2018 Bengals

What is the buzz in Cincy land for a new HC?

With the Cardinals getting tested and proven HC, will the bengals one up them and go for a Cincy area recently fired HS coach?!?!?!

Latest is that Vance Joseph is going to the Bengals as HC. Rather have Lewis back, Joseph was 11 - 21 in 2 years at Denver. Broncos hired Vic Fangio for their job, like to see the Bengals hire Todd Monken Tampa Bays OC but it wont happen. Mikey will hire somebody he is familiar with.

Bengals are reportedly done with interviews. Supposedly MB will hire from this group according to Paul Dehner ( sp ) Bengal beat writer. Eric Bienemy, Shane Waldron, Zac Taylor or Todd Monken. Any of those would be better than Joseph IMO.

Last edited:
Looks like it is Taylor.
Most if not all the assts were let go yesterday as the new coach has his staff already.

They wont keep Hue. All the bad press out of Cleveland will likely follow him for a long time

Looks like it is Taylor.
Most if not all the assts were let go yesterday as the new coach has his staff already.

They wont keep Hue. All the bad press out of Cleveland will likely follow him for a long time

....as will his post-firing redemption tour on the networks.

Schefty & Mort reporting they're targeting Zac Taylor over on BSPN

God, the League needs to hop off McVay’s tip. He’s impressive, but just bc some mother fckers know the guy, doesn’t mean they’re as good of a Coach.

Here is the thing with Klingsbury....If he hadn't been fired by TT and then went to USC , would he even have been interviewed for this job?

Seems like his firing and then hiring at USC put his name out there

Here is the thing with Klingsbury....If he hadn't been fired by TT and then went to USC , would he even have been interviewed for this job?

Seems like his firing and then hiring at USC put his name out there

The League is caught up on finding the next McVay, so they’re hiring anyone with the slightest connection to him. I think it’s a dumb approach, McVay’s skills aren’t transferable.

The League is caught up on finding the next McVay, so they’re hiring anyone with the slightest connection to him. I think it’s a dumb approach, McVay’s skills aren’t transferable.

McVay is a savant. I doubt people from his "tree" inherited that same trait. Just because you worked with a great coach (see Belichick tree) doesn't mean you're cut out to be a successful HC.

Its out that Hue is gone. He should take comfort that he could go 4-6 in the GCL South.

I read that Taylor is married to Mike Sherman's daughter. Sheesh. It will be interesting to see how these young guys do when it comes to managing the team, the media, the clock, their staff, etc. Hard Knocks will have plenty to chose from this summer.

Last edited:
Its out that Hue is gone. He should take comfort that he could go 4-6 in the GCL South.

I read that Taylor is married to Mike Sherman's daughter. Sheesh. It will be interesting to see how these young guys do when it comes to managing the team, the media, the clock, their staff, etc. Hard Knocks will have plenty to chose from this summer.

Hue’s a proven OC. He was a disaster as an HC, but someone should hire him.

Did a good job as Bengals OC. That's why he got the Browns head job.

Yup

When he had Andrew behind a solid line with four good targets, Hue helped him to look like a world-beater.

In combination with that D, the Bengals looked tough.......and then came Andy's Big Tackle. Followed by Tez's big hit. And Mikey's fire sale.

I've never seen a window close so rapidly. It was amazing.

We Browns' fans are happy in that we seem to be leaving the AFC North's cellar. It also seems that a new occupant is all ready to drop in to that spot at the bottom :D

Yup

When he had Andrew behind a solid line with four good targets, Hue helped him to look like a world-beater.

In combination with that D, the Bengals looked tough.......and then came Andy's Big Tackle. Followed by Tez's big hit. And Mikey's fire sale.

I've never seen a window close so rapidly. It was amazing.

We Browns' fans are happy in that we seem to be leaving the AFC North's cellar. It also seems that a new occupant is all ready to drop in to that spot at the bottom :D

Hope it's the Steelers.

Did a good job as Bengals OC. That's why he got the Browns head job.

The last season he was the OC, Dalton was an MVP candidate before he up his thumb making a tackle. Hue even made AJ McCarron look like a decent NFL QB.

Hue is hardly a lone in his career trajectory. There’s a long list of great Coordinators who failed as HCs: Norv Turner, Wade Phillips, Dom Capers, Buddy Ryan, Dick Lebeau, etc.