2019-20 Coaching Carousel

I never once made that comparison to Gruden/Tennessee.

However it was a pipe dream. Agree to disagree.
Someone did. And.no.... it isn't a pipedream if the guy met with them multiple times and talked contract and assistant coaches and facilities demands which FSU met on all accounts.

Again you can type what you want on fsu but you don't know what I know on it. Don't care if you don't believe me but this is why I stopped posting updates. It's all just negative people and don't wanna waste my time.

Considering Mark is Bob's brother and he told people Bob wasnt taking the job, and that is what happened, I think I will trust my UK sources.

When someone meets your demands and they still turn it down what does that tell you?

You haven't stopped posting. You are still here.

Again agree to disagree

Considering Mark is Bob's brother and he told people Bob wasnt taking the job, and that is what happened, I think I will trust my UK sources.

When someone meets your demands and they still turn it down what does that tell you?

You haven't stopped posting. You are still here.

Again agree to disagree
I post on yappi as a whole but no I hardly posted on the college football board this year. I stopped after the initial talk on fsu and gave few updates after. Haven't posts here since Nov 8 before today. Plenty has happened since then. Look at the post history if you don't believe me

If you meet with someone and get to the demands stage it means you're interested. Pipedream scenarios don't involve multiple meetings with said person.

But like I said believe what you want. I'm happy with the names being talked about now

Last edited:
Can't believe FSU hired someone so dumb. Says a lot about the school/AD. They may just end up saving the boosters some money.

This name will probably be a part of the 2020 thread but Tom Herman is moving into line at the carousel and may get a fast pass if he continues silly antics like this and then dropping the game>

Boston College. Other than 2015 Addizo has finished with exactly 7 wins every season and he is 43-42 at BC. With games against FSU, @ ND and @ Pitt, I think they split 1 of FSU and Pitt and lose to ND which puts him at 44-44. Does BC want to remain right around 0.500 or look to improve? I think Addizo is safe.

Rutgers - Apparently Rutgers is going to start spending some money and try to be competitive in football instead of a punching bag. I'd still be hesitant as a head coach, there's a lot of talent but little loyalty to Rutgers there vs. somewhere like Maryland where kids tend to like the home team but want to actually win. I'm curious to see if they actually spend money and who they can attract.

USC - Helton has to be gone, right? No chance his mediocrity survives a new athletic Director who will want to put his/her stamp on the school.

Some updates on the above:
BC has in fact fired Addazio. Some names popping up are OSU's Al Washington (alum) and Jeff Hafley along with UC's Luke Fickell. Word is Al Washington is the top pick if he can get Michigan's Don Brown to come with him. For my own selfish reasons, I hope all three pass on the job.

Turns out Schiano will in fact be the next Rutgers coach. Per Pete Thamel, he has agreed in principle to become the next HC. Not sure if Rutgers caved and gave him what he wanted or if he caved.

Conflicting reports over the weekend on Clay Helton's job. Some say he's gone, some say he's safe...for now. On the flip side it looks like USC's OC Graham Harrell is interesting in the Texas OC job, once Beck is fired following the bowl game.

Ole Miss cans Matt Luke. I would hate to be in a profession where you depend on the actions of 19-23 year old boys...
https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F191129154906-elijah-moore-1128.jpg

Conflicting reports over the weekend on Clay Helton's job. Some say he's gone, some say he's safe...for now. On the flip side it looks like USC's OC Graham Harrell is interesting in the Texas OC job, once Beck is fired following the bowl game.

Now it sounds like Beck will stay on staff in a different position.

Chris Petersen has stepped down at Washington and will transition into an advisory role for UW Athletics. Wow. Washington DC Jim Lake takes over as HC. Sounds like it is permanent, not an interim HC.

Chris Petersen has stepped down at Washington and will transition into an advisory role for UW Athletics. Wow. Washington DC Jim Lake takes over as HC. Sounds like it is permanent, not an interim HC.

I realize these guys get paid but the demand is ultra incredible.

I have several friends who coach DI and they have zero life outside of football. I know of several who have given up coaching altogether to live a more "normal" life. Even at the darn HS level anymore, the amount of time put in for such little given back ($6,000 stipend) is insane.

Lol Arkansas thought they were getting Kiffin or Norvell. Kiffin is apparently headed to Ole Miss
I'll miss him at my school but I had him pegged for a job like that. In fact ole miss was the example I used after he went 11-3 at Florida Atlantic in 2017. Hopefully we can win his last game tomorrow. Would be the 2nd title in 3 years. I'll pull for him at ole miss

I am in the minority but i actually think he is a decent coach. Going to be tough to have long term success at Ole Miss

I am in the minority but i actually think he is a decent coach. Going to be tough to have long term success at Ole Miss
We were 3-9 three years in a row before him. Went 11-3 in his first year. Dipped to 5-7 last year but lost many close games and he lost his whole staff Now we are 9-3 going for the cusa title again.

He's matured a lot but he is quirky. I think he's hilarious on Twitter and such and we haven't had any NCAA trouble. He has a Boca girlfriend now and has stopped cheating with coeds too ?

Joey Freshwater is all time greatness

As you said his youthfulness hurt him in the past. I think his quirkiness can be appealling especially at a lower tier/underdog SEC school. I wonder how well he will do with the natives in Oxford, they can be a weird bunch

If Norvell ends up at FSU then Arkansas really struck out on their alleged top 2 choices
That's what I hear. Ole Miss had norvell as their first choice too.

Big time coaches don't leave programs when they are at a high. So norvell is prob the best realistic option out there for FSU. Good offensive mind. Just gotta get a strong DC and see.

I'm a homer for kiffin but realize he's a bigger risk to p5 programs. Don't see a big risk for ole miss to try it out though

Seems like a very good OL coach and recruiter, but it seems highly questionable in a tough major conference division to hire someone who's only HC experience was a short stint at a JUCO 25+ years ago.