2018 Bengals

It appears he can't opt out. I thought he was upset with Marvin and I thought if that was true he may have had it with Mike Brown.

I really think the Bengals would have been something had Caraon not gone down. I'm not talking dynasty but I could have seen them being a significant challenger to Pitt, NE, and Indy. Could have seen them have one of those seasons where everything lined up right in the playoffs and Carson would have elevated the team above Marvin's ineptitude to make it to a Superbowl or AFC championship game

Maybe it is the kid in me thinking they could be that good.

I agree. Palmer was never right (in Cincy) after he got hurt. I noticed when they played the Browns his throws seemed to sail on him after the injury. Firmly believe they would've beaten Pittsburgh in that game. Huge buzzkill for Bengal fans.

Why? Vance Joseph has ties there and he's likely out in Denver. In fact, I had heard that if Marvin was gone and Joseph was available, he could be the top choice. If Jay Gruden becomes available I'd think he'd be the one.

Who would want three loser coaches in charge of your team? On second thought, maybe Mike Brown.

What scares me is Marvin Lewis is by far and away the best coaching hire Mike Brown has made and that is saying something.

Best scenario would be somehow Zimmer getting ran out of town in Minnesota and he ends up falling into Mike Brown's lap. Unlikely to happen though.

We have gone almost 20 years since we have been last graced with a Mike Brown coaching search. Unfortunately the grass may not be greener, but the change is necessary.

What scares me is Marvin Lewis is by far and away the best coaching hire Mike Brown has made and that is saying something.

Best scenario would be somehow Zimmer getting ran out of town in Minnesota and he ends up falling into Mike Brown's lap. Unlikely to happen though.

We have gone almost 20 years since we have been last graced with a Mike Brown coaching search. Unfortunately the grass may not be greener, but the change is necessary.

They need to just hire Hue.

He took Oakland from a bad team to .500, and it fell again after he left.
Cincy offense flourished when he was there.
Then he went to Cleveland to nation build and Cleveland is reaping the benefits right now with how well he has molded that team.

Then he went to Cleveland to nation build and Cleveland is reaping the benefits right now with how well he has molded that team.

Is this one of your reverse jinxes, hoping the Bengals choose the worst candidate possible? Hue is the worst head coach of ALL time. Cleveland doesn't sniff 7 wins if he stays the whole season.

You could take the 85 Bears and "You" Jackson would make them a .500 team.

Is this one of your reverse jinxes, hoping the Bengals choose the worst candidate possible? Hue is the worst head coach of ALL time. Cleveland doesn't sniff 7 wins if he stays the whole season.

Look it up.

OAK sucked before, and right after HUE.
Bengals offense flourished under HUT, and not so much aftwards.

He bit the bullet, was a good soldier in Cleveland and was the perfect architect for the program to tear it down, and build it up and now has it set up for success going forward.

You ever watch Bar Rescue? Hue is like that Tapper guy and leaves once all the hard, dirty work is done and then lets them either swin (or sink) on their own but does all the tough work to set them up for success.

Look it up.

He bit the bullet, was a good soldier in Cleveland and was the perfect architect for the program to tear it down, and build it up and now has it set up for success going forward.

You ever watch Bar Rescue? Hue is like that Tapper guy and leaves once all the hard, dirty work is done and then lets them either swin (or sink) on their own but does all the tough work to set them up for success.

I know the Oakland/Cincy part is correct but not Cleveland. He was an organizational cancer who started Tyrod to buy himself time and Baker was supposed to be his "ace in the hole" to try to save his arse. Problem is, the whole organization knew, from training camp, that Mayfield was ready and was holding him back...hence the stare down and "fake" comments about Hue. There truly is bad blood between BM and Hue.

You noticed me calling him "You?" That's because it 's NEVER his fault and he's not shy about tossing anyone under the bus. If you truly hate the Bengals, you'd wish that pox of a HC on them.

Last edited:
I know the Oakland/Cincy part is correct but not Cleveland. He was an organizational cancer who started Tyrod to buy himself time and Baker was supposed to be his "ace in the hole" to try to save his arse. Problem is, the whole organization knew, from training camp, that Mayfield was ready and was holding him back...hence the stare down and "fake" comments about Hue. There truly is bad blood between BM and Hue.

You noticed me calling him "You?" That's because it 's NEVER his fault and he's not shy about tossing anytime under the bus. If you truly hate the Bengals, you'd wish that pox of a HC on them.

My statements just goes to show you can make any argument look like a pretty decent one

Personally, I wish Hue would somehow get back to Clevelan!

Look it up.

Then let's hope he is named head coach of the Bengals.

Then let's hope he is named head coach of the Bengals.

Tank-a-potamus Hue is the best choice. Trade Andrew for picks, go 1-15 beating only Pittspuke next year, and be in position to pick Justin Herbert #1 next year. He's not coming out for the draft, but is staying with the Ducks for his senior year.

Hire Sashi as a consultant.

I'm not joking......except for the Pittspuke line.... Don't take any chances. 0-16. Start another streak for Hue, trick him into jumping in to the North Bend in March for a little dip.

Marvin Lewis fired by Bengals; Mike Brown was concerned by the lack of attendance, per Enquirer. Will you Bengal fans accept Hue or revolt?

The deed has been done, but I now fear the reality of Mike Brown hiring a coach. Marvin was by far the best he has hired in his ownership tenure. If his cheap promotes Hue, expect a major fan revolt.

Best case is probably to pray Zimmer gets fired and falls into their laps, with Hue staying to call the plays.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Marvin Lewis fired by Bengals; Mike Brown was concerned by the lack of attendance, per Enquirer. Will you Bengal fans accept Hue or revolt?

Revolt. Hue will take the year off and either do TV or write a blog.

Bengals will probably go value for this coach search. Best candidate for the price Brown is willing to pay, maybe even tank this year for a QB in a good 2020 class.

The deed has been done, but I now fear the reality of Mike Brown hiring a coach. Marvin was by far the best he has hired in his ownership tenure. If his cheap promotes Hue, expect a major fan revolt.

Best case is probably to pray Zimmer gets fired and falls into their laps, with Hue staying to call the plays.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
100% agree. Was just mentioning this to my friend.

If hue is hired I don't think I will ever watch another Bengals game

Revolt. Hue will take the year off and either do TV or write a blog.

Bengals will probably go value for this coach search. Best candidate for the price Brown is willing to pay, maybe even tank this year for a QB in a good 2020 class.

I doubt Brown would intentionally tank. It would most likely be a natural byproduct of his great effort to win his way.