2018-19 Cincinnati Bearcats

Termite2

Bearcats are 1-1 on their current tour of Canadian colleges

They opened with a 85-57 over Ottawa.
They lost to Carleton, Canadian University Champions 13 of the last 16 years: looks like UC needs to learn some defense, Forward Eddie Ekiyor was 13/15 for 26 pts, interior defense was a sieve. Carleton guard Munis Tutu hit 5- 3 pt
In the 2 game played so far, So G Keith Williams has played wel for UC,

Go Cats. Pumped for tonight. What's with the 6 pm start?

May be a slight down year compared to the last couple, but I still see 20-25 wins and a probable NCAA bid. Scoring will be the main concern but when isn't it under Cronin?

My excitement for the new arena lasted for about 7 minutes until I realized that Cronin once again cannot coach offensive basketball. God almighty

Doesn't help that Cumberland has been on the bench the majority of the half. The offense is putrid, though. No one can finish. The bigs aren't making me feel great about the rest of the season.

Too many role players on this team who don't belong on the court for more than 15 minutes a game. Mick better polish up his resume.

This team doesn't seem to have the ability to turn defense into points. They don't know what to do with the ball once they get it.

Justin Jenifer is a MAC level player. Zero reason for him to get more than 5-10 minutes a game now that Logan Johnson is here to spell Broome. Really hope Tre Scott pulls things together. They'll need him to be a jack of all trades to hit 20+ wins and a tourney appearance.

17 of 62 for 27.4% from the Field is just plain awful. 23% from 3 is just as bad. Could be a long season for Midget Mick and his team.

And of course Mick says that they lost because of defense lol what the hell is wrong with this guy?

"I know people don't want to hear this because you're going to ask me about our offense...but what I'm gonna' tell you is a math quiz. Ok, if Ohio State scored 27 in the first half, and we would have held them to 27 in the second half, we would have won by two."

Christ.

mirror image of the 2013 team with SK on it.

Cumberland early foul trouble kept him off the court most of the 1st half.
He helped in the 2nd half with 22pts

one thing i LOVE about this team/program is Cronin doesn't deflect any of the to anyone else he takes ownership on the L's

The bigs on this team are awful compared to the last couple of seasons. Cumberland picking up stupid fouls didn't help last night - thought he would have learned after that Nevada game last year.

Moore, Broome and Williams are pass first guys. They all can score but none of them really go get a bucket when needed. Broome is the only one of those three who can create his own offense.

Jenifer is what he is - scrappy defender and decent pass first PG. Thought his development would have taken the next step but he still showed he isn't ready to lead the offense when the game is on the line. He's serviceable in spurts throughout the game.

Just saw that the Warriors sent Jacob Evans to the G league.

Nice for him to go to an organization like that, but he probably could have used another year to become "the man" offensively. A lot of the offense moved between he, Gary and Kyle last year and though his draft stock was fairly high - he probably could have used an additional year to refine his ball handling and jumpshot. Bearcats definitely missed him last night.

Wtf is going on with Cumberland this year? Fouled out with 3 pts today. Luckily UC escapes with a win

Wtf is going on with Cumberland this year? Fouled out with 3 pts today. Luckily UC escapes with a win

Seems like he's still taking time to adjust to his new role as prime facilitator.

He's shot 13/39 (33.3%) against the 3 best teams they've faced so far this year (OSU, Ole Miss, and UNLV) versus 26/58 (44.8%) against the other 5 teams.

His foul situation also likely altered his play against UNLV.

Decisive win X looked like they were not ready to compete and gave up in second half

UCLA isn't a good team, but I did not expect that result. Never would have thought UC would sweep the Bruins in a home and home the way they did (14 out there and 29 here) the past two years. Nice bounce back win after losing a tough one to Miss St over the weekend.

UCLA isn't a good team, but I did not expect that result. Never would have thought UC would sweep the Bruins in a home and home the way they did (14 out there and 29 here) the past two years. Nice bounce back win after losing a tough one to Miss St over the weekend.

Night and day difference in confidence (along with offensive competence) between the OSU and UCLA games. This team seemingly has no limit to how good they can be at home when they play with that level of intensity 40 minutes.

I'll stand by my statements of Justin Jenifer in previous years, but this year he has finally looked like he belongs on a borderline/top 25 team. Hopefully he keeps hitting the 3 at the rate he is. I believe 46% on the year.

Wow, Keith Williams has really progressed this year. I thought between the two of him and Moore, Moore would be the one to make a jump and be the #2/#3 guy with Cumberland and Broome. Speaking of which, hopefully Broome figures things out. His 3pt shooting, and really shooting in general, has been bad this year. He's disappeared in UC's biggest games this year in OSU, XU, MSU and now UCLA.

Really wanted them to hit triple digits last night, I don't think I've seen them hit 100+ in person before.

How was Moses Brown a 5*? Most of his points came in garbage time and Brooks, who is far from an offensive juggernaut, had some easy baskets against Brown.