2019 D7 Region 25

Yup did it last year a bunch, I believe McDonald was 3 away from D7 in 2018. Just ran into a great Mogadore team that took Kirtland to the wire the very next week. Still, 2020 looks like it’ll be a very good team.

As for this week it should be a great game. Got lots of respect for both Lucas and CH, but in the end I hope the cubs can break through to the final 4. Won’t be easy, Coach Martin is one of the best at CH and they got some talent and experience.
Agreed. Maybe Ill catch you at a game :cool:. Remember the Mcdonald- Dalton game? That was a good one

Yup did it last year a bunch, I believe McDonald was 3 away from D7 in 2018. Just ran into a great Mogadore team that took Kirtland to the wire the very next week. Still, 2020 looks like it’ll be a very good team.

As for this week it should be a great game. Got lots of respect for both Lucas and CH, but in the end I hope the cubs can break through to the final 4. Won’t be easy, Coach Martin is one of the best at CH and they got some talent and experience.
[/QUOTE]

No doubt In my mind that the 2018 McDonald team wins region 25 if they were in Division 7 last year.

Last edited:
They were dang good. A ton of speed. The RB was tough too!

Thanks dnis30. Aquinas sure could have used the two quick 200 pound linebackers that were not eligible the second half of the season. I still think Lucas would have won anyway but maybe it would have been a 7 point loss rather than 14. Lucas is a very, very good team. Solid to great players at every position and good team speed. Good luck against Cuyahoga Heights, like Lucas, a very classy well coached program.

BTW, do you have the stats for the Aquinas game, the Canton paper did not report them. I know team reported stats to news outlets vary a little but they are usually pretty close. I am not sure what Aquinas had the stats at, but I was curious to see what Lucas had for the game stats. I know Aquinas QB now has the school record for single season TD passes at 28.

Thanks dnis30. Aquinas sure could have used the two quick 200 pound linebackers that were not eligible the second half of the season. I still think Lucas would have won anyway but maybe it would have been a 7 point loss rather than 14. Lucas is a very, very good team. Solid to great players at every position and good team speed. Good luck against Cuyahoga Heights, like Lucas, a very classy well coached program.

BTW, do you have the stats for the Aquinas game, the Canton paper did not report them. I know team reported stats to news outlets vary a little but they are usually pretty close. I am not sure what Aquinas had the stats at, but I was curious to see what Lucas had for the game stats. I know Aquinas QB now has the school record for TD passes at 28.
The only stats I have seen was Tommy Zirzow ran for 270 yards and 5 TDs. I think the other back (Sauder) had 55 or so. We did not attempt a pass.