Site predictions:

Since Ed's v Euclid will probably be at Byers and if Lakewood is not available>
Benedictine v Avon: BW or North Roylton
Avon Lake v Wadsworth: Brunswick or Strongville

Site predictions:

Since Ed's v Euclid will probably be at Byers and if Lakewood is not available>
Benedictine v Avon: BW or North Roylton
Avon Lake v Wadsworth: Brunswick or Strongville
Alternative is Benedictine uses Lakewood, while St. Edward get Bedford (I would not be a fan of this)

#freeFrGirard

Alternative is Benedictine uses Lakewood, while St. Edward get Bedford (I would not be a fan of this)

#freeFrGirard
Lakewood would be the ideal site for Avon vs Benedictine, but an earlier post indicated Lakewood might be unavailable for a playoff game.

#freeFrGirard

While Bedford is a good size for the Euclid v St. Edward game I have to think they will put them in the biggest stadium between them which is Byers. A smaller Division game will probably end up at Bedford like Mayfield v Hoban or Streetsboro v Chardon.

While Bedford is a good size for the Euclid v St. Edward game I have to think they will put them in the biggest stadium between them which is Byers. A smaller Division game will probably end up at Bedford like Mayfield v Hoban or Streetsboro v Chardon.

I'm hearing neither of those are correct.

Avon vs Benedictine at Byers.

That works well for both teams. I would expect Avon to fill up a good portion of the large home side on Byers; Benny on the other hand is a quarter of the size of Avon, no girls and half the male enrollment figure, so there will be plenty of open seats on the visitors side for neutral fans coming to the game.

That works well for both teams. I would expect Avon to fill up a good portion of the large home side on Byers; Benny on the other hand is a quarter of the size of Avon, no girls and half the male enrollment figure, so there will be plenty of open seats on the visitors side for neutral fans coming to the game.
There will be plenty of empty seats on each side, I'm sure. Avon will bring a decent crowd, but Byers is a big place.

i remember that game.....avon lake vs Nordonia....and yes byers was pretty full.
I remember the field was frozen and the avon lake kids were slipping and sliding while it looked like Nordonia had good traction.....I think Avon Lake had improper shoes for the weater conditions...I think Nordonia had Mabin in that game right?

I also remember seeing Avon lake vs Chardon at Byers and Avon Lake was the visiting team.......there was so much traffic on ridge we ended up getting there late, and had to sit on the home side because the visitor side was full....

What happened to those days....i was at the AL vs Maple game and it was a pretty sad almost pathetic atmosphere for a playoff game.......

i also recall the many playoff games out west at Fremont which is a pretty good haul, and those games were always packed..........

Is high school football on that much of a decline???

i also recall the many playoff games out west at Fremont which is a pretty good haul, and those games were always packed..........

As to your last question...

Unfortunately, yes.

All football levels, (NFL, NCAA, HS) attendance is down except for the very big teams or the big match ups.

i remember that game.....avon lake vs Nordonia....and yes byers was pretty full.
I remember the field was frozen and the avon lake kids were slipping and sliding while it looked like Nordonia had good traction.....I think Avon Lake had improper shoes for the weater conditions...I think Nordonia had Mabin in that game right?
Dan Macon got hurt in the green game so put qb tom.stockle at rb.Was a freaky game avon lake had freaky turnovers. Avon.lake fans did stay for a while.Never ever see a team have unexplained turnovers like that game.

Stockle.....yeah i remember that name now...........Nordonia made it to the championship game that year didnt they? They had some pretty tough teams.....and some pretty elite talent come out of there....... I want to say Avon Lake played Nordonia another time as well....when Mabin was playing?? I think he might have been a freshman....and i remember being so impressed with the kid.....being a freshman as well......maybe i am off base

i might be confusing two games, but i remember all the turnovers, and i also remember a game with icy conditions.......guess im getting too old...hehehe

Stockle.....yeah i remember that name now...........Nordonia made it to the championship game that year didnt they? They had some pretty tough teams.....and some pretty elite talent come out of there....... I want to say Avon Lake played Nordonia another time as well....when Mabin was playing?? I think he might have been a freshman....and i remember being so impressed with the kid.....being a freshman as well......maybe i am off base
I remember seeing Mabin play when Nordonia and O Falls had a playoff game down in Brunswick. I think it was 06 and he lit Falls up that game. I’m pretty sure that year was his senior year.

Weather is expected to be cold Friday, mid 20s in the evening. I have to think this benefits teams with the better defenses. Avon Lake probably sees the best bump, maybe Avon too?

i might be confusing two games, but i remember all the turnovers, and i also remember a game with icy conditions.......guess im getting too old...hehehe
It was the same game 2002 nordonia vs avon lake.Do you still go to avon lake games?.I was there in 2003 when you won it all. 2004 was so cold.Columbus Brookhaven was awesome.

Last edited:
Weather is expected to be cold Friday, mid 20s in the evening. I have to think this benefits teams with the better defenses. Avon Lake probably sees the best bump, maybe Avon too?
I think both Avon Lake and Wadsworth want to run. Probably no advantage to either.

Avon will take whatever the defense allows. Tough passing conditions would probably hurt Benedictine more than Avon, in that it could take the Bengals fleet receivers out of the game.

I would hope for calm conditions. I like when all teams can play to their strengths and let the better team win.