2019 Baseball

birdog

Just out of curiosity, when was the last time the diamond dandies took it on the chin 6 times in a row? Any observations out there? GBM

I think baseball is going to have a long period of this type of play......

Didn't follow them closely this year. They had another early exit. Just curious....why do you think they will have a long period of struggling (by Moe's standards)? They definitely seemed to have hit a wall in recent seasons.

Didn't follow them closely this year. They had another early exit. Just curious....why do you think they will have a long period of struggling (by Moe's standards)? They definitely seemed to have hit a wall in recent seasons.

As a Game Tracker subscriber, here are my observations. Keep in mind, my opinion is based on reviewing published stats while the games are in progress. The pitchers are not pitch efficient. Throwing upwards of 50-60 pitches in less than three innings is not going to cut it. Not having a solid 1-2 punch in the rotation is also a factor. It seems the pitching talent is more evenly spread out between the GCL and GMC.

The offense seems to record more strikeouts than hits per game. Not being able to consistently put the pressure on the defense by putting the ball in play makes for fewer base runners.

Defensively, they seem fine but again, I am going on stats versus the "eye test".

All in all, I think the talent is more evenly spread out throughout the area. I really don't expect to see an immediate turnaround soon. It is what it is. They will always be competitive, but they seem to have leveled off in recent years. GBM