2018 - 2019 Canton McKinley Girls Basketball Schedule

Final: McKinley 60 - Avon Lake 33

Lady pups will play Toledo Notre Dame Academy at noon on Saturday.

Lady Pups trailing 26-14 at the half. Bell picked up two fouls in the first quarter. They were outscored 16-4 in the 2nd quarter. The ND quickness seems to be causing issues for McKinley.

McKinley starts 2nd half with a 6-0 run to cut lead to 26-20. Bell steal and score makes it 26-22. ND takes a timeout.

A lot of fouls called in this game, so foul trouble could become a factor in the 2nd half.

Johnson scores for ND. 28-22. Jump ball called and ball stays with McKinley. Missed another three and ball goes back to ND. Foul on Terrell....her 4th...she checks out. Bell gets block, but ball stays with ND. Shot missed, bell lost ball, bell block, traveling on ND....ball back to McKinley. 4:05 in the 3rd. Kramer to line for two...makes both. 28-24 ND up.

McK forces turnover with 10 second call. ND steal on inbound and gets fouled (Foster, 2nd)...made one foul shot. 29-24. McK timeout with about 3:30 in the 3rd. Bell is fouled and goes to line for two....makes both...29-26.

ND deliberate, but came up empty. Bell rebound, Flynn 3 ties the game at 29.

ND being deliberate again....ran several minutes off the clock, shot missed, ND rebound, steal and McK layup is missed. ND gets a layup to go up 31-29 with 58 seconds. Foster shot is no good, foul on McK...ND with ball...shot no good and McK runs to tie it at 31....18 seconds....turnover by ND with 4 seconds....Bell shot is no good.

End of 3...tied at 31. McKinley wins the 3rd quarter 17-5. Gonna go down to the wire.

Last edited:
Lady Pups trailing 26-14 at the half. Bell picked up two fouls in the first quarter. They were outscored 16-4 in the 2nd quarter. The ND size and quickness seems to be causing issues for McKinley.

McKinley starts 2nd half with a 6-0 run to cut lead to 26-20. Bell steal and score makes it 26-22. ND takes a timeout.

A lot of fouls called in this game, so foul trouble could become a factor in the 2nd half.

Johnson scores for ND. 28-22. Jump ball called and ball stays with McKinley. Missed another three and ball goes back to ND. Foul on Terrell....her 4th...she checks out. Bell gets block, but ball stays with ND. Shot missed, bell lost ball, bell block, traveling on ND....ball back to McKinley. 4:05 in the 3rd. Kramer to line for two...makes both. 28-24 ND up.

McK forces turnover with 10 second call. ND steal on inbound and gets fouled (Foster, 2nd)...made one foul shot. 29-24. McK timeout with about 3:30 in the 3rd. Bell is fouled and goes to line for two....makes both...29-26.

ND deliberate, but came up empty. Bell rebound, Flynn 3 ties the game at 29.

Thank you for the update, just a fan!

starting 4th 31-31

ND starts the 4th with the ball...shot missed, Kramer gets board and is fouled. McK ball....shot is blocked by the ND freshman, ball stays with McK...timeout McK.

McK being patient....Bell scores to give McK lead 33-31. ND also being patient...5:38 remaining...Bell gets steal, Sales shot missed....charge called on ND...4th for ND player...McK with ball. Terrell back in with her 4 fouls...five second call gives ball back to ND.

ND with ball...4:30...foul on McK sends the ND freshman to the line for two...makes 1...33-32 McK....McK runs and Bell gets the offensive foul call. Ball back to ND...five second call gives the ball back to McK with 3:52 on the clock.

McK up 33-32, with ball...moving ball...3:10...2:40...Bell scores and is fouled. ND player fouls out and Bell goes to the line. FT is good 36-32 McK with 2:20 left.

ND scores quickly to make it 36-34. TO called.

The last few minutes...

McK with ball and 36-34 lead. Terrell is fouled and will go to line...1st is good, 2nd is good...38-34.

ND with ball...across center court...shot is blocked by Bell (4th), another block by Bell...Mck with ball. McK to line for foul shots...1-1...missed and rebounded by ND. Under a minute and ND is fouled....two shots...makes one, ND rebound...3 is made and game is tied at 38. McK turnover. 38 seconds left.

ND with ball...taking time off clock...25 seconds...20...13...time out called with 9.9 seconds left.

The shot is good with 2.4 seconds left. ND up 40-38.

McK calls a timeout to come up with a prayer play....ND calls time out. McK takes a timeout...both teams out of timeouts.
Officials holding things up for some reason...here we go...

McK to inbound from under the ND basket....Shot is no good and ND advances.

Notre Dame finishes the game on a 6-0 run to get the W. A tough loss for the Lady Pups. Hold your heads high!

Congrats and best of luck to Notre Dame Academy.

Last edited:
Never mind i found the score
Mt ND 40
Pups 38

Great career Ms. Bell. Brian i dont agree with that. It just wasnt to be

Great comeback and effort by our Lady Pups! I thought you had them with a minute to go, but in the tournament you have to be lucky as well as good, and sadly, luck was with the other team today! You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, as the team from Toledo is a very experienced, talented, and well-coached team
I wish them continued luck in Columbus (unless they play Glenoak). We are all very proud of you and the effort you gave today! Thank you for a great run and season!. Good luck to all in the future!

Always, always keep the faith!

Go Canton McKinley Lady Pups!

When you are down six the last thing you need is your bench making things tougher by picking up Technical fouls.

Were you there phog? While I agree the timing was tough, the complaints were well-founded. Foster took three charges in the game, two were called charges and this one was called a block? :shrug:

Great comeback and effort by our Lady Pups! I thought you had them with a minute to go, but in the tournament you have to be lucky as well as good, and sadly, luck was with the other team today! You have absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, as the team from Toledo is a very experienced, talented, and well-coached team
I wish them continued luck in Columbus (unless they play Glenoak). We are all very proud of you and the effort you gave today! Thank you for a great run and season!. Good luck to all in the future!

Always, always keep the faith!

Go Canton McKinley Lady Pups!

Tough way to lose no doubt but everything that could go wrong in the last minute did... abnormally long rebound on the ft leads to offensive board and quick swing for the open 3, Terrell slips turning up the floor on the inbounds (with contact but nothing that would be called at that level/in that moment), and Johnson made a great play against great defense. Props to ND for finishing the game.

Were you there phog? While I agree the timing was tough, the complaints were well-founded. Foster took three charges in the game, two were called charges and this one was called a block? :shrug:

Yes, I was there. The play happened at the other end of the floor from where I was sitting. Did it look like a charge to me? Yes.

Later in the game Foster got a charge call most officials wouldn't have given her because she was falling backwards before there was any contact. These things tend to even themselves out.

My point the kids need to play with poise and composure. And coaches need to demonstrate this also and not get themselves to a point where an official is even thinking about "T"ing them up.

I am not sure who got the "T", but I hope they were a big enough person to apologize to the kids.

I recall the one where she was falling backwards. That's the norm even to absorb the contact. It's not what matters. Was the offensive player trying to put two masses into the same space. As for the one, which was called a charge, announcers agreed and on replay called it a bit closer than they thought. I agree with their second assessment. At game speed it could reasonably have gone either way. However, the T did no good. I thought perhaps it had to do with other calls (which I thought were correct). It was very bad timing in my opinion also.

But ultimately, the coaches game plan for the score in front of them. McKinley led after those facts so they are not relevant to the final score. It was as already said, a that's the way the ball bounces final. ND kid made a great play on that last basket. McKinley made the correct call to get the ball in for an uncontested shot.

The first McKinley boys team to reach the state final lost on a buzzer beater.

Luck, good or bad, usually plays its role.

This team will go down as one of the school's greatest ever! :clap:

KB is one of the greatest girl's players in Ohio history! :clap:

What a ridiculous statement... but have your ridiculous "I told you so" moment :clap::clap::clap:

My statement has nothing to do with the overall record which by the way was excellent but I've seen excellent 3, 4 and 5 years records forever at McKinley. Bottom line is you probably won't see a team like this for 10 to 20 years.

My statement has nothing to do with the overall record which by the way was excellent but I've seen excellent 3, 4 and 5 years records forever at McKinley. Bottom line is you probably won't see a team like this for 10 to 20 years.

fan angst from every fan ever watching a star graduate and move on. You've seen excellent 3,4 and 5 year records forever at McKinley for a reason that isn't changing and so will see it again very soon.

Be honest now. If I were to let you bet $100 that McKinley WON'T see a regional final within the next three years, you wouldn't make the bet.

I don't think there have been many excellent 3, 4, 5 year records on the girls basketball side.

Fact is, since the 1970s, only the 2009 - 2012 teams had greater success than the program has had over the past four seasons.

Given that the two best streaks in the program's history took place in the past decade, there's reason to believe there will be more.

You really don't realize how dumb you look every time you continue to spout off this ridiculous rumor do you?

I knew you couldn’t resist. Tell me then, if she wins Miss Basketball, which she should.

Who is the oldest recipient of that award at the time they received said award?

You are all knowing MCGal, the expert of Yappi, by far more knowledgeable than any poster in Yappiland when it comes to girls basketball.

BTW when someone puts (lol) at the end of a comment, it means they are making a joke, you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I knew you couldn’t resist. Tell me then, if she wins Miss Basketball, which she should.

BTW when someone puts (lol) at the end of a comment, it means they are making a joke, you

We know what LOL means. We also know that you weren't joking. You came into a McKinley thread to launch an insult against a McKinley athlete. Period.

Pathetic. Period.

You are all knowing MCGal, the expert of Yappi, by far more knowledgeable than any poster in Yappiland when it comes to girls basketball.

lol

Thanks JAF... that kid just doesn't get it.

And there lies the problem, you do not know the age cut off for being a kid!

Let’s talk wrestling, two high school wrestlers both weighing 106 pounds. You cannot tell me that the 19-year-old almost 20 year old senior does not have an advantage over a 14-year-old freshman.
The same would hold true in basketball