9/13 - Dunbar
9/20 - Miamisburg
9/27 - Beavercreek
10/4 - @Wayne
10/11 - Fairmont
10/18 - @Springfield
10/25 - @Northmont
11/1 - Springboro

After coming off a disappointing 2-8 season, I expect the Elks to rebound in 2019. I am going to project their record at 7-3 and the playoffs! Elks should beat Dunbar, Beavercreek, Miamisburg, & Fairmont, then win 3 of remaining 6 games.

Last edited:

Why are you playing Dunbar and not a GWOC team in week 3?

I'm not sure, but it looks like Dunbar is filling the spot for the Canadien game/Alter game from last year. Maybe the GWOC is getting its teams ready for a 7 game conference schedule. Miamisburg did replace Lebanon on our schedule.

That is a pretty tough slate. Fairfield has a ton of athletes, and year one of the Tom Bolden era at Lakota West... those should be a great gauge for how much improvement has been made right away! 5 or 6 wins with that slate may get them into the postseason.

That is a pretty tough slate. Fairfield has a ton of athletes, and year one of the Tom Bolden era at Lakota West... those should be a great gauge for how much improvement has been made right away! 5 or 6 wins with that slate may get them into the postseason.

I agree that the start will be very important to set the tone. I think both of those games are winnable. If they win both, Elks go 7-3 and make the playoffs.

I'm not sure, but it looks like Dunbar is filling the spot for the Canadien game/Alter game from last year. Maybe the GWOC is getting its teams ready for a 7 game conference schedule. Miamisburg did replace Lebanon on our schedule.

Every other GWOC team is playing a GWOC opponent with the exception of Centerville and Lebanon. I believe Centerville was suppose to play Lebanon but Lebanon was likely still under contract with West Clermont. Since Lebanon is pathetic and is taking the easy road out by joining the ECC they likely did not want to play Centerville.....

Centerville would get a better challenge out of other D1 JV teams than Dunbar. A top D1 enrollment school in the state playing a city league that hasn't had any football relevance since when Centerville left the sprinklers on and soaked the field the night before playing Dunbar in the 1980s.

Massillon Perry is opened week 3.

From my understanding once the league settles at eight, every team will play the other 7 GWOC teams, leaving weeks 1-3 the only non-league games. You could definitely make the argument that the GWOC is going to be one of toughest leagues in Ohio... Wayne, Fairmont, Centerville, Northmont, Springfield, Springboro, Miamisburg, Beavercreek. Seven of the eight have been in the playoffs within the last two years!

From my understanding once the league settles at eight, every team will play the other 7 GWOC teams, leaving weeks 1-3 the only non-league games. You could definitely make the argument that the GWOC is going to be one of toughest leagues in Ohio... Wayne, Fairmont, Centerville, Northmont, Springfield, Springboro, Miamisburg, Beavercreek. Seven of the eight have been in the playoffs within the last two years!

I agree. The GWOC will be a grind to survive

Centerville would get a better challenge out of other D1 JV teams than Dunbar. A top D1 enrollment school in the state playing a city league that hasn't had any football relevance since when Centerville left the sprinklers on and soaked the field the night before playing Dunbar in the 1980s.

LOL .... the good old days of playing on grass with Coach Bob Gregg.

6-4 with some CLOSE loses. The one big upside is the next year they’ll go 9-1/10-0 and run stuff for the following year as well. Tough league overall but Centerville doesn’t ever stay down long. A sophomore QB with some experience under his belt...I’ll say they are a couple big plays away from 8-2 this year.

6-4 with some CLOSE loses. The one big upside is the next year they’ll go 9-1/10-0 and run stuff for the following year as well. Tough league overall but Centerville doesn’t ever stay down long. A sophomore QB with some experience under his belt...I’ll say they are a couple big plays away from 8-2 this year.

Reasonable prediction & correct, the Elks do not stay down for long.

8-2 is optimistic, but it is possible. I am going with 7-3 and the playoffs. Wins vs. Dunbar, Beavercreek, Miamisburg, & Fairmont, then win 3 of remaining 6 games

8-2 is optimistic, but it is possible. I am going with 7-3 and the playoffs. Wins vs. Dunbar, Beavercreek, Miamisburg, & Fairmont, then win 3 of remaining 6 games

Why even worry about the playoffs, you guys don't know what to do when you get there. Haven't made it past the second round of the playoffs in 20+ years and even then only won 4-5 playoff games during that time. A very overrated football program...

Why even worry about the playoffs, you guys don't know what to do when you get there. Haven't made it past the second round of the playoffs in 20+ years and even then only won 4-5 playoff games during that time. A very overrated football program...

Wayne has certainly recruited better than Centerville the last 10 years. Springfield and Trotwood’s success has derailed the Wayne train's pipeline.
Your best years are behind you...

Last edited:

That old trick didn't work either as Dunbar won that game. Oh and by the way as weak as the city is in football, they have more playoff wins than Centerville has in the last 20 years or so......#facts!

While it is true that Centerville has not had a state championship caliber team in 20 years...they have certainly had some good ones. '04, '10, 16. And they have consistently won more than lost. Does that =overrated? I think not...
The team that was overrated though was that '86 team that lost to Dunbar. They were riding the coattails of the undefeated '83-84 teams that were ligitamitley among the best in the state.
It appears the program is headed back in the right direction. We'll see.

While it is true that Centerville has not had a state championship caliber team in 20 years...they have certainly had some good ones. '04, '10, 16. And they have consistently won more than lost. Does that =overrated? I think not...
The team that was overrated though was that '86 team that lost to Dunbar. They were riding the coattails of the undefeated '83-84 teams that were ligitamitley among the best in the state.
It appears the program is headed back in the right direction. We'll see.

I agree with your feedback here. The Elks have been good, but not good enough on both sides of the ball to be a legit state contender. Based on what I see in the pipeline, the Elks might have a chance in 2020 and 2021. The frosh and 8th grade classes are the strongest to come thru in a long time and combined at the varsity level should make them very strong. Time will tell.

Elks can beat Lakota. Springfield, Northmont, and Wayne lose a lot. Other than McClain, who does Fairfield have back?

I will expect that Fairfield will have reloaded; Coach Krause has a good program in place. I will go out of my nay to watch at least 2 of their games just to see McClain. I hope that he does not have 7 tds against the Elks like last year. That was something else.

I will expect that Fairfield will have reloaded; Coach Krause has a good program in place. I will go out of my nay to watch at least 2 of their games just to see McClain. I hope that he does not have 7 tds against the Elks like last year. That was something else.

McClain is a STUD and tore up our D! Fairfield will reload but think the Elks can at least compete this year. They lose their QB and TE which should help us focus more on McClain - maybe hold him to 2-3 TDs vs. 7

That old trick didn't work either as Dunbar won that game. Oh and by the way as weak as the city is in football, they have more playoff wins than Centerville has in the last 20 years or so......#facts!

That trick won't work this year with Field Turf, but hope they don't have to do it to win this year

Still going to be a rebuilding year. It will be interesting to see how Harrison does. I predict 6-4 or 5-5 with all games being close. We should handle you easily. That being said you will be good in the next 2 years or so. See you in about 6 months

Still going to be a rebuilding year. It will be interesting to see how Harrison does. I predict 6-4 or 5-5 with all games being close. We should handle you easily. That being said you will be good in the next 2 years or so. See you in about 6 months

I am not sure if it is a rebuilding year since we didn't lose much from the SR class like the year prior, or will need to have some younger kids contribute more than normal. I am more optimistic and think 7-3 is possible. Fairmont missed their chance last year. I don't see any chance for the Birds to beat the Elks this year.

Last edited:
2019 Schedule
8/30 - @Fairfield
9/6 - @Lakota West
9/13 - Dunbar
9/20 - Miamisburg
9/27 - Beavercreek
10/4 - @Wayne
10/11 - Fairmont
10/18 - @Springfield
10/25 - @Northmont
11/1 - Springboro

After coming off a disappointing 2-8 season, I expect the Elks to rebound in 2019. I am going to project their record at 7-3 and the playoffs! Elks should beat Dunbar, Beavercreek, Miamisburg, & Fairmont, then win 3 of remaining 6 games.

Your week 3 game is a joke. Centerville should be embarrassed by that. I just checked the OHSAA website. Massilon Perry and Pickerington Central are looking for a week 3 game. Instead, Centerville with their 1049 boys is going to play Dunbar and their 277 boys. I guess Carlisle didn't have an opening? :laugh: