2019-20 Ohio State Basketball

Raymo

Looks like a work in process for the coaching staff with so many Freshman and younger players plus several missing a lot of practice with injuries.

Had a scrimmage with Louisville and won I believe 80-69. Louisville was without a starting big and rotational player, OSU saw Carton leave early with an ankle injury. Keeping in mind it's a scrimmage and Louisville was without a starter, that's a solid win.

Carton expects to be back for the first game of the year.

Seems like Carton is as good as advertised from everything I've read. How nice it will be to finally have a true PG running the show and a much slimmer, more mobile Kaleb Wesson.

The incoming group will be HUGE this year by midseason,very long bench if they all pan out...BAM!

That definitely looked like an early November game. There's a lot to be worked out between changing roles and figuring out how Walker and the freshmen fit in.

That was pretty ugly basketball for both teams. However, the bright side was that I've never seen a guy as much improvement in the off season as Kyle Young. He looked like a whole new basketball player in that first game versus last year.

The other bright side is that both teams want to schedule more games in the future, but not game one. Considering how sloppy it was, I think everyone can agree doing it as the first game of the season is/was a bad idea.

It was so ugly I didn't watch the second half. Nice to pull out the win though. Holtmann must have cleaned some things up at halftime

Buckeyes defeat UMass Lowell 76-56 as five players hit double figures.

Up Next: #10 Villanova comes to Columbus on Wednesday in first major test of the season. Tip at 7:00 PM.

Jeez-us. The Buckeyes absolutely destroyed Villanova. Anyone who may still doubt Holtmann should get over it. He’s building a beast.

I certainly didn't anticipate this. I figured they would be competitive and hopefully win it down the stretch. Never thought they would lay waste to a top 10 team this way. Seems like this team is learning and growing quickly on the fly.

Buckeyes cruise 76-51 over #10 Nova

Up Next: Stetson on Monday at 8:30 PM

Villanova came out flat and paid the price for it, early season game doesn't mean a lot ( Ky. losing to Evansville ). Was very impressed with Kaleb Wesson, much improved defensive player however not much depth right now behind Wesson at the center position. Guard play is much better than last season and deep. IMO OSU will finish anywhere between 1st and 3rd in the BIG.

Villanova came out flat and paid the price for it, early season game doesn't mean a lot ( Ky. losing to Evansville ). Was very impressed with Kaleb Wesson, much improved defensive player however not much depth right now behind Wesson at the center position. Guard play is much better than last season and deep. IMO OSU will finish anywhere between 1st and 3rd in the BIG.
These early games do mean a lot when the committee does the seeding and selection for the NCAA tourney. They reference all the time that Team A beat Team B in December and that shows us how strong they are. This was a great win for the Buckeyes in that regard.

#10 Ohio State (6-0) blows 17 point lead in 2nd half, still go on to win 71-52 over Kent State.

Up Next: Morgan State (3-5) on Friday at 9:00 PM

Fun Fact: Morgan State's last game was a 115-112 3OT loss to 'Kentucky slayer' Evansviille.

Looked a bit lethargic and stagnant tonight; still, a 19-point win is always good and I believe Kent will be in the hunt for the MAC.

Not a fan of Andre Wesson's game.