Votes: 7 10.3%
  • 2-8

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • 1-9

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • 0-10

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Wayne High School was established in 1956. This is where I found the first ever football score between Centerville and Wayne. I also didn't see any score with Centerville playing Titus. If you have any other info with scores, this would be great!

Wayne existed in 56 but Huber Heights Wayne was not established until 1981. Prior to 56 the high school was Titus. It still exists today and one of your heroes Mr. Staley attended that school.

Wayne existed in 56 but Huber Heights Wayne was not established until 1981. Prior to 56 the high school was Titus. It still exists today and one of your heroes Mr. Staley attended that school.

I attended the Centerville @ Wayne game back in 1966. I also came back for a visit and attended the Centerville @ Wayne game in 2015. Were both those two Wayne home games played at the same stadium? As I recall, it seems to me that they were.

I attended the Centerville @ Wayne game back in 1966. I also came back for a visit and attended the Centerville @ Wayne game in 2015. Were both those two Wayne home games played at the same stadium? As I recall, it seems to me that they were.

I was not alive in 1966 but Wayne High School was physically located in the general area that it is now....

I was not alive in 1966 but Wayne High School was physically located in the general area that it is now....

I remember how enthusiastic the Wayne fans were at the Wayne stadium. Pretty much, it looking like the home stands were packed. Even though both the games I saw were lopsided in Wayne's favor, the Wayne fans still stayed around to watch the entire game. To me, it seemed like the stadium I saw the game in 1966, was the same stadium I saw the game in 2015.

I remember how enthusiastic the Wayne fans were at the Wayne stadium. Pretty much, it looking like the home stands were packed. Even though both the games I saw were lopsided in Wayne's favor, the Wayne fans still stayed around to watch the entire game. To me, it seemed like the stadium I saw the game in 1966, was the same stadium I saw the game in 2015.

It might of been at the same place but not the same stadium.... In 1999 for a Wayne/Centerville game the Wayne fans filled both sides of the stadium up forcing most of the Elk fans to stand. Standing room only 10 people deep with an estimated crowd of 13,500..... Following that game Wayne installed a new policy where the home crowd could only sit on the home side with some exceptions......

Scrimmages on the schedule for the Elks:

Sat Aug 10 10:00a Quad Scrimmage @ Dublin Coffman
vs Dublin Coffman, Pickerington Central and Toledo Central Catholic

Sat Aug 17 9:00a Quad Scrimmage @ Centerville
vs Butler, Gahanna Lincoln, Mt. Healthy

Thu Aug 22 7:00p @ Trotwood Madison

Scrimmages on the schedule for the Elks:

Sat Aug 10 10:00a Quad Scrimmage @ Dublin Coffman
vs Dublin Coffman, Pickerington Central and Toledo Central Catholic

Sat Aug 17 9:00a Quad Scrimmage @ Centerville
vs Butler, Gahanna Lincoln, Mt. Healthy

Thu Aug 22 7:00p @ Trotwood Madison
The Dublin quad scrimmage and Trotwood scrimmages will be a good test for the Elks to see if they can be competitive this year

I think the only question is, how many TDS will Fairfied’s Running back have? 7, 8, 9, 10?
McClain was something else last year. I am guessing that the Elks will scheme to stop him if possible. It should open up the passing game for Fairfield. Did Fairfield graduate last year's QB?

From GMC website, FF QB was a senior last year. There was a junior (listed as WR/CB) who stepped in two games when the starter was out.

From GMC website, FF QB was a senior last year. There was a junior (listed as WR/CB) who stepped in two games when the starter was out.
That should help the Elks defense with a new QB. Ellis looks like a very good athlete (BIG kid) with the ability to run. Our run defense will have their hands full. Elks D will have to contain McClain and Ellis in the run game to have any chance this year.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a scrimmage schedule?
I heard the Elks had a scrimmage in Columbus today vs. Dublin Coffman and Pickerington Central. They have another one next Saturday at home vs. Butler, Gahanna, and Mt. Healthy. Trotwood is final scrimmage but don't know the day

On the Centerville ELKS football homepage, the schedule shows that all the regular season games start at 6:30 PM. But on the GWOC website, it shows the Centerville schedule game starting times at 7:00 PM. I figure the GWOC site is right.

I heard the Elks had a scrimmage in Columbus today vs. Dublin Coffman and Pickerington Central. They have another one next Saturday at home vs. Butler, Gahanna, and Mt. Healthy. Trotwood is final scrimmage but don't know the day
A scrimmage is just a scrimmage but how did the Elks look?

Trotwood scrimmages Centerville August 22nd, which is a Thursday. Trotwood will be at home.

I heard the Elks look improved over last year and held their own against Pick and Coffman. Offense should be better and defense will be a work in progress.
Not sure if they were moving people around from Offense to Defense but the DBs need alot of work. Weakest part of defense.

Not sure if they were moving people around from Offense to Defense but the DBs need alot of work. Weakest part of defense.
I am not sure what the struggles are in the secondary, but I don't think it is a lack of talent. They seem to be out of position too often or confused about their reads in coverage.

Caught some of the scrimmage today. 10 play format from the 35. Elks tied Gahanna 1-1. Gahanna moved the ball easily and in a real game format would not have needed to punt ever. Elks got their TD on a big play slant that the receiver took 30 yards after the catch.
Elks outscored Butler 2-1. Butler was not on the same level and their TD was a last gasp throw on play 10 that connected.
Elks were shredded by Mt Healthy 2-0. Mt Healthy was bigger stronger and faster. One play their running back carried 5 or 6 elks 13 yards.

Harrison looked on target with most passes and I saw some nice catches but also some dropped balls. The offense looks to have plenty of potential. The defense was a different story. Going to give up a lot of points again this year.

Caught some of the scrimmage today. 10 play format from the 35. Elks tied Gahanna 1-1. Gahanna moved the ball easily and in a real game format would not have needed to punt ever. Elks got their TD on a big play slant that the receiver took 30 yards after the catch.
Elks outscored Butler 2-1. Butler was not on the same level and their TD was a last gasp throw on play 10 that connected.
Elks were shredded by Mt Healthy 2-0. Mt Healthy was bigger stronger and faster. One play their running back carried 5 or 6 elks 13 yards.

Harrison looked on target with most passes and I saw some nice catches but also some dropped balls. The offense looks to have plenty of potential. The defense was a different story. Going to give up a lot of points again this year.

The ELKS must have lost a lot on defense from last season. In the last two games of last season, the much improved ELKS shutout a good Fairmont team14-0, and then routed Beavercreek 52-7.

Last edited:
The ELKS must have lost a lot on defense from last season. In the last two games of last season, the much improved ELKS shutout a good Fairmont team14-0, and then routed Beavercreek 52-7.
I don't know the how's or the why's. I just know what I saw in this particular scrimmage didn't look very promising. Maybe some starters sat this one out. They still have a couple weeks to work on things.

I don't know the how's or the why's. I just know what I saw in this particular scrimmage didn't look very promising. Maybe some starters sat this one out. They still have a couple weeks to work on things.
I think the Elks will be better on offense this year, but defense will struggle at times. Ullery doesn't usually show much at scrimmages and works in a lot of kids who may not play on Friday nights to get film on them to evaluate. I still see a path for 7-3 with the Elks this year. We will see...

Last edited:
From what I saw Centerville will be lucky to win 5 games. Butler is down and has no size at all. Centerville should have run them over. Mount Healthy was the best team there.

From what I saw Centerville will be lucky to win 5 games. Butler is down and has no size at all. Centerville should have run them over. Mount Healthy was the best team there.
That is an interesting perspective. I thought Gahanna was the best, then Centerville, Mt. Healthy, and Butler. I thought the Elks rolled Butler when its first team O and D were playing. Elks will not have a dynamic running game again this year with a new OL. It looks like the offense will need to use the pass to set up the run. Elks will need to score 28+ per game to win this year.

Last edited: