2019 Cleveland Browns

good call.......lol

jtk
()

The Browns pretty much contained him. I was really shocked how NE struggled with him, especially in the first half.

There was a graphic posted last night showing how NE had one of the easiest first half schedules and one of the hardest second half schedules. They may have a few more losses in the near future.

What to you think that locker room was like after that loss and the fly home.Why should I bust my butt at practice if I'm not going to get the ball...BAM!

If I'm John Dorsey, I swallow my pride and bring in Joe Thomas as a consultant to help determine who would be the best offensive linemen to draft. Kush is ranked 56th out of 58 right guards in the NFL and Teller looked lost while he was in there. Austin Corbett was shipped out and the two Dorsey brought in, McCray and Teller, are underwhelming, and that's being kind.

I laughed my *** off reading Whitehead's eloquent and grammatically correct apology. Apparently, between Sunday and Tuesday he learned English.

With each game the Browns lose, Dave Gettleman looks a little smarter.

Whoa, let's pump the brakes on that, at least for the moment. Daniel Jones isn't making anyone's all-rookie team. Vernon is looking like the player everyone expected him to be the last few games. Are you saying that you would turn down the Beckham trade? Because Kitchens/Mayfield haven't figured out how to use him is no reflection on Beckham. He's still one of the top five receivers in the game. His personality is no different than it was in NY. Gettleman isn't looking smarter, but Kitchens is looking dumber, and so, to a degree, is Dorsey, particularly when it comes to evaluating offensive linemen. I know both teams are 2-6, but I'd still rather have the Browns' roster than the Giants'.

I laughed my *** off reading Whitehead's eloquent and grammatically correct apology. Apparently, between Sunday and Tuesday he learned English.

Aw, c'mon, Clark, give the guy a break. He merely violated the well-established rule to never write or speak for public consumption when you're upset. Jermaine was a bit piqued. That Dustin Fox would have legitimate cause for a temporary restraining order notwithstanding, Mr. Whitehead comported himself in a dignified and articulate manner. Now, if the son of a could just tackle.....

Last edited:
Whoa, let's pump the brakes on that, at least for the moment. Daniel Jones isn't making anyone's all-rookie team. Vernon is looking like the player everyone expected him to be the last few games. Are you saying that you would turn down the Beckham trade? Because Kitchens/Mayfield haven't figured out how to use him is no reflection on Beckham. He's still one of the top five receivers in the game. His personality is no different than it was in NY. Gettleman isn't looking smarter, but Kitchens is looking dumber, and so, to a degree, is Dorsey, particularly when it comes to evaluating offensive linemen. I know both teams are 2-6, but I'd still rather have the Browns' roster than the Giants'.

No, not at all. My point is that those seemed like no doubter trades to start but with the Browns performance they don't look quite so uneven at this point.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have never been an OBJ fan!

No, not at all. My point is that those seemed like no doubter trades to start but with the Browns performance they don't look quite so uneven at this point.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have never been an OBJ fan!

But the Browns' performance that doesn't make Gettleman any wiser, that was my point. I think Beckham wore out his welcome because he's an attention-monger. But, like him or not, from a pure football standpoint, if they figure it out, he can be a game-changer. I'd make that trade everyday.

HC/OC just not as good as last half of the season last year with Jackson gone,should have rolled with them again.

But the Browns' performance that doesn't make Gettleman any wiser, that was my point. I think Beckham wore out his welcome because he's an attention-monger. But, like him or not, from a pure football standpoint, if they figure it out, he can be a game-changer. I'd make that trade everyday.

I think your point is a good one. It's the perception that Beckham's worth less as his numbers decrease. The reality is that the numbers are dependent at this juncture on a bad offense not being able to properly utilize him.

In the end, the value in any trade is determined by history, that being what becomes of the picks and players. The Browns got a huge haul for the pick that became Julio Jones. In the final analysis, Atlanta got he better end of the deal because the Browns turned the picks into a large pile of dog ****. We'll see what becomes of the first and third picks (and Peppers) that the Giants received for OBJ.

I think your point is a good one. It's the perception that Beckham's worth less as his numbers decrease. The reality is that the numbers are dependent at this juncture on a bad offense not being able to properly utilize him.

In the end, the value in any trade is determined by history, that being what becomes of the picks and players. The Browns got a huge haul for the pick that became Julio Jones. In the final analysis, Atlanta got he better end of the deal because the Browns turned the picks into a large pile of dog ****. We'll see what becomes of the first and third picks (and Peppers) that the Giants received for OBJ.

Not a fan of Phil Taylor, Greg Little, Owen Marecic, and Brandon Weeden?

Will be interesting to see if old Freddie knows how to utilize Kareem Hunt, now that he's back. I'll beat the dead horse for the 1000th time but 12 personnel, Baker under center and run, run, run.

Greg Roman (Baltimore OC) knows Lamar Jackson's limitations but is tailoring his offense to what he does well. The Browns should be doing the same with BM.

Everyone thinks putting him in the shotgun is advantageous where it's actually allowing defense to adapt to him and cut down on his throwing lanes. Utilizing play action, with Hunt & Chubb, will reduce that and open things up for OBJ & Landry. Oh, and try rolling out to the left once in a while. Heard an interview with Aqib Talib and he said that when he was still with the Rams their game plan was to force him to roll right and they had him right where they wanted him. Too predictable.

Last edited:
Funny how that's the move when a major concern when he was coming out was whether he'd be able to go under center. I'm old fashioned. I hate a team relying on the shotgun. Some colleges and high schools have become so reliant upon it that they can't go under center in short yardage. Makes me nuts.

Will be interesting to see if old Freddie knows how to utilize Kareem Hunt, now that he's back. I'll beat the dead horse for the 1000th time but 12 personnel, Baker under center and run, run, run.

Greg Roman (Baltimore OC) knows Lamar Jackson's limitations but is tailoring his offense to what he does well. The Browns should be doing the same with BM.

Everyone thinks putting him in the shotgun is advantageous where it's actually allowing defense to adapt to him and cut down on his throwing lanes. Utilizing play action, with Hunt & Chubb, will reduce that and open thinks up for OBJ & Landry. Oh, and try rolling out to the left once in a while. Heard an interview with Aqib Talib and he said that when he was still with the Rams their game plan was to force him to roll right and they had him right where they wanted him. Too predictable.

Speaking of being too predictable, heard another interview where breaking down tape of the Browns in down and distance scenarios, they ran the same freaking play almost every time in most of the third down scenarios. If that isn't the most damning statement about Freddie Kitchens' play-calling, then nothing is. Also, BR, did you see the statistical breakdown of the Browns' efficiency using 11 personnel versus 12 personnel? Just what you said: using the two tight ends, an RB, two wideouts, and Baker Mayfield under center works better than splitting three wide, using one tight end, and occasionally emptying the backfield and putting Mayfield in the gun. But, guess what formation they use the majority of the time?

Here we go already...
I noticed Kevin Stefanski isn’t on the list. As a Vikings fan, I have mixed feelings about him as an OC. On the one hand, I like that he uses a FB a lot in the run game and pounds teams down with Cook and the rookie RB. On the other hand, you have a stellar WR duo and a Pro Bowl TE, but the offense isn’t as prolific as it should be. Many are quick to blame Cousins for that, and they might be right.

Greg Roman was mentioned in an earlier post. He should be a candidate to replace Freddie, though he would not be in my top three.

As of now I would go McCarthy, Jim Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley...in that order.

McCarthy is a successful veteran coach and would bring this team together. I also believe Baker would do well in his West Coast O version.

I am not a fan of Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, but I am a fan of his as an NFL coach. He will win. But would he tie himself to Baker? Not sure. Would he work for Dorsey? Doubtful. He would want complete control and I don’t think Haslam would fire Dorsey this soon.

Riley is NFL unproven, but the Browns invested heavy in Baker and nobody knows how to use Baker better than Riley.

Last edited:
The Browns OL is bad. Makes it hard to do anything well. Add a bad OC and/or HC who is seemingly stubborn or unable to adjust, and you get this year’s Browns offense.

Greg Roman was mentioned in an earlier post. He should be a candidate to replace Freddie, though he would not be in my top three.

As of now I would go McCarthy, Jim Harbaugh, Lincoln Riley...in that order.

McCarthy is a successful veteran coach and would bring this team together. I also believe Baker would do well in his West Coast O version.

I am not a fan of Jim Harbaugh at Michigan, but I am a fan of his as an NFL coach. He will win. But would he tie himself to Baker? Not sure. Would he work for Dorsey? Doubtful. He would want complete control and I don’t think Haslam would fire Dorsey this soon.

Riley is NFL unproven, but the Browns invested heavy in Baker and nobody knows how to use Baker better than Riley.

Please take McCarthy off the market before Art II can bring him in.