2017 Pittsburgh Steelers

Rothlisberger is on a big time decline. It will be interesting to see if the Steelers can make him a decent enough game manger to make a super bowl run while they still have a window. I just don't think the defense is good enough to make up for his decline.

I think the defense could be good enough. Ben will be fine. Not the Ben of 5 years ago but good enough.

if Bryant was trying to dispel rumors about wanting a trade last week, he certainly wasn't hiding his feelings this week.

how about be happy that your team won 29-14?

whatever. if he's going to be a distraction all year then trade him. however, i don't want another team to benefit from his talent.

also, now that other teams KNOW that he wants out, steelers have no leverage to get anything for him.

If Bryant was that much of a talent, Pittsburgh would have figured out how to use him more. It's pretty apparent they've figured out Schuster is a more dangerous weapon and they're slowly transitioning out of addict cry baby Bryant to Schuster.

Bryant does have a lot of talent but for whatever reason he isn't being used that well by Haley and Ben doesn't seem to be looking for him.

Someone would trade for him but probably not for more than a 5th rounder right now, and I don't think that's worth it to the Steelers considering his upside. This is an issue that has to be addressed internally.

He'd be better off not being such a whiny baby and talk to his coaches and QB about it. I don't get the self-sabotage here. Dumb.

Did anybody know that Dwayne Woodruff was a judge in Pittsburgh? I had no idea until today (election day) that he's been a muni judge for about a decade and for the 2nd time is running for the state supreme court. He also practice law the last 3 years of his NFL career. So he apparently was studying law during his free time at Duquesne in the early/mid 80s

If any steelers fans get the chance look up the this guys bio. Very impressive. Also 3 professional adult children. Thought I bring it up due to this forum being slow and a positive story about a (former) player as opposed to the bevy of negative stories.

Thr Steelers are 7-14 on the road against sub .500 teams since 2012. Wow.

Managed somehow to pull this one out. My son and I were at the game, first half and first 5 min of the second were dismal. Amazing number of Steeler fans there, 50/50 at least. Lucas Oil is an impressive facility.

Managed somehow to pull this one out. My son and I were at the game, first half and first 5 min of the second were dismal. Amazing number of Steeler fans there, 50/50 at least. Lucas Oil is an impressive facility.

went to the game as well. Lucas Oil is awesome. that was first time being at ANY event at this stadium.

one suggestion if you're ever going to a game there - don't park NEAR the stadium at all. park further away and walk to the stadium. easier getting out after. took us nearly 45 minutes just to leave our parking area.

otherwise, great finish. good to get a win on the road.

went to the game as well. Lucas Oil is awesome. that was first time being at ANY event at this stadium.

one suggestion if you're ever going to a game there - don't park NEAR the stadium at all. park further away and walk to the stadium. easier getting out after. took us nearly 45 minutes just to leave our parking area.

otherwise, great finish. good to get a win on the road.

Agree with the parking although it didn't take us 45 minutes. Did you park in the Facility lot? We were late to getting tickets so sat in the top level. There was not a Colts fan near us. Do you think 50/50 fan base in attendance is pretty accurate? We were in a bar before the game, met with my niece and her husband who live in the area. That place was 90% Steeler.

Agree with the parking although it didn't take us 45 minutes. Did you park in the Facility lot? We were late to getting tickets so sat in the top level. There was not a Colts fan near us. Do you think 50/50 fan base in attendance is pretty accurate? We were in a bar before the game, met with my niece and her husband who live in the area. That place was 90% Steeler.

i was second level, corner endzone.

i'd say 50/50 is about right.

i think i just picked a bad spot to park is all.

I don't know how they managed to pull that out after playing that poorly. That was definitely a stolen win.

Another old AFC Central match-up for TNF. Not sure what to expect. The Titans are a weird team.

I don't know how they managed to pull that out after playing that poorly. That was definitely a stolen win.

Another old AFC Central match-up for TNF. Not sure what to expect. The Titans are a weird team.

defense stepped up in the 2nd half after having half the secondary go down.

finally brought some pressure to Brissett and caused a huge turnover.

special teams sucked all game.

offense was good enough when it needed to be.

gotta play better thursday to beat the Titans.

defense stepped up in the 2nd half after having half the secondary go down.

finally brought some pressure to Brissett and caused a huge turnover.

special teams sucked all game.

offense was good enough when it needed to be.

gotta play better thursday to beat the Titans.

I'm a big Steeler fan seen all the SB's back to the "70's. I want to see this team put ONE complete game together before I get fully on board. I like the defense but there is something missing with this offense and it doesn't all fall on Ben. They need to give Connor a few more touches. His running style is the complete opposite of Bell and its a good change of pace. Watching Bell in person was driving me crazy yesterday. He needs to just hit the hole occasionally. It appeared to me it was there more than a few times but he hesitated into a 2 yd loss or 1 yard gain. They will win the division but unless they improve will be an early exit.

Steelers looked much better v Titans. Did they have 4 Int. all of last year? What did you all think of the 'Madden' view?

Titans fan here, Pittsburgh looked very good last night. Other than kicking field goals early, they played a nearly flawless game. Titans are an up and coming team, and it was good to play in that environment. The AFC this season is going through New England or Pittsburgh, so you'd better be able to compete in those two places if you want to make any deep runs in the playoffs.

It was a bad matchup for the Titans. Teams that rely on a power running game rarely come into Pittsburgh and win. Didn't help that Mariota had his worst game of the season.

Steelers looked much better v Titans. Did they have 4 Int. all of last year? What did you all think of the 'Madden' view?

Got tired of the madden view quickly. There's a reason the 50 yard line seat costs more than an end zone seat. I don't mind the view as a change of pace or instant replay to see another view. But the majority of the game? No thanks

I liked it quite a bit. It's pretty interesting to see plays develop from that perspective. You can really anticipate where a QB is going to throw or what running lane a RB is going to hit.

give up 38 to the Ravens??? really? only touch Flacco on the final play?

Pats will put 50+ on them next week.

offense is Super Bowl caliber. defense is way below average, even with Shazier.

gonna be a long Sunday vs Brady.

Without Shazier there are going to be major issues.
But just to make a point, with Shazier they were one of the top defenses statistically so your point is a little bit extreme.

I agree the defense was outmatched yesterday. Tackling is really, really poor. I don't think the Pats winning is a given although something has to change in the scheme. Nothing surprises me in the NFL the Pats have lost 2 games remember.

They need to get someone else returning KO's. Bryant is awful and looks like he hasn't a clue. Almost anyone would be an improvement. I expect Ju Ju to be in that role next week.

Without Shazier there are going to be major issues.
But just to make a point, with Shazier they were one of the top defenses statistically so your point is a little bit extreme.

they had been declining ever since Haden was injured.

way too many big plays given up.

there was a downward trend and it started when Haden went down

Dolphins upset Pats. Both Pats and Steelers look defensively vulnerable Sunday. I'm expecting a shootout.

Last edited: