2019 Bengals

I'm always apprehensive about those long-term projections and amused at how quickly a kid can go from a can't miss to a mid-rounder. Seems like just yesterday Connor Cook was a junior at Michigan State and the top QB and certain early first rounder from his class. After an iffy senior year, he ended up a fourth rounder and now isn't even in the league.
I think that is especially true at QB.

Got it, I’m looking long term. The only thing is I’m not really high on Tua or Herbert. I’d much rather them get a sure fire stud like Chase Young or Grant Delpitt. Most draft experts seem to have them as the biggest locks for being stars in the NFL.

At some point, if you can't get enough for Dalton, he may be worth more grooming his replacement.

There is some chatter that Mayfield's struggles this year may relate to Zampese's exit as QB coach while Monken's input was added on offense. Any chance Zampese comes back to Cincinnati to coach a new QB ? You guys will obviously be drafting very early, and Mike Brown seems to like the familiar. Gruden coming back next year ?

Last edited:
Agree because Dalton isn’t the biggest issue on this team.
I think that is especially true at QB.

Piercing insights there, eastside _poser

giphy.gif

I'm always apprehensive about those long-term projections and amused at how quickly a kid can go from a can't miss to a mid-rounder. Seems like just yesterday Connor Cook was a junior at Michigan State and the top QB and certain early first rounder from his class. After an iffy senior year, he ended up a fourth rounder and now isn't even in the league.
Or the current Steelers backup Paxton Lynch.

You know things are bad when the announcers talk about the Bengals like they’re a Little League team. If the only thing you can say is that a team is playing hard, they suck.

All of the crap the media is talking about Washington can be applied double to the Bengals. The only reason they escape that kind of scrutiny is bc they’re a historically irrelevant Franchise. Culture is critical in any successful business and at the very best, you can say the Bengals don’t know what their culture is. Realistically, they do have a culture, and it’s a culture of losing. That’s not the fault of the HC or the players, it’s ownership. This team will always be a loser bc they’re owned by a loser.

At some point, if you can't get enough for Dalton, he may be worth more grooming his replacement.

There is some chatter that Mayfield's struggles this year may relate to Zampese's exit as QB coach while Monken's input was added on offense. Any chance Zampese comes back to Cincinnati to coach a new QB ? You guys will obviously be drafting very early, and Mike Brown seems to like the familiar. Gruden coming back next year ?
I doubt it, Zampese and the Bengals did not break up on the best of terms. Zampese is currently the Florida Gators OC, and all of sudden Florida QB's look somewhat competent.

Saw a great Orange and Black shirt the other day. It said Some Dey. Bet those are selling like crazy. This morning the weather man on channel 19 said the 10 Bengals fans going to Sunday’s game will get wet. Pathetic when the local weatherman is making fun of them!

Brown is a sleeping Clown!?

Gordy Glenn gets fined for not showing up to practice.

Evidently, Glenn wants out of Cincy and his concussion was just a pretext to get paid and not play.

let the door hit him in the rear. hes no better than those other clowns they run out on that OL. heard john jerry is starting tackle this weekend. lol

but seriously, fine him 200k. wtf. what free agent in their right mind would want to come and play for mike brown.

jtk
()

Got roped into going to the game Sunday with 3 Tix for 5 dollars each
Seriously? My son was given tickets $100+ face value for Sunday. You see almost no one wearing Bengals stuff around here, kinda sad. That said I think they win Sunday and 2 more times going forward.

Seriously? My son was given tickets $100+ face value for Sunday. You see almost no one wearing Bengals stuff around here, kinda sad. That said I think they win Sunday and 2 more times going forward.
Well the Tix were free.but was a $15 processing fee through vet Tix.

Did get free Steelers browns 50 yard line seats in the lower bowl.....and cheap, or free, Tix to the Steelers dolphins!

nFl attendance is taking a hit as people are fed up with prices

Well the Tix were free.but was a $15 processing fee through vet Tix.

Did get free Steelers browns 50 yard line seats in the lower bowl.....and cheap, or free, Tix to the Steelers dolphins!

nFl attendance is taking a hit as people are fed up with prices
@Browns or in Pittsburgh? My son and I usually go to a game in Pittsburgh yearly, depending on how the rest of the season plays out we might just go to Paul Brown when the Steelers play there. If things get interesting which I’m not expecting we might go to Pitt late.

@Browns or in Pittsburgh? My son and I usually go to a game in Pittsburgh yearly, depending on how the rest of the season plays out we might just go to Paul Brown when the Steelers play there. If things get interesting which I’m not expecting we might go to Pitt late.
In Pittsburgh. I used to be in with a few friends and have season tickets there for about ten years. Then my brother works at a place that has 8 season tix and w get to go once or twice a year, for free, on the 50, so o eventually have up the season tix. 310 miles each way and paying alot each spring to renew got old

I was wrong about Taylor, Brown left him hire his own coaching staff and it is a disaster. Bengals are last in rushing offense even though last year had one of the top units in the league. Should have kept Pollack as o - line coach. Defensively, Bengals are last in rush defense and 2nd last in over all defense, hard to believe the Bengals could go backwards from where they were but they did.

It's looking more and more like the Bengals could become the 3rd team to have a winless season. Between the awful O-line, our greatest offensive weapon being out all year, injuries to our secondary, and a young and inexperienced coaching staff. The only two winnable games I see remaining on the schedule are the Jets and Dolphins, and certainly those aren't gimmes. The real question at this point is if we do go winless does Zak Taylor get a second year?

The Bengals Suck and Brown is a Clown,MonDey!!! The losing circus will travel to London to Lose this week. I don’t see any New Deys in sight!

the talk should be what are the bengals going to do with the 1st or 2nd pick of the draft? they won't draft a lb or ol that high, eventhough those positions are the biggest priority. and no free agents in their right mind would sign here that are worth a crap.

jtk
()

It's looking more and more like the Bengals could become the 3rd team to have a winless season. Between the awful O-line, our greatest offensive weapon being out all year, injuries to our secondary, and a young and inexperienced coaching staff. The only two winnable games I see remaining on the schedule are the Jets and Dolphins, and certainly those aren't gimmes. The real question at this point is if we do go winless does Zak Taylor get a second year?

I think they will beat the Dolphins. What's interesting is that the league scheduled this crapfest menage a trois where the Redskins, Dolphins & Bengals cross paths at some point (Bengals don't play Skins). Otherwise, I think there could be three 0-16 teams this year. At least the Bengals & Skins are giving the impression they're trying. The Fins might be the worst 0-16 team ever, should they lose when they face Cincy.

I think they will beat the Dolphins. What's interesting is that the league scheduled this crapfest menage a trois where the Redskins, Dolphins & Bengals cross paths at some point (Bengals don't play Skins). Otherwise, I think there could be three 0-16 teams this year. At least the Bengals & Skins are giving the impression they're trying. The Fins might be the worst 0-16 team ever, should they lose when they face Cincy.
I hope like hell no one finishes 0-16.
I want the Browns to be the last one to live forever!

I remember the expansion Buccaneers. What a clown show that was. Worse than even this Bengals team.
John McKay was gold, though.
In response to a question about his team's execution - "I'm all in favor of it."
On Tampa Bay ending its 26-game losing streak: "Three or four plane crashes and we're in the playoffs."

Among others......

the talk should be what are the bengals going to do with the 1st or 2nd pick of the draft? they won't draft a lb or ol that high, eventhough those positions are the biggest priority. and no free agents in their right mind would sign here that are worth a crap.

jtk
()
Chase Young at DE. That’s not a hard decision imo.

Yeah, that’s who they should pick, but they will definitely pick a qb.
Probably, and that’s why I can’t take them seriously as an organization. If they take a QB, I’d rather it be Herbert. He’ll last longer getting beaten up behind that awful OL. Honestly, if I were Tua or Herbert, I’d threaten to sit out if the Bengals draft me.