2019 Cleveland Browns

So Freddie is a scapegoat and the coaching door has to stop revolving. Just swallow your pride and admit you were wrong when you were banging the drum a few weeks ago to keep him. But I’ll agree with you that Dorsey and Haslams are responsible for hiring him but regardless Freddie had a job to do and failed miserably. He and his staff take their medicine on this one.

This

joesports is Wile E Coyote. He rides his opinions right over the cliff every time. :ROFLMAO:

SoulfulAcclaimedKouprey.webp

This is a shame.....

Sounds like Riverboat Ron got Bruce Allen fired at the Redskins as a condition of employment. It's a start....

If he has to be King of All Football for whatever job he takes, I guess I don't want him here.

I'm sure there are plenty of details that we will never know. As he was fired weeks ago, I have to believe that they spoke at some point.

Scapegoat, huh ?

There is some truth to what you post, in greater or lesser degrees for each point. Whoop-de-doo, joe. He obviously couldn't overcome these problems or any of his own. Very little besides the penalties got any better at all through the season, and some got worse.

Waffle House Fred was obviously both a source of many difficulties and a failure at heading off many other difficulties. Gameday and season-long difficulties. EVERY head coach was once a first-time head coach, and there is an inevitable "sink or swim" aspect to every one of them. They ALL are "in over their heads" on day one, and they have to swim. Freddie sunk. It takes an idiot to blame others for Freddie's personal failings as an NFL Head Coach.

Get on the Freddie Excuse Train if you want. You won't have me there if you do.
No, no .... that was not my point ... Freddie dug his own grave ... my point was everybody seems to think that just because Freddie is gone all the problems are solved ... I believe there are more problems than just Freddie

By the way ... I heard your boy Hue Jackson on the radio today ... he was asked if Haslam was too hands on ... he said no ... but he did say that they were not aligned correctly ... too many people reporting directly to him ... it did not allow for a singular message ... I think he is right and I think this needs to be fixed ... I would like to see it like this:

owner ... pays for things and picks team president
team president ... in charge of all off field components ... and hires GM & coach
GM ... in charge of getting players & helps hire coach & scouting
coach ... in charge of selecting 53 man roster

I believe this misalignment since Jimmy has taken over is one of the main problems with this organization

No, no .... that was not my point ... Freddie dug his own grave ... my point was everybody seems to think that just because Freddie is gone all the problems are solved ... I believe there are more problems than just Freddie

By the way ... I heard your boy Hue Jackson on the radio today ... he was asked if Haslam was too hands on ... he said no ... but he did say that they were not aligned correctly ... too many people reporting directly to him ... it did not allow for a singular message ... I think he is right and I think this needs to be fixed ... I would like to see it like this:

owner ... pays for things and picks team president
team president ... in charge of all off field components ... and hires GM & coach
GM ... in charge of getting players & helps hire coach & scouting
coach ... in charge of selecting 53 man roster

I believe this misalignment since Jimmy has taken over is one of the main problems with this organization

Literally NO ONE said this^

My boy Hue is pretty rich. Strawman much ?

I'd imagine Dorsey is auditioning for "team President". There are prototypical NFL titles that Haslam has not awarded after his first hiring/house cleaning, and I'm not crazy about his more recent "co-equal leaders" model, either. I'm sure it worked fine in the business he grew up in and knows backward and forward, but not in the NFL for him. Sashi was never named GM, but VP Ops. I always had the impression that he was going slowly and letting people show their worth after the Banner/Lombardi power struggle he started with after taking the NFL's advice and hiring them initially when he bought the team. He's gun shy.

Maybe Haslam hopes to recreate the administrative mess he has at Pilot Fluid J. It worked wonders in keeping him from getting indicted. Have as many people in the chain to provide plenty of scapegoats when things invariably go to $h!+.

Oh, and Jarvis gave an interview where he said the team needs leadership. I wonder if he has a mirror. Bunch of finger pointing dimwits.

Last edited:
From a Brier SI article:

If you don’t believe McDaniels is ready for a head coaching job, look no further than the detailed plan he has for staffing. Redskins offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell is on his plan, along with Colts secondary coach Jonathan Gannon, who coached in Indianapolis the last two years because he was on McDaniels’s Ohio-heavy Colts staff list. To get the Cleveland native Gannon this time around, McDaniels would, presumably, have to make him defensive coordinator.

I think McDaniels would take either the Cleveland job or the Carolina job, if things are structured right.

Looking at next years schedule, at least 10-11 wins should be the expectation.

Maybe the expectation is 10-11 wins by looking at a schedule; the Least is looking at the schedule saying other than Baltimore, 3 wins.

Looking at next years schedule, at least 10-11 wins should be the expectation.
I have them at 12.
Depending on whom they draft and pick as coach that easily can reach 13-14.

I think 15-16 wins is a little out of reach at this point though.

I have them at 12.
Depending on whom they draft and pick as coach that easily can reach 13-14.

I think 15-16 wins is a little out of reach at this point though.
You are trolling but a glance at the schedule reveals, outside of Baltimore, a bunch of average or worse teams. No excuse to not have success against that schedule.

From a Brier SI article:

If you don’t believe McDaniels is ready for a head coaching job, look no further than the detailed plan he has for staffing. Redskins offensive coordinator Kevin O’Connell is on his plan, along with Colts secondary coach Jonathan Gannon, who coached in Indianapolis the last two years because he was on McDaniels’s Ohio-heavy Colts staff list. To get the Cleveland native Gannon this time around, McDaniels would, presumably, have to make him defensive coordinator.

I think McDaniels would take either the Cleveland job or the Carolina job, if things are structured right.

I would imagine that every 2+ year OC in the league that has experienced a measure of success has a "detailed plan for staffing". They all network, and few aspire to stop at the OC level. There is nothing the least bit compelling in your statement there^, to me.

What matters is - Do you think McDaniels has brought anything uniquely his own to the success of Brady, Belichick, and the Patriots ? Or - Can McDaniels manage the diverse personalities of players and staff ? Or - Do you feel OK that he drafted Tebow that highly in Denver ? Or - Does this guy demand to bring a nearly complete organization with him, or is he capable of working with Wolf and Dorsey ? Is he for some reason worthy of that kind of organizational dominance, having had marginal HC success in Denver ?

So he has a staff in mind.....whoopee, I guess.

Maybe Haslam hopes to recreate the administrative mess he has at Pilot Fluid J. It worked wonders in keeping him from getting indicted. Have as many people in the chain to provide plenty of scapegoats when things invariably go to $h!+.

Oh, and Jarvis gave an interview where he said the team needs leadership. I wonder if he has a mirror. Bunch of finger pointing dimwits.

You sure have a habit of getting caught up in a bunch of noise. You're a feather in the wind sometimes. R-E-L-A-X.......

Landry should be happy, he’s been able to fool people into believing he’s a pro bowl caliber wideout while padding stats on bad teams that have to throw 25 5 yd passes late in games.

Landry should be happy, he’s been able to fool people into believing he’s a pro bowl caliber wideout while padding stats on bad teams that have to throw 25 5 yd passes late in games.
Eh,
I think he is a top caliber WR and just stuck on bad teams in his career.