2019-2020 MAC thread

What's up with Toledo? With the Jacksons and Knapke they should be in the thick of it but they can' seem to get out of their won way some nights. Losing to EMU is inexcusable. No way should that be a .500 team.

Losing their top two scorers and Coach K's team historically sucking at defending the perimeter in a guard heavy league, I thought the pre-season rankings a bit generous but... Injuries. 3 people don't make a team and Knapke is not a post player. Particularly troublesome when the other two are learning on the fly. Not having Bizeau clear to play this year didn't help. Get Littleson and Edu back into the mix and you're right, it would be inexcusable. It also wouldn't happen.

Dylan Frye has left BG for personal reasons. That will hurt.

Akron stole one from EMU. Played awful. Down 17-2 at one point. Made a 3 with 4 seconds left to win.

Coach K at Toledo has 3 of the best players in the MAC in Marreon Jackson, Luke Knapke and Willie Jackson. How he has been unable to make this team anything close to a contender is truly hard to believe.
Against BG these 3 scored a total of 73 points. The rest of the team had 10. It wouldn't be too difficult to prepare a game plan against the Rockets.
The good news for Toledo is the next game is against the Redhawks......so there is that.

and coincidently now they're reporting he's returned to the team. If it was a personal issue hopefully it's resolved or he's learned to do what all us smucks must do at some time, move-on.

OU Let BG off of the hook today. BG outscored them by 16 in the second half and Turner made a last second shot to pull it off.

Akron plays at BG Tuesday night for 1st in the East.

What I'm seeing from this Ohio team is encouraging. They're very young and have appeared close to "turning the corner" all MAC season. Thought we'd finally done it today... Big-time shot from Turner!

Atmosphere at Stroh looked pretty good from my ESPN3 feed

What I'm seeing from this Ohio team is encouraging. They're very young and have appeared close to "turning the corner" all MAC season. Thought we'd finally done it today... Big-time shot from Turner!

Atmosphere at Stroh looked pretty good from my ESPN3 feed

Jeff Boals is top notch. He'll have the Bobcats back in short order.

Akron took it on the chin at BG. Now their second leading scorer, Tyler Cheese, gets to sit a game for bumping a ref.

OU looked good again in bumping off Buffalo in Athens.

Ohio beats Kent last night in Athens. Sets up an exciting matchup @ Akron this coming Tuesday...

MAC title looks like it's down to BG and Akron...

BG 12-3
@ Miami (locked in a tight one right now, down 31-30 still in 1st)
@ Kent
vs Buffalo

Akron 12-4 (includes Buffalo win today)
@ Buffalo (86-73)
vs Ohio
vs Kent

Weird season indeed. Still shocked by BGSU taking a dump in Oxford. Akron really took it to Buffalo down the stretch. Ohio is on a roll. I expect the Akron/OU game to be a tight one.

Ohio up big at half but can't hold on as Akron finishes on 22-4 run. Combined with BG loss (what the heck happened there) Akron wins MAC regular season. Some interesting results last night. Conference tournament will be interesting. Ohio needs to beat Miami in last game of season to secure round one home game in MAC Tournament.

BG falls again. Nice finish. Akron squeaks one out in the rivalry game against Kent and wins their last 3 to take number one seed in the MAC tournament. Hell of a year for the Zips after being picked 5th in the East.

Ohio was hurting with Vander Plas out tonight at Miami. Down 10 with 4 minutes to play but Preston took over and Ohio pulled it out.

*I think* the below is accurate but not sure on seedings and tiebreakers... Ball and NIU in 2nd half right now and Ball State is winning which may shuffle those 3-4-5 seeds... Round 1 games Monday I believe.

1-4 Bye to CLE
Akron
BG
Buffalo
NIU
Round 1 Home
Ball State
Kent
Ohio
Toledo
Round 1 Away
CMU
EMU
WMU
Miami

ESeYGQTXYAAJBvu

Central is a pretty good draw. They'd lost a bunch in row before beating WMU in the last regular season game. What's up with Vander Plas?

Central is a pretty good draw. They'd lost a bunch in row before beating WMU in the last regular season game. What's up with Vander Plas?
Vander Plas rolled his ankle down the stretch against Akron. He came back in during that game but sounds like that's why he was held out. No indication he won't play going forward. Ohio beat CMU a couple weeks back. Feel good about our chances