Votes: 7 10.3%
  • 2-8

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 1-9

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 0-10

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
CatsCatsCats...Congrats on a great season & good showing against Elder.
I realize that for most programs a great year now & then is acceptable. I think you guys under Douglas have moved beyond that now. You now expect to win every season. Bully for you. You should.
A the "Ville" it is beginning to appear that mediocre is OK for our soccer mom community. For us football alums this was/is not the case & never will be.
I don't know Coach Ullery, I'm sure he is a fine Coach and individual. But he signed on to run a program that has been built on 40 years of winning and excellence in developing players.
Curse or not, that IS who we are. He's now had 4 years to produce that product on the field. He has the finest facilities around...He has 1000 boys to groom from and he has oodles of tradition & alumni support to fall back on.
This is a Big Boy football school and we expect Big Boy football results. Deliver them or move on...That's it.

At the "Ville" it is beginning to appear that mediocre is OK for our soccer mom community. For us football alums this was/is not the case & never will be. I don't know Coach Ullery, I'm sure he is a fine Coach and individual. But he signed on to run a program that has been built on 40 years of winning and excellence in developing players. Curse or not, that IS who we are. He's now had 4 years to produce that product on the field. He has the finest facilities around...He has 1000 boys to groom from and he has oodles of tradition & alumni support to fall back on. This is a Big Boy football school and we expect Big Boy football results. Deliver them or move on...That's it.
I agree that if he doesn't deliver next season with a 7-3 or 8-2 record & playoffs, his 4th season might be his last. I disagree that the Ville excepts mediocrity. Football program is still trying to find the balance between its 40 year heritage and today's game of football.

Centerville never quit at Springfield. Springfield also played the worst 2nd half they played the entire season that game. Lets remember that game was 27-0 at one point and on verge of being 34-0 before a fumble happened. Elks also gave up 550 yards that game as well. I think they will probably be favorites for league this year especially if Linkhart and Harrison continue to develop. Have to fix the defense though gave up 312 yards/ game and 25 points. Good luck to Elks next year hope they stick with Ullery even though word around is some others don’t feel the sameway about him
Ullery will be back. Elks offense should score some points with Harrison, Linkhart, and Smith back. Need to replace RB, but have some good options returning. Elks' defense was bad again - couldn't stop the run, pass, or scoring. The problem here starts with the DC who didn't run the right schemes and coverage to match personnel. If OL/DL improves, the Elks should compete for the GWOC.

CatsCatsCats...Congrats on a great season & good showing against Elder.
I realize that for most programs a great year now & then is acceptable. I think you guys under Douglas have moved beyond that now. You now expect to win every season. Bully for you. You should.
A the "Ville" it is beginning to appear that mediocre is OK for our soccer mom community. For us football alums this was/is not the case & never will be.
I don't know Coach Ullery, I'm sure he is a fine Coach and individual. But he signed on to run a program that has been built on 40 years of winning and excellence in developing players.
Curse or not, that IS who we are. He's now had 4 years to produce that product on the field. He has the finest facilities around...He has 1000 boys to groom from and he has oodles of tradition & alumni support to fall back on.
This is a Big Boy football school and we expect Big Boy football results. Deliver them or move on...That's it.
He(Centerville) has the finest facilities around? You either have not seen our facilities or others. There have been efforts to upgrade locker room and weight room but for whatever political reason it does not get done.

He(Centerville) has the finest facilities around? You either have not seen our facilities or others. There have been efforts to upgrade locker room and weight room but for whatever political reason it does not get done.
Centerville football stadium and locker room are a joke for a D1 school our size with our tradition. Worst in the GWOC

No, I havn't seen the current facilities. I guess the rest of the league has really been upgrading then in the last 20 years. In 2004 Centerville stadium & weight room was considered first class for a HS. Just ASSumed that upgrades had been continuous. Thats kind of surprising...

No, I havn't seen the current facilities. I guess the rest of the league has really been upgrading then in the last 20 years. In 2004 Centerville stadium & weight room was considered first class for a HS. Just ASSumed that upgrades had been continuous. Thats kind of surprising...
Elks weight room has been updated to make it "average" compared to other GWOC schools. However, the stadium and home locker room are bad and haven't been updated or upgraded in 40 years. To your point, the last 10 years is when the other GWOC school built their new stadiums passing Centerville.

I agree that if he doesn't deliver next season with a 7-3 or 8-2 record & playoffs, his 4th season might be his last. I disagree that the Ville excepts mediocrity. Football program is still trying to find the balance between its 40 year heritage and today's game of football.
7-3 does not qualify as delivering. That is a disappointing season at Centerville in any of the past 4 1/2 decades. If that is the new level of expectations for a coach there then he is the wrong coach.

Not that this would ever happen. But if the Ron Ullery made a return to Centerville as the head coach would the expectation be 6 or 7 wins? No!! The expectation with be 8 to 10. And he would deliver that in 1 season, not after 4.

Not that this would ever happen. But if the Ron Ullery made a return to Centerville as the head coach would the expectation be 6 or 7 wins? No!! The expectation with be 8 to 10. And he would deliver that in 1 season, not after 4.
Remember, this Ullery was 9-1 his first season including a first round playoff win with a strong SR class. 2018 & 2019 had small SR classes with few impact players. Next year, there are no more excuses. 8-2 is possible but I am a little gun-shy after the last 2 seasons.

Remember, this Ullery was 9-1 his first season including a first round playoff win with a strong SR class. 2018 & 2019 had small SR classes with few impact players. Next year, there are no more excuses. 8-2 is possible but I am a little gun-shy after the last 2 seasons.
Fair enough. I agree no excuses next year. He will have a QB with a ton of starts under his belt running the offense.

I think a huge part of being an elite head coach is as much about leadership as it is X's and O's. Will the kids run through a brick wall for you. I don't know Brent Ullery. I hope he shows us all he is that guy next year.

Fair enough. I agree no excuses next year. He will have a QB with a ton of starts under his belt running the offense.

I think a huge part of being an elite head coach is as much about leadership as it is X's and O's. Will the kids run through a brick wall for you. I don't know Brent Ullery. I hope he shows us all he is that guy next year.
I agree that a down year should be 6-4, not 2-8 or 4-6 even with a weak SR class