2019-20 Ohio State Basketball

Whatever happened to next man up ? Biggest issue with this team IMO is they can't shoot.
I think the biggest problem is they are very lazy. IU had several 5 on 3 opportunities. How many times did Carton throw the ball away from near the top of the key and end up being the last, or near last, back on D?
IU played basketball, OSU played Xs and Os.
Going to be a long season. They will be lucky to get 5 Big10 wins.

I think the biggest problem is they are very lazy. IU had several 5 on 3 opportunities. How many times did Carton throw the ball away from near the top of the key and end up being the last, or near last, back on D?
IU played basketball, OSU played Xs and Os.
Going to be a long season. They will be lucky to get 5 Big10 wins.
Earlier in the year I was reading on some OSU mssg. boards that Carton would be one and done, don't have to worry about that.

Still expect OSU to win 8 - 10 games, as BIG is not that great outside of MSU. Only 4 teams in AP top 25 with the Bucks one of them. Still plenty of time to turn things around.

All you have done is bash Matta, and use him as an excuse for any and all of OSU's problems.

No I didn't. All I said was he botched the 2015 and 2016 recruiting classes because he did.

How many years will Matta be removed and this becomes Holtmann's team completely : 5, 10 , 20 years.
I already said, in a post you already responded to, that if he continues to struggle next year the hot seat should be fired up

Drama Queen can't argue facts so call people names.
Projecting again? I presented plenty of facts, you've provided nothing but your opinion. It took you over 50 hours to respond and this is the best retort you could come up with? One with zero counterpoints? If you don't want to be called a drama queen, stop acting like one.

Last edited:
No I didn't. All I said was he botched the 2015 and 2016 recruiting classes because he did.

I already said, in a post you already responded to, that if he continues to struggle next year the hot seat should be fired up

Projecting again? I presented plenty of facts, you've provided nothing but your opinion. It took you over 50 hours to respond and this is the best retort you could come up with? One with zero counterpoints? If you don't want to be called a drama queen, stop acting like one.
Some people do work or have jobs, and yes please quit acting like something you are accusing me of. By the way weren't KBD, Kaleb Wesson and Dane Goodwin who this team could sorely use were Matta recruits ? This became Holtmann's team the day he was hired, where I work at if someone is removed from a project, the person that he replaces him is responsible for that project and management doesn't want here excuses about how bad of shape the project was left in. This is year 3, their are a lot of bball teams that are young and succeeding, Purdue just stunned MSU and their 3 leading scorers in that game were all soph. I believe. Trust me I want Holtmann to succeed because i am a huge Buckeye fan, however he is responsible for this team not Matta or anyone else. OK DC.

Last edited:
Holtman has his hands full right now. His freshmen class not living up to their recruiting rankings at all. Carton and Liddell very inconsistent and Bucks need them to be good right now. Gaffney has not gotten a shot....his fault or Holtman's...who knows but I would play the kid 10-12 minutes a game and see what happens. Sophs Washington and Muhammed have not stepped up either. Kaleb W is what he is which is 14 and 9 but if he is your best guy then your team is not a top 15 team. Team getting outworked right now too which is unusual for Holtman team. Need to get it fixed real quick or season will slip away.

Likely to see Carton and Walker start tomorrow night. Washington has been injured, but also apparently has had a lack of effort and attention to details while playing so now he's in the dog house. Hopefully Holtmann can get him focused, he was a huge part of Ohio State's success to start the season.

Likely to see Carton and Walker start tomorrow night. Washington has been injured, but also apparently has had a lack of effort and attention to details while playing so now he's in the dog house. Hopefully Holtmann can get him focused, he was a huge part of Ohio State's success to start the season.
They both played well tonite,hope#1 and #4 wake up a little WHEN they come back.

I know it was just Nebraska, but the team needed that W. Glad to see Carton and Liddell play better. I also noticed how much better the ball moved with Luther and Duane out. Luther particularly, the ball frequently just stops when it gets to him on offense. Too much dribble and forced penetration. Duane is best with catch and shoot.

I hope they both had some minor infraction, and come back soon with the right attitude. In general, I like them both - Luther is a great defender and always plays hard. Duane is needed for the outside shot. If it was serious infractions, or they get P-O'd and want to transfer, losing 2 sophomore wing players would be a big setback to the program.

Andre Wesson has been playing great and up to this point he might be the best all around player on the team. Does a lil bit of everything fairly well. I hope the best pure scorer on the team, Washington, has a strong 2nd half of the season.

Holtman can't recruit.

I realize you just like to complain every time one of your teams lose, and I also realize you probably don't (or can't) read anything. But this post is blatantly wrong. Don't just be a whiner - let me educate you. Good times are ahead for the program.

Holtman's 2019 class was ranked #14 nationally, first in the Big Ten. Class included Ibhrahim Diallo, a 7-footer who is being red-shirted.

He has a 4-star and 3-star lined up for 2020 (both 6-6 wing players), plus Justice Sueing, the transfer from Cal who is sitting this year. he can really play.

Currently the 2021 class is ranked #2 nationally. Buckeye fans will love Meechie Johnson, the quick guard from Willoughby.

So halfway through their freshman year in the country's best league, this recruiting class is a failure? OK. Gotta put you on ignore. I'm done reading and responding to ignorance.

Cant recruit can't coach fire fire holtman. HE IS A embarrassing coach. Told you I know basketball nit told you.

Sitting on 12 with 13 to play. Must go 8-5 for 20; I don't think so. So many Big Ten teams improve - the m.o. here is just the opposite.

Too much hand holding after bad basketball. Too much, "That's on me." Get out of here with the b.s. Grow a freakin' pair!!!! What is this offense - dribble, dribble, throw badly inside to our post who can't jump or turn it over?

Horrible effect on recruiting. The Johnson kid from Cleveland announced he is going to Penn. State. Penn. State!?

People thought we were the second best team in the country! We are not even the second best team in Ohio. Sad.

Last edited: