2018-19 Ohio State Basketball

So extremely frustrated with IU right this season. The expectations were high but man did they just flat out suck against anyone not named MSU.

Too early to fire the new coach, but man this just isn't going the way many of us IU fans were expecting.

They certainly made things interesting down the stretch. It has to be encouraging though to get good games from both Woods and Andre Wesson.

We'll see what happens tomorrow. I think they need to at least be competitive to feel good about their tournament chances. This feels like a year where the bubble will shrink some. West Virginia and Xavier are advancing to their conference tournament semifinals. Buffalo is an upset away from the MAC being a two bid league.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I wonder how the committee will take into account Wesson's suspension and the fact that OSU was 0-3 without him. (And thus 19-10 with him)

Could a bid be stolen in the PAC?

Hopefully, Washington wins out. Looks like ASU will sneak in. However, I can totally see someone like Colorado winning that dumpster fire of a conference. Is that conference good at anything nowadays?

Big games in the PAC today. Colorado and Oregon are both capable of stealing the auto bid.

Can't remember a team so turnover happy,just never got better and Wesson with his fouls.

Really hurt when Woods got his 3rd foul and had to sit, really was the only capable guard twds. the end of the year. With out Wesson, OSU has no inside presence at all. The frosh on this team showed very little development, Ahrens can shoot when open but needs to become much more physical. Hopefully Carton and Liddell are as good as advertised and Ledee improves drastically next season.

8-12 in conference. I don’t think any team with that conference record should get to play in the tourney. Would much rather see a lower conference team with a great record get in

It would be nice if one of the young guys (Muhammad, Washington or Ahrens) got hot and gave Wesson some scoring help.

They seem to be able to hang with most teams, just have a hard time getting over the hump.

Holtmann deserves his bonus after guiding this team to the NCAA. Losing Bates-Diop last year and then having Potter transfer right before the season. Miracle worker.

Holtmann deserves his bonus after guiding this team to the NCAA. Losing Bates-Diop last year and then having Potter transfer right before the season. Miracle worker.

I think most fans realized that this year might be a little rough. The real influx of talent arrives in a few months.

Holtmann deserves a ton of credit, yet people only talk about the loses.

It would be miraculous if they somehow beat the Big XII tournament champ in the first round.

It would be miraculous if they somehow beat the Big XII tournament champ in the first round.

I know you are being sarcastic, as Iowa State had 11 losses ( including a 98 to 84 loss to Iowa ) on the season and finished 9 - 9 in the Big 12 this year.

Last edited:

NCAA is horrible this year, OSU finished 8 - 12 in the BIG that is nothing miraculous. It would not surprise me in the least though if OSU would win its 1st 2 games, as Iowa State has 11 losses on the season and UC just beat Houston.

I know you are being sarcastic, as Iowa State had 11 losses on the season and finished 9 - 9 in the Big 12 this year.
I'm actually not being sarcastic. They have a lot more quality wins than Ohio State. I thought that the Big XII was really solid top to bottom this year; there aren't really any easy nights in that league. The only "bad" teams were Oklahoma State and West Virginia, and West Virginia played most of the year without one or both of their two best players. Everyone else could beat anyone any night.

Iowa State went 6-2 against Texas Tech, Kansas and K-State. Ohio State didn't do anything close to that this year. They basically beat UC at the beginning of the year, and I have doubts they could have replicated that later in the season. The Bucks are a pretty sizeable underdog here IMO.

Just be nice to play someone out of the B1G and a change of officiating,Wesson and a few Freshman need to man up or they are OUT...BAM!