2019-20 Ohio State Basketball

Bevo

Big! Gritty, maddening, persevered. Nice! Get Wisc. and they would vault into a tie with about five other teams.

wolves82

I was at the Blue Jackets hockey game and trying to keep up with this game on my phone. Looked close all the way, glad to see the Bucks get a big road "W". Should really help with confidence the rest of the way. Looks like Kaleb and Kyle carried the load, and Duane was clutch.

Bevo

So fundamentally sloppy at times. Should have been an "effort" game - oh yeah, it was.

Who's up at home for two with Rutgers and Purdue?

wolves82

Welp, not a good look on Sunday, but most of us figured @Wisconsin is a loss in most seasons. The sloppy turnovers returned and did not defend the perimeter well. That will cost you against the Badgers every time.

However, sitting at 15-8, the Bucks are 20-11, if these games go as follows:
Wins: rutgers, purdue, @ nebraska, michigan, illinois
Losses: @ iowa, maryland, @ sparty

Nothing unreasonable there, although Rutgers and Illini are playing better this year. Even if one of those games slip, at 19-12, the Buckeyes are solidly in the NCAA tournament with wins over Villanova, Kentucky, Cincinnati, and a close loss to WVU.

Bevo

Who has gotten better? Players seem to finish the year less skilled than when they started.

Am I mistaken or do several of our players just catch and pass more to a spot than to another player? Passes are intercepted or so close to being intercepted a lot.

Why did Potter leave? Man, I can see other guys doing the same. Now this is paranoia, but I swear the Wisconsin coach paused momentarily when shaking hands with E.J. and said just a bit more to him. We'll see. Players leave programs where it isn't fun to play. And right now it doesn't look like much fun. Holtman is quick with the "thumb; players who make mistakes immediately look to the bench when they screw up anticipating removal.

I don't know if the guys that are young and on bench will help or if the recruits next year and the year after will make a difference. I know they have a good side but I will be glad when both Wessons are gone.

I don't like to bitch - I watch every game but this team just plays the same so often! So very frustrating for a 60 - year fan!!!

Bevo

Sure - why not.

It's the most difficult 5 out of 6 streak I have ever seen - but that might just be the nature of the game today.

17-8 with 6 to play and at last one Big Ten tourney game. Away Games - Iowa, Nebraska and Sparty. Home games - Maryland, Michigan and Illinois. 3 and 3 gets them to 20. That has always been my barometer for a season - even though more games are played today.

Last edited: