2019 Cleveland Browns

Same old Browns.

At least tickets will be affordable again.
giphy.gif

Last edited:
Predicted 12 wins and they still reach that mark. Clear up a few penalties and they will get to 12

I've been season ticket holder since 99, and today ranks as one of the biggest (of many) disappointments.

I had not even been to a game in nearly 2 years. And came back for this? Geesh.

I'm with Brian. 7-9 may be ceiling.

Lots of people jumping off of that bandwagon all of a sudden, many who were unabashed Dorsey and Kitchens nuthuggers not all that long ago.

The reality is that this is still a growing building team. They aren't as good as the overly optimistic predicted nor are they as bad as when we saw yesterday. Hopefully, that -whuppin' woke them up.

Lots of people jumping off of that bandwagon all of a sudden, many who were unabashed Dorsey and Kitchens nuthuggers not all that long ago.

Who's out now, besides that 12.27 IQ poster ?

My only beef with Dorsey is not going after Nate Solder when the Pats didn't want to pay up. Especially if he was going to deem Zeitler expendable. At least be rock solid at LT if you're going to screw around with the rest of the O-line.

The reality is that this is still a growing building team. They aren't as good as the overly optimistic predicted nor are they as bad as when we saw yesterday. Hopefully, that -whuppin' woke them up.

My issue with Kitchens is that his play calling was terrible. They were down by 9 after that 75 yard TD by the Titans and he panicked. What happened to the "we want to establish the run" game plan? Believe it or not, even with all of these receiving weapons, the Browns are set up to be a "run first" team. Baker thrives off play action.

Chubb rips off a 9 yard run then they throw two incomplete passes? W-T-F? Then Robinson gets ejected, they are inside their own 2 yard line and they decide to run a play action pass, with Mayfield's back to the defense (in his own end zone) with a brand new LT (Lamm)?

Mayfield threw the ball 38x's and Chubb got 17 carries. The game was still within reach (9 points down) and Freddie starts calling pass plays like he's going to make it up with ONE play. VERY frustrating.

All is not lost but Kitchens better realize that putting Baker in the gun every down isn't going to do it. This team won't commit 18 penalties every game nor will they be playing musical chairs with the O-Line every game so that leaves it down to the play calling. That needs to improve.

Speaking of O-Line. I heard it got so bad that they were giving Ogunjobi & Njoku crash courses on how to play OL in case of another injury.

This team has way too much talent to be a bottom feeder. I expect to see improvement, going forward. if they can somehow come out of the first 8 games at .500, the last 8 games aren't that difficult.

Browns played some undisciplined football on Sunday but they got jobbed on quite a few calls too. Saw several screenshots of missed penalties on Tennessee. One being a Browns defender being mugged, in a blatant holding call, right in front of Henry on that 75 yard TD. Titans O-Lineman is hugging the defender, pushing him toward the sideline, out of the play. That play, which pretty much changed the momentum of the game (Browns quit after that) could've gone for a short gain or possibly a loss if the defender doesn't get held.

Pamper Preseason starter players and the Game day comes the timing off, of the speed of the game misunderstood, unexpected opponent reaction time is off..... Not prepared to take the hits..... = L

At least the Browns found their Kicker - Greg Robinson showed some leg strength. He will be like Lou 'the Toe' Groza, play OL and K.