2018-19 Ohio State Basketball

FormerWildcat

Yappi Supporter
they don't exactly need a star. They just need somebody to plug a gaping hole in the rotation.
Totally agree. It doesn't have to be a superstar; it just needs to be someone who doesn't get owned by the opposing team's center for the (hopefully) last 6-8 minutes of the first half if/when Wesson gets two fouls.

ceebass13

I have read that Daniel Giddens is coming back for a visit today. He would provide some post depth when Wesson gets in foul trouble, and only tie up a scholarship for one year.

Raymo

Will Wesson make it thru the whole season next year,sure let his team down at the end this season.

Raymo

Anything new on getting a couple BIG players to come play for the BUCKEYES this coming season?

FormerWildcat

Yappi Supporter
Anything new on getting a couple BIG players to come play for the BUCKEYES this coming season?
The Bucks got a commitment from Prolific Prep center Ibrahima Diallo "over Pittsburgh, DePaul, Florida State and South Florida."

While that sounds pretty good initially, I think everyone knows this guy is a project, and hopefully, he turns out to be a more successful project than Micah Potter. Personally, I'm afraid this is Micah Potter 2.0 all over again, but I hope I'm wrong.

https://www.cleveland.com/osu/2019/04/ohio-state-basketball-lands-commitment-from-three-star-center-ibrahima-diallo.html

nwwarrior09

Due to his background and relatively limited exposure to "high level" basketball, this is a guy that I would expect to improve dramatically over his first two years, assuming he hangs around. I probably wouldn't expect much initially, but I could see him eventually becoming a force down the line.

If he can spell Wesson for 8-10 minutes a game and just hold his own, that would fill a huge need for next year's team.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Raymo

Due to his background and relatively limited exposure to "high level" basketball, this is a guy that I would expect to improve dramatically over his first two years, assuming he hangs around. I probably wouldn't expect much initially, but I could see him eventually becoming a force down the line.

If he can spell Wesson for 8-10 minutes a game and just hold his own, that would fill a huge need for next year's team.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
Amen,something Potter could have done last year if he didn't run away...would have gotten a ton of playing time.

cjb56

Buckeyes with Villanova and UC at home, Kentucky and West Virginia at neutral sites and North Carolina on the road. That is a refreshing change from the lightweight OOC schedules favored by Thaddeus.

Raymo

Buckeyes with Villanova and UC at home, Kentucky and West Virginia at neutral sites and North Carolina on the road. That is a refreshing change from the lightweight OOC schedules favored by Thaddeus.
That is a HUGE change,going to be fun again watching the Bucks hoop.

Raymo

Article in The Rep today on coach and his travels this month looking for his type of player.