2019 Cleveland Browns

The NFLPA contacted the NFL after Titans players had beer thrown at them when they jumped into the Dawg Pound after that pick 6. Bunch of es. Don't jump into the opponents stands when you're playing away.

Lowkey, the Browns division is up for grabs. Unless the Ravens keep playing the way they played last week, it is up for anyone.

Lowkey, the Browns division is up for grabs. Unless the Ravens keep playing the way they played last week, it is up for anyone.

Bengals beat the Colts and the Buccaneers put up almost 50 on the Saints in week 1 last year and both of those teams bounced back. It's a long season...

Quit the blaming o officials. The radio guys were doing the same. The NFL wants Cleveland to do well so expect the OFFICIALS TO BEND over backwards to help em win

Throwing beer on opposing team players is juvenile, ridiculous and wrong. I know it’s not just a Browns thing and would happen in every city. I’m ok with the players association trying to do something about it maybe identify a few and hold them accountable then perhaps the jerks will think twice.

Throwing beer on opposing team players is juvenile, ridiculous and wrong. I know it’s not just a Browns thing and would happen in every city. I’m ok with the players association trying to do something about it maybe identify a few and hold them accountable then perhaps the jerks will think twice.

Yeah, I get the "juvenile" part but let's look at it this way....if you have a fence, a neighbor climbs over that fence, and gets bit by your dog, your neighbor gets what they deserve. The fan should be punished (which he will) but so should the player (which he won't). The only reason that player jumped into the stands was to rub it in the opposing fans faces. In that case, "buyer beware." You get what you get.

Quit the blaming o officials. The radio guys were doing the same. The NFL wants Cleveland to do well so expect the OFFICIALS TO BEND over backwards to help em win

Most of the calls that the Browns were called for were deserved. Vrabel had a great game plan. He contacted the Colts, prior to the game, and knew that if the Titans egged on the Browns players, that they could be a bit thin skinned/rattled. My issue was the blatant missed calls by the refs AGAINST the Titans. Guess it's easy to see why they are the least penalized team in the league when the refs won't throw the flags on them.

BS

I blame the loss on sloppy, emotional play, impatient and emotional play-calling, a QB that didn't know when to quit a play and throw the ball away, and random dumbness.

That^ in bold is just stupidity, however. What, are you lining up your excuses for the Steelers games ?

Most of the calls that the Browns were called for were deserved. Vrabel had a great game plan. He contacted the Colts, prior to the game, and knew that if the Titans egged on the Browns players, that they could be a bit thin skinned/rattled. My issue was the blatant missed calls by the refs AGAINST the Titans. Guess it's easy to see why they are the least penalized team in the league when the refs won't throw the flags on them.

My guess is that the game officials had heard about enough Browns hype coming in to the game, and then when they heard and saw the players acting out the way they did, they got to the point where they wanted to slap them down a bit. You can practically call holding any time you want on either offensive side, but I'm guessing that they found the Browns more offensive - if you know what I mean.

Last edited:
For what it's worth:

* To throw beer, which is what $15 a cup, on a player may be emotionally satisfying but fiscally irresponsible.

* It was completely unacceptable for a TN player to do the Lambeau leap into the Dog Pond. Period, end of sentence. To me the Titans should have been penalized 15 yards for the equivalent of taunting.

Couple of reminders:
- Patriots started 1-2 last season
- Titans beat the Patriots 34-10 last season
- Patriots won the Super Bowl

Let's not despair just yet. But Brownies really need to do a few things:
- clean up the penalties
- solidify the O-Line play
- Baker needs to go back to getting rid of the ball quick. He tried to do too much and held the ball too long.

Sam Darnold ruled OUT with mono. Trevor Siemian to start. Lev Bell & CJ Moseley may also be out.

Last edited:
Sam Darnold ruled OUT with mono. Trevor Siemian to start. Lev Bell & CJ Moseley may also be out.
Imagine being so frustrated with your team's offense and crazy-eyed coach that you make out with half of New Jersey just so you don;t have to play.

Imagine being so frustrated with your team's offense and crazy-eyed coach that you make out with half of New Jersey just so you don;t have to play.

One of the beat writers from NY was on 92.3 yesterday and has written a story about how Gase would've preferred Mayfield over Darnold in last year's draft for Miami. Obviously, neither were available.

I may just enjoy the solitude of working in the yard/mowing the grass while I listen to the game on the earphones (while I mumble obscenities).

Sorry guys, "must win" for anyone who had any preseason expectations of this team. With all that Dorsey's done and all of this hype, it's "playoffs or bust." If they go 0-2, to a team starting Siemian, that is banged up, this season will likely spiral out of control with the Rams, Ravens & Niners (who are playing better than expected) on the horizon. Historically, teams that have started 0-2 have about a 12% chance of making the playoffs. I'm not about "good seasons" at this point.