2019/20 Federal League Standings, Schedules,Scores, etc.

I'm just curious. Are most middle school coaches in the Federal League Teachers, colleges kids, or dads? I've noticed North Canton doesn't have any middle school boys coaches that are teachers. I think most are college kids or dads in the program. On the girls side they maybe have 1 out of the 4 that teach. I think they are mostly dad's.
I didn't know is this was common place. I can understand why it would be hard to find coaches. Also how much does a Middle School coach make for 4 months of coaching.

What in the hell has happened to Jackson and Lake? How the mighty have fallen.
As far as lake goes all they do is pass the ball coach hasn’t done great with adjusting his offense with this group but he’s won 300 games so I suppose he doesn’t have to. But you can’t win if you don’t score, can’t score if you don’t shoot. They have some good young players trapped in a system that’s not for them

As far as lake goes all they do is pass the ball coach hasn’t done great with adjusting his offense with this group but he’s won 300 games so I suppose he doesn’t have to. But you can’t win if you don’t score, can’t score if you don’t shoot. They have some good young players trapped in a system that’s not for them
How would you suggest Lake change their system to better fit their players?

Friday 02/07/20
McKinley 56 at Hoover 54
Green 48 at Jackson 36
Perry 44 at Lake 39

McKinley/Hoover is on WHBC (radio and stream #1) and Q92 stream.
Green/Jackson is on Q92 stream.

Last edited:
How would you suggest Lake change their system to better fit their players?
Not change the system necessarily, maybe just let them run and gun a little bit, no need to set up an offense every single possession when you’re already out-talented you gotta get as many shots up as possible. But I don’t have 300 wins so I can’t really say much ?

Congrats to Green, to go through a year in the Fed with only an early season close loss is a big feat. It was against McK AT McK which
we all know is a tough place to get a win for a few reasons. If they play to their potential (which basically never happens every game) I like
their chances to win the district, they are the best team there but have to continue playing like it.

What in the hell has happened to Jackson and Lake? How the mighty have fallen.
Good question. I've been able to catch a good chunk of Jackson's games this year. As they have seemed to be playing more and more youth as the season has gone on, the results are getting worse and worse. Continued poor shot selection, turnovers, 1-on-1 play at the wrong times combined with general lack of physicality and non-existent defense is not a formula for success. Losing your leading returning scorer does not help either. Friday could get even uglier for the Bears if above continues.

Good question. I've been able to catch a good chunk of Jackson's games this year. As they have seemed to be playing more and more youth as the season has gone on, the results are getting worse and worse. Continued poor shot selection, turnovers, 1-on-1 play at the wrong times combined with general lack of physicality and non-existent defense is not a formula for success. Losing your leading returning scorer does not help either. Friday could get even uglier for the Bears if above continues.
Sometimes the talent well runs thin perhaps? This is clearly a year to get young players varsity experience in anticipation of a better season next year. They just don't have consistent scorers. Outside shooting is suspect at best and even the kid who quit wasn't shooting well from 3 either. Jake Aleman at 36% is the only Jackson player on the Repository's top 3 point shooters list, and he's a forward. Their PG doesn't even look to shoot the ball so opposing D can play 5 on 4 without doing anything. Rough patch for sure but may pay off down the line due to significant varsity experience gained by younger players this year.

https://www.cantonrep.com/sports/20200130/canton-area-high-school-basketball-stat-leaders

Sponsored by our friends at Dan's Wholesale Carpet & Flooring check them out today!

If you missed this great Federal League matchup from Tuesday now is your chance to watch it! Only on BTS?

GlenOak vs. Green

Joe Dunn & Mike Galena with the call

Mears NISSAN POTG: Garrison Keesler