2019 Bengals

I wonder when they'll have Pacman back to enshrine him into the Bengals' Ring of Dishonor.

Without football, he'll be dead and/or broke within two years.

BLessing in disguise.
They weren't going to do anything this year. Just helps them get an even higher pick next year.

New coach.

Green is carted off the field at Welcome stadium; obviously, the Bengals did not heed the advice of Cincy Yappi posters to avoid playing in Welcome.

Dre Kirkpatrick is still in the league? Unbelievable. The first time he actually covers somebody and Green ends up getting hurt.

This is a trumped up supposed "controversy" without anything to back it up.
A. J. Green went up for a pass and came down awkwardly on his ankle. It happens. He and Kirkpatrick collided in the air (yes, Dre Kirkpatrick actually covered somebody :oops:).
If the field was so bad then how could the Bengals have gone through the practice with only one player suffering an injury from it.
"Unnamed staffers" as sources? Give me a break. That's why these guys have blogs instead of real jobs.

This is a trumped up supposed "controversy" without anything to back it up.
A. J. Green went up for a pass and came down awkwardly on his ankle. It happens. He and Kirkpatrick collided in the air (yes, Dre Kirkpatrick actually covered somebody :oops:).
If the field was so bad then how could the Bengals have gone through the practice with only one player suffering an injury from it.
"Unnamed staffers" as sources? Give me a break. That's why these guys have blogs instead of real jobs.

They cut practice short, they should have had it at one of the nice Dayton area high school fields.

I’m thinking 3-13. That OL might be the worst in the NFL, and that Defense has maybe 3-4 legitimate players (Jackson, Atkins,Lawson, Williams). The LB core is dreadful.

Last edited:
I'll say 5-11.
On a scale from 1-10:
QB & WR -- 5.0
OL -- 3.0
DL -- 7.5
LB -- 4.0
DB/S -- 4.0
Spec. Teams -- 7.5

Coaching staff -- 4.0 (Maybe they'll surprise us)

IMO best case scenario, is they win 3-4 games this yr and draft Grant Delpit, S from LSU in the 5-8 range. Then in 2021, just totally rank, go 1-15, draft Lawrence. It’ll be tough to stomach, but by the 2021 season, you’ll have Williams back at OL, Mixon still in his prime, Delpit as a Pro Bowl S, and your franchise QB. Those are some really good pieces to work with.

Last edited:
I'll say 5-11.
On a scale from 1-10:
QB & WR -- 5.0
OL -- 3.0
DL -- 7.5
LB -- 4.0
DB/S -- 4.0
Spec. Teams -- 7.5

Coaching staff -- 4.0 (Maybe they'll surprise us)
QB- 5, but trending down
RB- 7, Mixon very much on the rise
WR/TE- 3, with No Green. 5, with Green.
OL- 2- they suck. Not a single legitimate NFL starter.

DL- 5, decent but aging
LB- 1, even worse than the OL. Worse LB core in the League
DB- 4, big on William Jackson, not so much on everyone else.

I was running through this scenario in my head, and a lot of things need to fall in place, but I think it could be beneficial:

If the Cowboys let Dak Prescott walk bc he wants way too much $ for being a mid tier QB (and they still need to lock up Cooper and Elliot), I’d want the Bengals to inquire trading Dalton to them. I think they could get at least a 4th round pick, maybe even a 3. The timing would be excellent, bc the Bengals could tank in 2020 with Driskel or some other scrub at QB and draft Trevor Lawrence.

My biggest concern, other than the unlikely event of Prescott entering FA, is Dalton’s contract ends in 2021. Would the Cowboys be willing to take the risk of going through these same negotiations in 2 yrs?

Last edited:
I know it’s hard in the moment, but it would’ve really been better if the Defense let Carson score on that 1st Down Run. I doubt he would’ve had the presence of mind to take a knee after busting a 60+ yard run.