marlington had no problem. Now I'm not sure what was seen pitching wise. If Marlington plays up to there abilities they could be the dark horse to reach the district finals. Hoping Canton South does well. Unfortunately Louisville is I think the team to beat.

Minerva (14 seed) plays Carrollton (15 seed) on Saturday. Winner plays #3 seed Steubenville.

Not sure how Minerva was seeded ahead to Carrollton since the swept us???

Marlington 4
Minerva 0

Carr was just too much for our line up, he game up 2 hits in the 1st inning and none after that. I was encouraged with our 2 sophomore pitchers, Barnes and Mayle. they both did a good job against a pretty solid lineup.

Marlington 4
Minerva 0

Carr was just too much for our line up, he game up 2 hits in the 1st inning and none after that. I was encouraged with our 2 sophomore pitchers, Barnes and Mayle. they both did a good job against a pretty solid lineup.

Yes your sophomores did a good job last night. Interested to see tonight, it's our senior night. Coach Ferrel in the past plays the seniors. One of them starts or DH's anyway. The other gets time. The third one is a great kid with only a few innings and one AB on the season. Oh and yes hes hitting 1000 lol. But hes that rare kid that just wants to be involved. He is the first person out of the dugout to chase fouls, works hard on the field. No negative attitude. Just a great kid. Gonna be rooting for him tonight. Fortunately we only have 3 seniors.

Yes your sophomores did a good job last night. Interested to see tonight, it's our senior night. Coach Ferrel in the past plays the seniors. One of them starts or DH's anyway. The other gets time. The third one is a great kid with only a few innings and one AB on the season. Oh and yes hes hitting 1000 lol. But hes that rare kid that just wants to be involved. He is the first person out of the dugout to chase fouls, works hard on the field. No negative attitude. Just a great kid. Gonna be rooting for him tonight. Fortunately we only have 3 seniors.

I hope he plays. I believe we are starting another sophomore today. I will stay in town and watch the JV game. Its really a meaningless game in a way so I bet Ferrell plays all of the senior but you will still have enough fire power to win the game. I like our coaches because the team is getting better every game.

I hope he plays. I believe we are starting another sophomore today. I will stay in town and watch the JV game. Its really a meaningless game in a way so I bet Ferrell plays all of the senior but you will still have enough fire power to win the game. I like our coaches because the team is getting better every game.

Yea last night they played fundamental baseball, they're going to be fine. I think next year Marlington will be even better considering they only play one senior. 4 of our top 5 pitchers come back. Like I mentioned earlier the one senior DH's plays some outfield and pitches in relief.
Question the 2 boys with the same last name and same first name but spelled differently, are they brothers?

Yea last night they played fundamental baseball, they're going to be fine. I think next year Marlington will be even better considering they only play one senior. 4 of our top 5 pitchers come back. Like I mentioned earlier the one senior DH's plays some outfield and pitches in relief.
Question the 2 boys with the same last name and same first name but spelled differently, are they brothers?

Carr is only a junior too??? Wow!! You will be loaded again next year!!

We have some family members on our varsity team but not those 2.

Kole Mayle and Cole Maley are not related.

Alex Kimble and Luke Kimble are brothers.

Jimmy Common and Shea Common are cousins.

There are some other brother and cousin combos at the JV level.

It's a shame hes been over used. I predicted this a month ago when he was throwing 90+ pitches twice a week in very cold conditions. As far as overall play its baseball and sometimes the team you know just doesn't show up.
Damn the kids only a sophomore and being over used. Shame on the coach. My opinion your ace shouldn't be throwing non league games. Anyway I hope he bounces back. He needs shut down for a week or so. I hate to say it but it's not like there in the league chase I believe. The weather doesn't look promising this week anyways. Marlington has Salem this week and a split locks up the title. Hope they get them in.

Cunningham hasn't been over used. Only threw over 90 once and averaging about 55 pitches per outing/110 per week. The kid trains extremely hard, maybe too hard, and is in great shape. And imo he had better stats than Bruni in the Alliance game. He's young, like Bruni, and will have off days, like Bruni, and if he stays healthy he'll be playing at the next level. WB is a very young team and with that you get inconsistency. And by the way it looks, the league is extremely weak this year.

Last edited:
Cunningham hasn't been over used. Only threw over 90 once and averaging about 55 pitches per outing.

They are keeping an eye on him then. Sounds like he had a couple of good outings in a row so he must not be tired. I think the OHSAA did a good job with pitch count rules a couple of years ago. Those rules alone should keep a kid from burning out. I do think that kids that pitch and catch tend to get dead arms late in the year. I have seen kids throw 120 pitches and then the next day catch and throw the ball back to the pitcher well over 100 times in a game.

Was surprised to see alliance picked up a game tonight vs. Waterloo??? Why?? Dont think Waterloo helps get the Aviators ready for the tournament . It definitely will help there stats I guess.
Louisville picked up woodridge tonight.
Marlington plays @ Hoover and Monday @ South Range. Not crazy about that pickup, 2 days before the tournament so they won't pitch any one. Nothing good can come out of this I'm guessing. But just my opinion.

Was surprised to see alliance picked up a game tonight vs. Waterloo??? Why?? Dont think Waterloo helps get the Aviators ready for the tournament . It definitely will help there stats I guess.
Louisville picked up woodridge tonight.
Marlington plays @ Hoover and Monday @ South Range. Not crazy about that pickup, 2 days before the tournament so they won't pitch any one. Nothing good can come out of this I'm guessing. But just my opinion.

Many coaches like to keep their team "on the field". Thought you did some coaching. Many different strategies. Nice win Marlington.

Many coaches like to keep their team "on the field". Thought you did some coaching. Many different strategies. Nice win Marlington.

I agree. The kids need to play as many games as possible because it's a short high school career and most won't play after high school. Take advantage of a nice day and play baseball. Marlington has plenty of pitching to play games.

Ok now that the league has wrapped up its first year...who were the big time players? Who is player of the year? I got sophomore Gavin Bruni as POY, I wanna say marlington will get 2/3 1st team selections led by Carr, Greiner, and Pucci

Ok now that the league has wrapped up its first year...who were the big time players? Who is player of the year? I got sophomore Gavin Bruni as POY, I wanna say marlington will get 2/3 1st team selections led by Carr, Greiner, and Pucci

Bruni is good choice for POY. I think you can probably add more from Marlington. Cunningham from WB is good and Phillipi form South. I didn't hear much about Lopez from Alliance this year. Did he have a good senior year?

Minerva had 3 good hitters = Seniors Hertel, Kimble and Bolanz. I am sure one of those will get 1st team. Bolanz is a good all around player. Not much else yet at Minerva other than may the big sophomore lefty Cole Mayle.

Great tournament game Saturday between Minerva and Carrollton. Minerva won 6-5 in 10 innings. Carrollton is a very young team and have a promising future. It was nice see Charlie Bolanz hit a walk off double in his last at bat on Carl Michael Field. Minerva travels to Steubenville to take on Big Red.. That's going to be a tough game for the Lions.

18-0 Yikes.... athletes in Minerva are a bit sparse these days....

3 "main varsity sports"

0-7 EBC in football
1-11 EBC in baseball
4-8 EBC in basketball

times change and athletes come and go.... only gonna go up for Minerva in future

Go Lions

Well, EBC sports will now fall off the first page of every sport thread on Yappi. It speaks volumes as to the state of this new league. I guess, maybe, next year will be better for coverage and interest. Honestly, I miss the old NBC because we could count on Louisville posters getting everybody riled up and we would have discussions. Now, the only EBC threads are Minerva Football. Do I even have to mention how poor the league is when the only people who care are 0-40 fans. Thanks ADs and Administrators all over the EBC for a memorable year.

Well, EBC sports will now fall off the first page of every sport thread on Yappi. It speaks volumes as to the state of this new league. I guess, maybe, next year will be better for coverage and interest. Honestly, I miss the old NBC because we could count on Louisville posters getting everybody riled up and we would have discussions. Now, the only EBC threads are Minerva Football. Do I even have to mention how poor the league is when the only people who care are 0-40 fans. Thanks ADs and Administrators all over the EBC for a memorable year.

Lol coming from a guy that makes his first post on an ebc thread literally after the entire year of sports is over?! The ebc football thread was busy all year bud..unfortunately people don’t really talk much baseball on here anyway but there are quite a few of EBC backers on here..lol they can keep the Louisville posters on their own thread tho ??