2018 St. Xavier Football/Schedule

I will ask one of the kids. Also heard Noah Taylor (Jr) in mix for OLB spot. Trying to attend Milford scrimmage and will report back.

Curious who will be center, guessing either Mohn or J.Kirby.

I will ask one of the kids. Also heard Noah Taylor (Jr) in mix for OLB spot. Trying to attend Milford scrimmage and will report back.

Curious who will be center, guessing either Mohn or J.Kirby.
Center is currently Ryan Flemming. Who is at right tackle

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

LT 77 Paris Johnson
LG 70 Jack Kirby?
C 62 Ryan Fleming
RG 59 Matt Mohn
RT 75 Luke Pellott?

Kirby change jersey numbers?
Pellott put on a lot of weight?
Last year as a junior 6'6" 225lb, this year, if that's him he looks as big as Paris Johnson

Went to 7v7. overall looked good.

Offense: Hudepohl took most of 1st team QB snaps, except in goal line pkg where Kreimer came and Kiessling moved to TE.

Wyatt looked good, much better than last time I saw him throw. Accuracy and decision making were greatly improved. Favorite target was Kreimer, who looked great. Other recievers looked like Clifford, Moeller, McIntire and Lang.

BTW captain vote came out: Mohn, Kreimer, Kiessling, Payne

D looked good. LB's included Bridges and Taylor rotating, Kiessling and Arthur at Mike. Sometimes Kiessling moved to Mike when other OLB's in.

Stockman is #16 worked at safety. Other corner had rotation. I think #7 was Jr Wiles Dolle, his brother was qb a few yrs back and Jacob Fitzpatrick (sr). Potts #30 was adjuster, and Hundley at safety. Ferguson looked really good in covg.

How exactly does 7v7 work when you run an odd front on defense? Do they just pull out one of the linebackers? Also was this just varsity or were jv and/or freshman involved too? Just asking because I was wondering if anyone was able to see freshman QB Barry McOckiner throw.

How exactly does 7v7 work when you run an odd front on defense? Do they just pull out one of the linebackers? Also was this just varsity or were jv and/or freshman involved too? Just asking because I was wondering if anyone was able to see freshman QB Barry McOckiner throw.

The 7 vs 7 was just varsity, no freshamn or JV, the freshman havent started yet outside the QBs and a Linebacker who are practicing with JV . you can line up however you please on defense, but if you know a team is throwing the ball then you are probably going to be in some type of defense that is geared toward stopping the pass.

BTW captain vote came out: Mohn, Kreimer, Kiessling, Payne
St%20X_1532459107437.jpg_93201157_ver1.0_640_480.jpg

I will ask one of the kids. Also heard Noah Taylor (Jr) in mix for OLB spot.

Looks to be his opposite Bridges with Arthur in the middle

2018 Projected Starting LBs
OLB #5 Noah Taylor Jr. 6’2” 210lb
ILB #40 Nate Arthur Sr. 5’11” 225lb
OLB (Jet) #23 Raja Bridges Sr. 6’0” 185lb

Surprised a junior got a single digit jersey

Most of the offensive depth chart is no mystery.
The line has 3 returning starters in LT Paris Johnson 6'7" 295lb (Ohio State commit), LG Jack Kirby 6'2" 290lb (offer from Penn) and RG Matt Mohn 6'2" 265lb (3 year starter)
Since Coach Allspach usually fills the voids with big upperclassmen, seniors Nurre (280lb) and Hoffman (300lb+) are the next men up but are no guarantee.

2018 Projected Offensive Line
LT #77 Paris Johnson Jr. 6’7” 295lb (Ohio State commit)
LG #70 Jack Kirby Jr. 6'2” 290lb (Ivy League interest)
C #62 Ryan Fleming Sr. 5’11” 240lb
RG #59 Matt Mohn Sr. 6’2” 265lb (3 year starter)
RT #75 Ethan Nurre Sr. 6’8” 305lb (D1 Prospect)

Anchored by a pair of 300lb D1 tackles

Went to 7v7. overall looked good.
Stockman is #16 worked at safety. Other corner had rotation. I think #7 was Jr Wiles Dolle, his brother was qb a few yrs back and Jacob Fitzpatrick (sr). Potts #30 was adjuster, and Hundley at safety. Ferguson looked really good in covg.

This looks like the secondary at this point

2018 Projected Defensive Secondary
Adj #30 Trevor Potts Sr. 5’9” 180lb
SS #4 Tucker Hundley Jr. 6’0” 185lb
FS #16 Nathan Stockman Sr. 6’1” 165lb
CB #7 Will Dolle Jr. 6’3” 170lb
CB #17 Ben Ferguson Sr. 5’10” 167lb

That leaves the QB/WR positions.
If junior Wyatt Hudepohl 6'2" 200lb (Kentucky baseball commit) develops as expected then senior Jared Kreimer 6'0" 175lb (offer from Eastern Michigan) and sophomore Liam Clifford (6'2" 185lb) will be running routes.
Kreimer will be heavily involved getting the ball on direct snaps, sweeps and receptions (600 yards last season)
Along with Kreimer and Clifford add a couple of long targets in junior Marshall Lang 6'4" 190lb and senior Ben Moeller 6'4" 170lb

From what I have seen of the 7 on 7's this looks like the aerial show

2018 Projected Passing Game
WR #81 Ben Moeller Sr. 6’3” 175lb
WR #2 Liam Clifford So. 6’1” 190lb
WR #10 Jared Kreimer Sr. 6'0” 185lb
WR #88 Marshall Lange Jr. 6’4” 205lb
Slot #82 Pat McIntyre Sr. 5’10” 170lb
QB #11 Wyatt Hudepohl Jr. 6’2” 191lb / #9 Drew Maier Jr. 6’2” 205lb

Maier the lefty transfer from Colorado is a very capable backup to Hudepohl as well as backup to the returning RBs

Defensively the big moves I anticipate are Kiessling from LB to DE, Bridges from secondary to OLB, Hundley and Mayer to the defensive backfield allowing Stockman to slide to CB opposite Ferguson.

Kiessling and Bridges both move to DE and LB respectively.

2018 Projected Defensive Line
RE #46 Will MacDonald Sr. 6’2” 230lb.
NG #43 Parker Rabie Sr. 5’9” 220lb
LE #45 Tom Kiessling Sr. 6’4” 240lb

All new faces on the DLine and all seniors.
That's a Bomber ReLoad

Although I hear sophomore Giovanni Albanese (6’0” 270lb) is getting looks at NG.
A few years back a 300lb sophomore NG won the starting job and was a 3 year Bomber starter before heading to Princeton University.

Add it all up and you get

Offense: 6 seniors (Kreimer, Payne, Mohn, Fleming, Moeller, McIntyre), 5 juniors (Johnson, Kirby, Lang, Hudepohl, Newman) and 1 sophomore (Clifford)

Defense: 8 seniors and 3 juniors (Hundley, Dolle, Taylor)

7v7 excludes the lineman other than a center. He just snaps. if Lb's blitz they stop across the line of scrimmage. it is all passing.

2 Liam Clifford So.
3 Chris Payne Sr.
4 Tucker Hundley Jr.
5 Noah Taylor Jr.
6 ????
7 Will Dolle Jr.
8 ????
9 Drew Maier Jr.

Single Digit jersey numbers are usually gobbled up by seniors.
This year is clearly an aberration.
A sophomore, a transfer junior and a majority of underclassmen
Strange

8 & 7 have taken on being heralded with X tradition. Especially 8. I would imagine Specht reserves that for someone he deems worthy and bestows it upon them more or less.

Marty Mooney
Ellliot Walker
Darius Ashley
Steven Daniels
Cam Specht

Josh Williams
Brandon Bryant
Fred Craig

Extra Duty
10 Jared Kreimer: wide receiver, wildcat QB, punter, kick returner
16 Noah Stockman: free safety, wide receiver
17 BJ Ferguson: cornerback, kick returner

I also heard Kiessling playing some TE as well.

Also, just a theory on the number change. N. Taylor was #10 last yr, as is Kreimer on 0ffense. Sometimes when Steve goes to the dime package he puts in the best available athlete as the 6th db. Last year it was Whitrock. This year it may be Kreimer especially if Kreimer is full time receiver, which would mean that there can't be two #10's on the same side of the ball. Or, I have way overthought this and Taylor likes #5 better.

I also heard Kiessling playing some TE as well.

Also, just a theory on the number change. N. Taylor was #10 last yr, as is Kreimer on 0ffense. Sometimes when Steve goes to the dime package he puts in the best available athlete as the 6th db. Last year it was Whitrock. This year it may be Kreimer especially if Kreimer is full time receiver, which would mean that there can't be two #10's on the same side of the ball. Or, I have way overthought this and Taylor likes #5 better.

you are exactly right, Kreimer may come on the field in prevent situations and there is a chance that Taylor could also be on the field.

You all may have heard, the sister of Quinn Early, starting tailback on '16 title team, was tragically killed in an auto accident over the weekend. Funeral is Saturday. Most importantly, please extend your prayers to the Early family. This may result in practice/scrimmage Saturday moving up or back so coaches and the seniors that played varsity with Quinn as sophs can attend the service, as well as any other team member.

Projected Starting Lineups for Tomorrow's Intrasquad Scrimmage

Offense
LT #77 Paris Johnson Jr. 6’8” 295lb
LG #70 Jack Kirby Jr. 6'2” 286lb
C #62 Ryan Fleming Sr. 5’11” 240lb
RG #59 Matt Mohn Sr. 6’2” 260lb
RT #75 Ethan Nurre Sr. 6’8” 305lb
WR #81 Ben Moeller Sr. 6’3” 175lb
WR #2 Liam Clifford So. 6’1” 190lb
WR #10 Jared Kreimer Sr. 6'0” 185lb
WR #88 Marshall Lange Jr. 6’4” 205lb
Slot #82 Pat McIntyre Sr. 5’10” 170lb
QB #11 Wyatt Hudepohl Jr. 6’2” 191lb / #9 Drew Maier Jr. 6’2” 205lb
RB #3 Chris Payne Sr. 6’1” 209lb / #20 Kellen Newman Jr. 5’7” 178lb / #9 Drew Maier Jr. 6’2” 205lb

Defense
RE #46 Will MacDonald Sr. 6’2” 230lb.
NG #43 Parker Rabie Sr. 5’9” 220lb / Giovanni Albanese So. 6’0” 270lb
LE #45 Tom Kiessling Sr. 6’4” 240lb
OLB #5 Noah Taylor Jr. 6’2” 210lb
ILB #40 Nate Arthur Sr. 5’11” 225lb
OLB #23 Raja Bridges Sr. 6’0” 185lb
Adj #30 Trevor Potts Sr. 5’9” 180lb
SS #4 Tucker Hundley Jr. 6’0” 185lb
FS #16 Nathan Stockman Sr. 6’1” 165lb
CB #7 Will Dolle Jr. 6’3” 170lb
CB #17 Ben Ferguson Sr. 5’10” 167lb

Looks great.

I think Kreimer committed to Holy Cross. Reload??

Some of the 1v1 matchups will fun to watch. Kreimer v Ferguson on the outside, and when Kiessling lines up at right end, Kiessling v Johnson.

Great test for a lot of the new guys.

Scrimmage update anyone ?

P.S. Go Bombers !!!

Clifford’s 65 yard TD run down the sidelines on a WR sweep was the play of the scrimmage for me.
Him, Kreimer and Newman can get to the end zone in a hurry from anywhere on the field.
Newman’s burst of speed put him across the goal line 3 times.
Based on his performance in the post season last year Payne should likely be included in this group.

Looks like Hudepohl and Kreimer will share the QB position.
Plenty of WR targets in Clifford, Lang, Moeller and McIntyre
Lang lined up as blocking TE in run game sets.
Nurre and Mohn switched positions on the right side of the line.

Defensively Kiessling at end and Bridges at jet will be the big playmakers in the front 6. The secondary is solid with Ferguson and Dolle at the corners and safeties, Hundley, Stockman and Potts

Agree. Thought Payne looked like a bowling ball when ran over a defender and knocked his helmet off. I saw Stockman playing some WR, and Kiessling some TE, so expect some double duty for those two as well.